Show us yer film shots then!

Thanks, nick. You are right, a lower perspective you have worked better and brought the stone into more of a prominent position.

It was a tough place to shoot I as I was guessing the exposure, trying the to play and more importantly, trying not stack it on the ice lol

It's on my list of things to do, I've got friends who live not too far away and we're a curling grudge match sometime this winter.

@Cg_Girl I really like that first one with the tunnel effect and the autumn colours. Well done.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob, it's one of my fav places especially in the Autumn so i just had to take the film camera for a try out :D

First shot for me Cg_Girl, but it need a correction for exposure...if you have Photoshop just slide the "gamma correction" down to 70 or more, as what happens if you use Adsa etc they scan for prints and their scans need adjusting for web use....believe me your shot really come alive after adjusting esp with lovely colours.
regards

@excalibur2 Thank you!!... I picked them up today but it's a shop that sends them away and i thought there are a few that just seem weird, the guy in the shop also said i need to watch my exposure but i'm not really sure what i am doing... i have Elements and Lightroom i'll take a look in both and see

@excalibur2 Thank you!!... I picked them up today but it's a shop that sends them away and i thought there are a few that just seem weird, the guy in the shop also said i need to watch my exposure but i'm not really sure what i am doing... i have Elements and Lightroom i'll take a look in both and see

Easy to tell if your exposure is way out (metering from the camera) is to look at the negs...bad under exposure and the negs look thin, and bad over exposure and the negs look dense...anything in between and film is forgiving and most of the time you'll still get a nice picture.

Easy to tell if your exposure is way out (metering from the camera) is to look at the negs...bad under exposure and the negs look thin, and bad over exposure and the negs look dense...anything in between and film is forgiving and most of the time you'll still get a nice picture.

I didn't know that, I've been naughty really and not been using my digital or an app to check and considering i really don't know an awful lot i should be, i adjusted it and altered the Flickr version but now it looks too much i think

I didn't know that, I've been naughty really and not been using my digital or an app to check and considering i really don't know an awful lot i should be, i adjusted it and altered the Flickr version but now it looks too much i think
The one on Flickr is better.... it doesn't look quite so washed out as the original version

The one on Flickr is better.... it doesn't look quite so washed out as the original version

Thank you Lee, I wasn't so sure, i keep going back to it and wasn't sure the colour was too much although i hadn't increased saturation

Thank you Lee, I wasn't so sure, i keep going back to it and wasn't sure the colour was too much although i hadn't increased saturation
The colour of the autumn leaves and the ground look ok to me.... I find the tree trunks a little dark though(but that could just be me)

The colour of the autumn leaves and the ground look ok to me.... I find the tree trunks a little dark though(but that could just be me)

No i don't think it's just you, they are dark, if i try lightening them they look crap, my fault for taking a duff shot i suppose :bang:

No i don't think it's just you, they are dark, if i try lightening them they look crap, my fault for taking a duff shot i suppose :bang:
You are very hard on yourself, I don't think it's a 'duff shot' as you put it......
It's just finding the right balance in what you have and how you process it.

T, I do like the composition of the first, but as others have said the scan needs a bit of a boost. The black and white conversion is just fab! Vista often converts extremely well.

You are very hard on yourself, I don't think it's a 'duff shot' as you put it......
It's just finding the right balance in what you have and how you process it.

Lol i always am... i just can't correct it properly..

T, I do like the composition of the first, but as others have said the scan needs a bit of a boost. The black and white conversion is just fab! Vista often converts extremely well.

Thanks Chris, seeing it altered on flickr it is wrong here, i knew it was once i uploaded the disc but just can't seem to correct it properly, i think because the original was obviously out maybe a black and white wouldn't be so obvious or easier to correct, well for me anyway lol

Here's one I took on Sunday with the Mamiya 7ii (80mm lens) on Velvia 50. I've scanned it to look as close as possible to the transparency (in particular the colour balance) with virtually no processing and quite like the warm effect.

Autumn Birch
by osh rees, on Flickr
Really like this, seeing it on a black background really makes it pop.

I know them both very well, used to walk my dogs in Harlestone Firs in a previous life.

It's a nice place, did you live quite local to here then?

Impossible Project film on a Polaroid 636 camera, this is what happens if you leave the shots lying around

Polaroid 636-2
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Polaroid 636-3
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Polaroid 636-4
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Polaroid 636-7
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Polaroid 636-8
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

They look weirdly cool!

It's a nice place, did you live quite local to here then?

Yes, grew up in Northampton and lived there till 89, always loved the Firs, so close to town but easy to get away from all the crowds. Nothing better than having 3 rampaging dogs chasing each other through the snow up there, great fun.

They look weirdly cool!
There are a bit aren't they. I'm going to have to get some more film for it, although it pains me when the film for the camera is nearly double what I paid for it :LOL:.

Most of the country was fields when we were lads Nick.;)

Me too, me too.....

Suit yourself, I'll get my own.....ROBERTS! a scotch over here and a large Havana if you please.:LOL:

Might have seen this before in another thread but I'm really happy with it!

Zorki 4k with Portra 400
11013591565_03e41084f2_z.jpg

I love coming in this thread - so many nice photos!

ETA I should say, this is a bit of practice of the healing brush... the original scans had hairs and crap all over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jao
Back