Show us yer film shots then!

Well done T.........see using film is easy after the first roll, learning about exposure for the subject is easy as well.

Another 2 from me...It's odd because 2 of these came out really wrong exposure wise yet at the same time i have a landscape view i took the same time which came out right

Another Harlestone on film/agfa vista
by Cg_girl, on Flickr

A colour version and with the sun out from the b&w shot...

Agfa vista trees
by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Love the beautiful autumn colour scene of the first and lovely composition looking along the path. Great stuff.

The second is good too, but I think I preferred your B&W conversion

Well done T.........see using film is easy after the first roll, learning about exposure for the subject is easy as well.

Thank you! Some are hit and miss or way off but i'll get there...

Love the beautiful autumn colour scene of the first and lovely composition looking along the path. Great stuff.

The second is good too, but I think I preferred your B&W conversion

Yes i must admit i liked the b&w conversion, but then i am a sucker for b&w anyway
No... you're doing it all wrong. Your first few films should be terrible until you get the hang of it (usually about twenty years). How have you managed to get superb images straight away?!!!

Steve.

Thank you!....That is really kind considering i don't really know anything lol

No... you're doing it all wrong. Your first few films should be terrible until you get the hang of it (usually about twenty years). How have you managed to get superb images straight away?!!!

Steve.
That's a fair point, we demand answers!

Canham MQC 5x7 with circa 90 year old Wollensak Velostigmat 6.25" f9.5 on HP5+. Developed using Divided Pyrocat HD @ 1:10 for 6 minutes each part @ 21° C.

Scan is 2100dpi scan on Scanview 11000 Drum Scanner. The full size of this image is 14676 x 10415.

5x7 Ernesettle & Tamar Valley @ 2100 dpi
by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: osh
Reall
Another 2 from me...It's odd because 2 of these came out really wrong exposure wise yet at the same time i have a landscape view i took the same time which came out right

Another Harlestone on film/agfa vista
by Cg_girl, on Flickr

A colour version and with the sun out from the b&w shot...

Agfa vista trees
by Cg_girl, on Flickr
Really like both of these, great composition on the first in particular, the Agfa Vista has also delivered wonderful autumnal colour, nice work indeed.

Thank you @Jao i have to say i was quite impressed with the agfa vista!

On a side note and i know it's just Flickr but i was quite pleased to find this morning that the side on Autumn scene i posted made flickr explore and is going mental right now...:banana:

Cg_Girl said:
Thank you @Jao i have to say i was quite impressed with the agfa vista! On a side note and i know it's just Flickr but i was quite pleased to find this morning that the side on Autumn scene i posted made flickr explore and is going mental right now...:banana:

Wow brilliant. Well done.

Thank you @Jao i have to say i was quite impressed with the agfa vista!

On a side note and i know it's just Flickr but i was quite pleased to find this morning that the side on Autumn scene i posted made flickr explore and is going mental right now...:banana:
Great news, well done (y)

Been a while since I posted anything - I've been snapping away, but only recently had time to scan and process.
One from the summer. Velvia 50, on the Pentax 645 with a 75mm lens
20131125130627_scan-130904-0003.jpg

And a more recent one, again from the Pentax 645 and 75mm, this time on Portra 160
20131125130852_scan-131108-0014.jpg

original.jpg

Loch Trool taken not long after sunrise. The cloudless sky was a disappointment which was partly offset with some strong light striking the hills behind the loch.

Taken on a Bronca ETRS with a 35mm panoramic film back.

The only word I can think of is...phwoarrr.... Top stuff Robert

Been a while since I posted anything - I've been snapping away, but only recently had time to scan and process.
One from the summer. Velvia 50, on the Pentax 645 with a 75mm lens
20131125130627_scan-130904-0003.jpg

And a more recent one, again from the Pentax 645 and 75mm, this time on Portra 160
20131125130852_scan-131108-0014.jpg
Love both of these Brian, really nice work.

Another cracker there mate.

Thanks Andy! I'm rediscovering my love for the 645, even if it's a bit of a beast to carry around.

Robert, those are lovely! D'you think the 35mm back is worth it compared to just cropping from a 120 back? (I guess one advantage would be to use Vista!?)

Robert, those are lovely! D'you think the 35mm back is worth it compared to just cropping from a 120 back? (I guess one advantage would be to use Vista!?)

I like the 35mm back. It has the advantage of cheap film (vista) and cheap processing (this roll cost me £1 from Tesco's) The downside is that you need to either make a guide for the viewfinder or if you were extra lucky like me, my focusing screen was the one with the 35mm pano and normal lines already on it. It is also a bit of a pain to load, I wasted a film with not getting it loaded properly.

The other problem I have now is that my last two rolls I have lost frames from overlap. This roll was the worst, I lost the first 4 frames which looked good images from what I could see. Everything I have read about these backs say they are a bit fragile and I can agree. There are a few tiny cogs in there and the difficulty in loading the film may be contributing to the slipping when winding on.

A few from me. These are for my evening class assessment.
I posted the first elsewhere on the forum, so apologies for repeating it, but they are meant to be part of a set so included it again for completeness:

Onassis
by SteveGam, on Flickr

Elli
by SteveGam, on Flickr

Elli2
by SteveGam, on Flickr

Kitteh
by SteveGam, on Flickr

Mask
by SteveGam, on Flickr

Thats a nice set of images Steve. I like the first one the most, a well thought out image.

Blooming 'ec, Steve, those are blooming luvverly!

Saving anything for the "anything goes" POTY round?

Thanks for the lovely comments.

Blooming 'ec, Steve, those are blooming luvverly!

Saving anything for the "anything goes" POTY round?

Damn....didn't think of that. Haven't got anything planned for December yet so perhaps should have held one of these back as a plan B....too late now though....doh

These are wonderful Steve, all of them work so well but i think my favs have to be #1 and #4 .. really lovely

Very good indeed Steve, I am liking #3 a lot.

Steve, that is a cracking set, great light and shade, all are excellent but the last one is stunning!

Back