Show us yer film shots then!

Agfa Vista 400, Nikon F4s, Nikkor 24-120mm, ASDA dev and very low res Scan

If Carlsberg made campervans!
14756878951_4217b0f7a3_b.jpg

Last edited:
More test shots from me, these were taken on a new-to-me Fuji GS645S that I imported from Japan and after paying the tax was still cheaper than you get them in this country!

All taken on Shanghai GP3, metered with the camera and stand developed in APH-09 (Rodinal) for an hour and a bit after I forgot about them. No harm done, I think, and I rather like the retro feel to them.

Climbing Ivy
by Strappster, on Flickr

Taken as a lens test, plenty of detail and no distortion issues.

Cranes
by Strappster, on Flickr

Rusting rivets
by Strappster, on Flickr

I missed the focus in the last one but I like the results nonetheless, I think the slighly blur supports the retro feel of the film. Not bad for £1.80 a roll :D

Maybe the wrong thread, because these are merely from my ickle 50p compact camera (Olympus XA2). I mainly post the posh stuff from my Bronica here. But this is my gritty other side:

14631129620_b9efa730bf_b.jpg

Flickr Link

14797202636_2d3e0969f4_b.jpg

Flickr Link

Both:
The 50p Camera Project
Olympus XA2 35mm film compact camera
Agfa Gevaert / FirstCall 400S b/w film
Developed in FirstCall R09.

I go away for a week and come back to pages of loveliness, some seriously good shots in this thread guys and girls.

Time to lower the bar and a couple from the now seriously malfunctioning Rolleicord. I shall be contacting Mr Micklebro tomorrow to see if he can work some magic and get the shutter to fire when I push the button and not fail every other shot.

Both on Fuji Acros 100.

Neidpath Castle on the River Tweed near Peebles.
Neidpath-Castle-3 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And turn 90 degrees to the left and a shot of the tree-lined path back to Peebles.
Trees by andysnapper1, on Flickr

I hope the camera can be fixed up as it is in all other ways an absolute joy to use. The lens is pin sharp and its light enough and small enough to go in my smallest pack for a long days walk.

Here are some on my little 1985 MINOX 35GT -- I finished up the film at last -- outdated Kodak TCN 400 rated at 250 ASA home-processed in C41
Eyebrow threading, Romford Shopping Mall, camera at waist level, f2.8
Minox Candids 01 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Paper Crown wearer, Thurrock Lakeside Shopping Mall, f2.8, film as before
Minox Candids 03 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Sipping Drinks, bored waiting for Mum -- Thurrock Lakeside Shopping Mall, f2.8, film as before

Minox Candids 04 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

More test shots from me, these were taken on a new-to-me Fuji GS645S that I imported from Japan and after paying the tax was still cheaper than you get them in this country!

All taken on Shanghai GP3, metered with the camera and stand developed in APH-09 (Rodinal) for an hour and a bit after I forgot about them. No harm done, I think, and I rather like the retro feel to them.

Climbing Ivy
by Strappster, on Flickr

Taken as a lens test, plenty of detail and no distortion issues.

Cranes
by Strappster, on Flickr

Rusting rivets
by Strappster, on Flickr

I missed the focus in the last one but I like the results nonetheless, I think the slighly blur supports the retro feel of the film. Not bad for £1.80 a roll :D

I like the shot of the cranes. Is the lens as sharp as they say? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it, and what % did customs charge you to bring it in? I've been look at these for a while. The ones in Japan certainly look like better value, assuming the tax and duty isn't too high. Also fancy a GW670 :)

I like the shot of the cranes. Is the lens as sharp as they say? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it, and what % did customs charge you to bring it in? I've been look at these for a while. The ones in Japan certainly look like better value, assuming the tax and duty isn't too high. Also fancy a GW670 :)

Thank you :)

I think so, yes. I need to put a colour film or a roll of Acros through it next, this roll was a bunch of grab shots so I could leave feedback on t'bay!

I paid £180-ish, then with the shipping charge it was near enough £200 on the dot. Import duty is 4.2% on film cameras and waived if the duty is under £9 but the VAT is 20% and always applies, then you need to add ParcelFarce extortion to get your true price (£13.95 in this case) so it probably ended up costing around £255.

Thank you :)

I think so, yes. I need to put a colour film or a roll of Acros through it next, this roll was a bunch of grab shots so I could leave feedback on t'bay!

I paid £180-ish, then with the shipping charge it was near enough £200 on the dot. Import duty is 4.2% on film cameras and waived if the duty is under £9 but the VAT is 20% and always applies, then you need to add ParcelFarce extortion to get your true price (£13.95 in this case) so it probably ended up costing around £255.

Cheers Dean, that's really helpful. Still looks like a bit of a bargain. Look forward to seeing more shots out of it.

Whew, it's been a crazy here in Glasgow! I've just sent off a bunch of film for development from the last couple of weeks; I can't wait to get all of those photos back! In the mean time, here are a few photos that I just got back from right before the Commonwealth Games came to town:

Looks good Asha, those baby boxes are pretty cool shame the film is so hard to come by.

Cheers Steveo.

I only have a couple of 127 films left but tbh, once they've gone, i think i'll just reload the spools with 35mm film and compensate for the difference in film width.

Last year, I bought a Voigtländer Vito CLR from eBay. When I got it, it turned out the lens was hazy, but I couldn't be bothered to send it back for the sake of £11, so I kept it. I put a film in it, and I've been gradually taking the 36 exposures ever since. Well, I'm fairly happy with the results, considering I never really put much effort into the roll, given the haze. Of course, now I want to take more 35mm, even though I bought a new medium format lens last week. I'm never satisfied . . .

HP5+, Ilfosol.

View attachment 17520 View attachment 17521 View attachment 17522 View attachment 17523 View attachment 17524

The "symeter
Back door, Lomo LC-A on expired Svema 100

The symetery in this, although far from exact, works very well imo.

The brickworks screams detail, and the stairways give an impression that the whole building is "posing with a smile"

Love it!(y)

^^^ Very nice, love the light.

You put your negs under the glass of the Paterson Contact printer and expose it under the enlarger, the develop the paper ! ( Under 'Safelight' conditions of course)

You put your negs under the glass of the Paterson Contact printer and expose it under the enlarger, the develop the paper ! ( Under 'Safelight' conditions of course)
Have you got an enlarger Steve?

Nah, and no where I can make dark at the moment. I could probably rig up the bath room but I'm in the middle of gutting it so its out just now. I actually got a 35mm contact printer at a car boot and couldn't let it pass...

Back