Show us yer film shots then!

Well I knew my Vivitar 24mm f2 @ f2 has a highlight glow flare, so thought I'd try it for a blue bell shot.....h'mm well it's different using Agfa Vista;)

Thats a nice shot. Its almost like an Orton effect.

Than
Thats a nice shot. Its almost like an Orton effect.

Thanks I knew someone, somewhere, would like it;) I don't know how a pro would handle it (maybe just a single flower) as I find it difficult not to have just a record shot of a bunch of bluebells, but do think it needs medium format for these types of shots.

@Andysnap, I really like numbers 4 and 5 from your set - second furrows pic (I'm a sucker for leading lines) and the flowers pic has great colours.

@JeffHaynes, particularly jealous of your Helter Skelter - I was planning to use a shot like that for the postcard challenge but the fair that came to town had a rather boring sand-coloured tower so I scrubbed that idea and went with something else.

@walsh, nice quality to those shots, particularly like number 2 and good capture of the bloke in the suit and hat, he really adds to the timelessness.

14209219251_e724234b88_c.jpg

My browser like the pain size

Taken a week ago. Provia 100f Apo Germinar 750mm F14.5 1/8th second and F32

We always have favourite subjects for using up the last on a roll and mine are fairly consistent; kids or dogs. On this occasion both were in the kitchen and these were the last two on the roll;

Mark

Gorgeous dogs Mark ( your lad's not bad looking too :p).......I bet they're better behaved than my two puddy tats which are presently expressing their discontent at having to endure a home move and ultmately regain their territory......

Talk about fall outs between them, it's gotta be easier to have kids!

I've seen four other cats in the immediate neighbourhood....just cannot wait for the moment mine realise they are not alone and have to share!!!!:D

double post!

Gorgeous dogs Mark ( your lad's not bad looking too :p).......I bet they're better behaved than my two puddy tats which are presently expressing their discontent at having to endure a home move and ultmately regain their territory......

Talk about fall outs between them, it's gotta be easier to have kids!

I've seen four other cats in the immediate neighbourhood....just cannot wait for the moment mine realise they are not alone and have to share!!!!:D

Thank you Asha. Not that well behaved as the cocker recently nicked a sock and when it didn't come out the other end it required some rather expensive surgery to retrieve it. I think the vets bill makes that the most expensive pair of socks I own - and the colour doesn't really match anymore!

As for my son, he also nicks my socks but luckily they just turn up in the laundry basket.

Hope your cats settle in quickly

Mark

Just got my grubby mitts on plustek scanner, equal parts frustrating and fascinating at the moment.
Anyway here are the first couple of scans...
First shot is from the monte tropical gardens in Madeira.
stepping stones by lazymandias, on Flickr
And the second is from a slightly less glamorous location.
bullring and crane by lazymandias, on Flickr
They go great together, I wonder if you could make them work as a diptych.

As, Asha is now getting back on line a bit more. I felt that this would be good to post.

Nice apartment relaxing after a heavy day photographing every thing that moved. :)

Nikon F3 28mm Nikkor and Fuji 400CN.

Last edited:
And now hopefully a better photograph. :)

Taken very early Nice promenade.

Taken with a Minox GT, bought of this site with Fuji 400CN.

Scotney Castle! Not far from me. The old castle is lovely.

It was sitting there all castley so I had to wave a camera at it your honour.....

Or alternatively I usually try and get to Scotney in May when the Rhodedendrons are out and as I've been insulting their favourite publisity shot for years I thought I'd have a go myself. 750 on 10x8 roughtly equals 105mm telephoto on 35mm so it compresses the perspective making the house at the top apear nearer / larger than it is and with a view camera you can play with the plane of focous unlike their shot where the house at the top looks .. well not so good.

14212523645_21ea6605b7_c.jpg

Also literally from a week ago

240mm Sinaron SE F22 and 1/15 second Provia 100F colour a bit iffy but I can live with it would have liked a better reflection but the combination of decent reflection and no bodies is hard to get when they are open

Silly size version

As, Asha is now getting back on line a bit more. I felt that this would be good to post.

Nice apartment relaxing after a heavy day photographing every thing that moved. :)

F100 Kodak Elite Chrome 100_-17
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Just to prove that Asha does get out and take photos sometimes and doesn't just sit on his arse.

Just noticed that there's some funny sharpening artefacts in the top left on the edge of the petals. Sigh. Never mind.

Haha I did exactly the same :ROFLMAO:

As an experiment, I just asked t'missus to take a look at the earlier shot on her laptop and she immediately wiped her screen. I should pretend that it was intentional as an Andy Kaufman-esque prank instead of my being a lazy arse...

Perhaps I should put the shots into a 2-frame animated GIF so that the clean one replaces the dirty one after a few seconds... ;)

Last edited:
As an experiment, I just asked t'missus to take a look at the earlier shot on her laptop and she immediately wiped her screen. I should pretend that it was intentional as an Andy Kaufman-equse prank instead of my being a lazy arse...

Perhaps I should put the shots into a 2-frame animated GIF so that the clean one replaces the dirty one after a few seconds... ;)
Maybe all your shots should have that look, sort of like Cartier Bresson's decisive moment but dustier.

I've been in the darkroom recently trying my first attempts at sepia toning with Fotospeed ST20 toner.

Mamiya RZ67 and Kodak TMax 100, in Thornely Woods, printed on to Ilford Multigrade fibre-based paper:

View attachment 12272
Yashicamat 124G and Tri-X at Beamish Museum, printed onto Ilford MGIV resin-coated paper:

View attachment 12273

Yashicamat 124G and Tri-X at Beamish Museum, printed onto Ilford MGIV resin-coated paper:
View attachment 12275

Last edited:

T'was a good day albiet hazy for thé landscazpe shots....... I'd forgotten you had captured this shot of me..... Prat! Lol

And now hopefully a better photograph. :)

Taken very early Nice promenade.

Taken with a Minox GT, bought of this site with Fuji 400CN.

Nice shot....excuse the punn :D

I would guess you were sat having coffee and croisant when you captured this?

Back