Show us yer film shots then!

Richard, your images have me longing for the south of France and my misspent youth! The colours in the last one are stunning!

Thank you Adrian, you would love to spend some time there.

Reactions: Jao
Nice shots Simon...the little girl reading the book reminds me of a statue, up the road from me, that was put in place when the old church nursery school was closed down. Anyway if only my granddaughter would cooperate as I can think of photographic opportunities like...looking over the statues shoulder and reading the book or sitting along side in the same position with a book and so on.

Last edited:
Nice shots Simon...the little girl reading the book reminds me of a statue, up the road from me, that was put in place when the old church nursery school was closed down. Anyway if only my granddaughter would cooperate as I can think of photographic opportunities like...looking over the statues shoulder and reading the book or sitting along side in the same position with a book and so on.

Ah modern kids...you have to pay em now to co operate Brian....or at least that's what they believe!! lol

Nice statue and yes I agree a similar "human" pose alongside would produce an intersting shot.

Perhaps it's time to bribe or blackmail.....:D

Mart, that's very nice. I like the control of depth of field, and the way bringing the fish forward has made it seem so much larger. I bet the fisherman relly likes that shot! "It was THIS big...." :)

I had never gone to anything like this before, but the wife and I decided to venture out to the Kilmacolm and Port Glasgow Agricultural Society Annual Show a few weeks ago at Knapps Loch. There was show jumping, highland cow judging, pipe bands playing, and all other sorts of events at the show. It was actually a pretty fun experience. Here are a few photographs from the day using my SQ-B:

Ah modern kids...you have to pay em now to co operate Brian....or at least that's what they believe!! lol

Nice statue and yes I agree a similar "human" pose alongside would produce an intersting shot.

Perhaps it's time to bribe or blackmail.....:D

It seems the only way Asha, as I've told her that I'm the world's best photographer and that didn't work. :D

Nikon F100, 28-80mm Nikkor and Reala Asa 100.

Spain and it's coast.

Here are two photographs taken about a year apart, but at approximately the same location (Merchant City area of Glasgow). You can see that the markings on the building transformed from nondescript splotches of paint into an elaborate Commonwealth Games mural, while one of the buildings from the first photograph was also knocked down. Minolta Autocord with Fuji Pro 400H for the first photograph and Bronica SQ-A with Fuji Neopan 400CN for the second:

Nikon F100, 28-80mm Nikkor and Reala Asa 100.

Spain and it's coast.

That could so easily be the beach in Nice ( France)

Is it a natural stone beach Richard or has the sand been covered in pebbles to try combat erosion as is the case here?

The horizon looks level to me but only cos I tend to hold my head slightly to one side :exit::D:D

That could so easily be the beach in Nice ( France)

Is it a natural stone beach Richard or has the sand been covered in pebbles to try combat erosion as is the case here?

The horizon looks level to me but only cos I tend to hold my head slightly to one side :exit::D:D

I knew someone would be along to say that:),but,the way it is shot and the perspective,gave me the option of visually level subject or horizon,I choose subject as looking at both this option I felt was the best.:p:bat:

I do not know about the beach question,but,it is Moncofa which is on a very straight part of coastline with lots of groynes,so it could well be covered.

Another from the ETRS again shot on Tri X but at box speed.

In the middle of scanning this film and have come to realise the film back seals need replacing :mad:

To make life just a tad more complicated, i cannot remember which of the 3 backs this film was in :banghead:

Anway for what it's worth, a capture of Monaco back in January I think it was.

View attachment 12803

In the middle of scanning this film and have come to realise the film back seals need replacing :mad:

To make life just a tad more complicated, i cannot remember which of the 3 backs this film was in :banghead:
I have three removable film backs for my RZ67 so I have labels on the outer shell (A,B,C) and on the inner film holder (1,2,3) . When I scan the film I give a file name which includes the back reference (eg "RZ67, Back 3C, TMax 100, 2014-5-27, Tulips 001.jpg"). That way I was eventually able to establish that the combination 3C was the culprit with a light leak. It is still possible that only the outer shell C or the inner holder C is at fault - but I'm not sure I want to waste another film to find that out.

I thought I should share a few shots from some fims just back... These are all Pentax MX and Reala 100 exp 2007, shot at 80.

1) This was my first attempt using the right angle viewer on the Pentax MX for a low-down close up. It works, but you lose a bit of stability with the camera not pressed against the face; made up for it a bit using a monopod at minimum.

2) This was a go at "colourful" for POTY; it's certainly colourful, but I didn't think the composition was arresting enough!

3) Newhaven in Edinburgh on a flat day...

4) Misty Edinburgh in spring...

I don't remember the lenses used. Typically I stick one lens on and go out for the afternoon; even if I take a bag, I rarely change lenses. It feels like I get used to seeing that particular way. But I ought to take notes!

This mist has been quite handy photographically but I'm glad to see the back of it. Nice set Chris.

A bit of a play around.........not sure this actual photo works tbh as I think the foreground needed to be more in focus......it looked good in the viewfinder at the time :sulk:

The perspective reminds me a little of the film "Honey i shrunk the kids"! :D

View attachment 12854

Well now, I go away for a week and come back to literally hundreds of brilliant shots, what have you guys been on......pages of really interesting, technically excellent and artistically creative shots, massive well done's to everyone. :clap::clap::clap:.

I have 14 rolls of 120 from Scotland to develop (only 4 b&w, the rest will be off to Peak later today) but I'm not very hopeful that there will be many keepers :( but you never know :D

Andy

A bit of Portra 160 on a Pentax MX, either 85mm f/2 (first two) or 28mm f/3.5 Pentax-M lenses, Bath and Cheddar! I'd forgotten how unsaturated P160 is...

1) Reaching for the skies...

2) Inside Cheddar Gorge

3) The classic view down Cheddar on the south side looking west... so that's what a 28mm does to my wife and daughter!

4) Random bit of cliff...

This represents my first serious go with the 28mm in a landscape context. I've always rather sneered at the wide angle approach, but I'm just beginning to understand the advantages of long depth of field in a 35mm context... Not sure I'm yet convinced this is the "sharpest Pentax-M lens ever" but I'm beginning to like it more!

1st & 3rd for me Chris.
Thé 28mm is one of my prefered focal lengths and your shot of two lovely ladies against a beautiful landscape is an excellent exemple of thé style of image it it can offer

Thanks Asha. I was slightly above them and I'm surprised how foreshortened they have turned out.

All credit to the sports photographers of yore!
My attempt with the Autocord, pre-focussing with a top speed of 1/500 using Acros 100 in marginal light was always going to be a challenge and so it proved. This is about the only action shot off the roll that just about passes. Dev'd in HC-110.

Point to Point_Necarne
by djguru32, on Flickr

Whew, now that is a serious challenge to undertake: TLR, sport, 100 ISO film, and overcast light!

All credit to the sports photographers of yore!
My attempt with the Autocord, pre-focussing with a top speed of 1/500 using Acros 100 in marginal light was always going to be a challenge and so it proved. This is about the only action shot off the roll that just about passes. Dev'd in HC-110.

Point to Point_Necarne
by djguru32, on Flickr

Well done. !! Clicked through to Flickr to see it bigger, but it's a private image...D'oh !!

Back