Show us yer film shots then!

Nikon F4s, Nikkor 24-120mm, Kodak Tri-X, Plustek 7600i

14507110310_acc4995321_b.jpg

That's another cracker Mart, seriously good.

Andy

I had the same problem last month.....

The first one is a bit scary...that one black eye....:runaway:

This was my alternate shot for last months POTY. I liked it but I wanted to be a bit daring.

Strutting
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Not sure I made the obvious decision but I have decided to stop being a boring photographer and try and get something different.

Andy

... I have decided to stop being a boring photographer and try and get something different.

I think you might be on to something there... :)

FWIW, the seagull pic doesn't really work for me, the light's the wrong side of the bird and I grew up on the coast so maybe I've seen my fill of the ugly, greedy, noisy, messy, annoying bastards. That bit about the light though, that's the obvious, boring thing, isn't it. How about a lower perspective and capturing the bird as a silhouette?

I think you might be on to something there... :)

FWIW, the seagull pic doesn't really work for me, the light's the wrong side of the bird and I grew up on the coast so maybe I've seen my fill of the ugly, greedy, noisy, messy, annoying bastards. That bit about the light though, that's the obvious, boring thing, isn't it. How about a lower perspective and capturing the bird as a silhouette?

Bit late now Dean, I think its gone.......:D

14691529186_bc9f235340_c.jpg

Flickr Link

Bronica SQ-A camera
Zenzanon PS 150mm f/4 lens
Foma Fomapan Creative 200 film
ID11

Paul, the 6x6's you have been posting are really excellent. You achieve a great range of monochrome tones in your work which has strong composition and is very well seen!

Paul, the 6x6's you have been posting are really excellent. You achieve a great range of monochrome tones in your work which has strong composition and is very well seen!
I really appreciate that Jao, as a novice into this. I've only recently settled onto home developed b/w film (mainly MF) as a personal style choice, but I have to say that those silver salts are very addictive. I'm particularly pleased because I rarely use a light meter with my Bronica - even in the street. It's Sunny F16 rule all the way. But I like this. My exposure isn't perfect. It can be a bit off, but so what?

Photoshop. :p

See? Piece of cake. I've made one or two other minor alterations such as burning in the background a little to give it a Velvia-like richness while retaining the highlights with a bit of dodging. Thought I'd better tell you in case you didn't notice, it's quite subtle. :)

AndyPSExample.jpg

Now, who has some treasured memories they'd like me to restore?

See? Piece of cake. I've made one or two other minor alterations such as burning in the background a little to give it a Velvia-like richness while retaining the highlights with a bit of dodging. Thought I'd better tell you in case you didn't notice, it's quite subtle. :)

AndyPSExample.jpg

Masterpiece.

I have been testing some more 'Film Gear' given to me the other day -- 1982 Zeiss CONTAX RTS II Quartz and a Yashica FR1 with several Yashica lenses, motor winders ( no batteries), flash leads, two Contax flash guns ( one went BANG! ) -- here are results of the Contax loaded with outdated Fuji Super G Plus 400 I rated at 125 ASA

50mm f1.4 Carl Zeiss PLANAR at full aperture f1.4

CONTAX RTSII Quartz tests by pentaxpete, on Flickr

the Planar at f8

28mm f2.8 Yashica ML at f2.8

80-200mm Yashica ML Zoom at f4

AndyPSExample.jpg

That is exactly as I remember it....... apart from the spaceship was more cigar shaped. I think you may have a career in CGI Dean, you are a natural, so subtly done....:clap::clap::clap: Not sure why you've removed so much of my hair from the back though :thinking:

I have been testing some more 'Film Gear' given to me the other day -- 1982 Zeiss CONTAX RTS II Quartz and a Yashica FR1 with several Yashica lenses, motor winders ( no batteries), flash leads, two Contax flash guns ( one went BANG! ) -- here are results of the Contax loaded with outdated Fuji Super G Plus 400 I rated at 125 ASA

the Planar at f8

Looks like you scored a bargain there Pete. Nice one.

the Planar at f8

Pete, that's a really great set of shots, old film and a Yashica Contax combination clearly agrees with you!

the Planar at f8

Nice one Pete, might ave to dust off my Contax 139Q.

^^^ I like that.

:plus1:

Exactly what he said, very nice image, cracking composition, lovely muted colour, Soviet style indeed!

I've sort of decided to shoot less 35mm and concentrate on medium format; but ironically that has led me to shoot more 35mm in an effort to reduce my remaining stock of 35mm film ...

I'd had this roll of 35mm Ilford XP2 Super in a Canon EOS300 for about a year and took a walk along the River Aln to finish it off.

Alnwick Castle
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

Last edited:
The Granddaughter aged 6 weeks old. Olympus OM2 SP, 50mm F1.8 Zuiko on Poundland Agfa Vista 200.

14570848230_69e658775e_b.jpg

Back