Show us yer film shots then!

the outoffocusness in the first shot is gorgeous.

Nice shot....excuse the punn :D

I would guess you were sat having coffee and croisant when you captured this?

I think I was with the Cognac of course. :)

Out for a ride this morning, took my Olympus XA loaded with Poundland 200, development by Asda Aintree, scanning by me.

14263851252_002de0fd05_k.jpg

14079341239_ff62a36d8f_o.jpg

Recognise thé area @NickT as lived in thé IOM as a yung un and liverpool docks and limestreet station were en route to grandmas in Yorkshire.

Thé bike.....love it!
I user to race as a teenager and my first 'racing' bike was a Peugeot which resembled your Raleigh so much with the gear levers on the downtube, tan coloured hoods on the brake levers and metal toe clips. Happy times!

Taken with F3,28mm Nikkor and 200Asa slide film.

#1. More coffee with Asha.

#2 Nice in the middle of the night.

Reactions: Jao
Taken F3,28mm Nikkor and 200Asa slide film.

#1 Nice promenade in fancy dress. :)

Last edited:
Like the inclusion of the Nikon in the first shot and the outoffocusness is very nice.

Like the inclusion of the Nikon in the first shot and the outoffocusness is very nice.

Thank you Nick.

Really like the first one, very evocative and the FM/FE?? Really sets it off

Thank you Adrian,not sure what Asha was using that morning.

^^^^^^^^^

Really like the first photograph, great interest and the control of light is very good. (y)

A little bit of French architecture. Nikon F3, 28mm Nikkor and 200Asa slide film. It was that grey on the day. :)

#1.

#2.

#3.

A really nice feel to these an good colour in spite of the dull conditions. I like them all but the quirky viewpoint of the last one makes it the winner for me!

A few more from the set I am slowly building of images taken along the River Wensum that runs through Norwich, All taken on Agfa Vista 200 and with my Nikon F4s and Nikkor 24-120mm (before I dropped the lens!-see other thread in the Photos from film section). Still haven't spotted Alan Partridge either:)

1.)
14282784024_2f212647d8_b.jpg

2.)
14279933951_b47b11ce53_b.jpg

3.)
14096690077_73f330f583_b.jpg

A few more from the set I am slowly building of images taken along the River Wensum that runs through Norwich, All taken on Agfa Vista 200 and with my Nikon F4s and Nikkor 24-120mm (before I dropped the lens!-see other thread in the Photos from film section). Still haven't spotted Alan Partridge either:)

1.)

2.)

3.)

Number 3 is ace!

A really nice feel to these an good colour in spite of the dull conditions. I like them all but the quirky viewpoint of the last one makes it the winner for me!
Number 3 is ace!

Thank you both very much,I like that shot myself.

Nice (France) promenade in different lights. Nikon F3,28mm Nikkor and 200Asa slide film.

#1.

#2.

#3.

Nice (France) promenade in different lights. Nikon F3,28mm Nikkor and 200Asa slide film.

#1.

#2.

Richard, more images having me longing for the south of France. The colours in the last on are stunning!

#3.

Richard, your images have me longing for the south of France and my misspent youth! The colours in the last one are stunning!

Last edited:
Richard, your images have me longing for the south of France and my misspent youth! The colours in the last one are stunning!
Mmm a norfolkite in thé south of France......you may need thé help of L' ASHASISTANCE ( 2014 version of la résistance:p ) to get you in!:p:D

1.)

2.)

3.)

Great set Adrian.....

1.)

2.)

3.)
The reflections in these are brill ...particularly like the last one(y)

A little bit of French architecture. Nikon F3, 28mm Nikkor and 200Asa slide film. It was that grey on the day. :)

#1.

#2.

#3.

Richard, you've got me wondering now...what with back street pics and ladies ( earlier in this thread!) and now "sneaky" corners :wideyed::p....it's a wonder you didn't spend your week down here in the local Gendarmerie!!!! :D:D

The first shot for me would have worked better with more symetery ......the van doesn't help either ( they always get in the way don't they?:mad:)

By contrast, i like the other two, particularly the last one ......to say the light was pretty carp, they've come out quite nice.(y)

First posting of analogue images here, be gentle please :)

These are a few shots from a test roll (Kodak ColorPlus 200) I put through a recent acquisition, a Rolleiflex SL35 E and Tamron 28-50 Adaptall lens. Not sure I like the warm-ish (classic?) tones on contemporary subject matter, but it seems to work with these particular images. Film processed at Boots, images taken from supplied CD (they seem a bit grainy to me?)

Roller taken with a Rollei ;) by NigelLee, on Flickr

Of course, I had to have a go at a conversion...

Rolls Royce by NigelLee, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

I like those Nigel, the grain isn't really as bad as it looks on the CD. The highstreet processors almost always set sharpening to 11 and as such the jpgs come out looking like they've been shot to 40 year old film stored in a car glove box.

First posting of analogue images here, be gentle please :)

These are a few shots from a test roll (Kodak ColorPlus 200) I put through a recent acquisition, a Rolleiflex SL35 E and Tamron 28-50 Adaptall lens.

The Rolleiflex and 28-50mm lens should be a vey useful combo and I like the results. The first two don't look grainy to me; numbers 3 and 4 have more obvious grain, but ColorPlus 200 is not a great film. Now that you know the camera works fine, treat it to some Ektar or Portra 160 and you won't be worrying about grain.

I like those Nigel, the grain isn't really as bad as it looks on the CD. The highstreet processors almost always set sharpening to 11 and as such the jpgs come out looking like they've been shot to 40 year old film stored in a car glove box.
Very good Nigel, you did well with colorplus as it is not rated as a great film.
The Rolleiflex and 28-50mm lens should be a vey useful combo and I like the results. The first two don't look grainy to me; numbers 3 and 4 have more obvious grain, but ColorPlus 200 is not a great film. Now that you know the camera works fine, treat it to some Ektar or Portra 160 and you won't be worrying about grain.
Thanks for your feedback, and tips about ColorPlus, folks, maybe I need to be more choosey when asked what I want for my birthday ;)

I'll admit I wasn't sure about the lens - it came with the body for a reasonable price - and it's nice to have the flexibility of a zoom but... this is my second SL35E following a brief affair with one a few months back. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a duff one (returned to understanding seller), but it came with the 50mm f/1.8 HFT and I quite liked the images it produced , I might just be adding one of those in due course!

Nigel

Taken with my Yashica MAT EM, hooked up to a couple of studio flashes. Ektar 100 I think. Developed by PEak, then scanned by me on my v600.View attachment 12701

Richard, you've got me wondering now...what with back street pics and ladies ( earlier in this thread!) and now "sneaky" corners :wideyed::p....it's a wonder you didn't spend your week down here in the local Gendarmerie!!!! :D:D

The first shot for me would have worked better with more symetery ......the van doesn't help either ( they always get in the way don't they?:mad:)

By contrast, i like the other two, particularly the last one ......to say the light was pretty carp, they've come out quite nice.(y)

Thanks Asha, I thought the van logo picked out the building colour wonderfully:) only kidding and as you know in Nice you have to take risks to shoot street.:D

Last edited:
Back