Show us yer film shots then!

You don't need the room to be completely dark for prints, just block off the windows a bit and a red safelight will do.

I had already posted some leica 35mm photos of St Michaels Mount. I have just had the scans back from the medium format film I ran through my recently acquired Mamiya RZ67. I made a couple of errors here including not placing the grad filter correctly and forgetting to consider exposure compensation for the polarising filter, nevertheless:

9766-002-0002.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

More results from the RZ67 here:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/first-results-from-mamiya-rz67-proii.554110/

I had already posted some leica 35mm photos of St Michaels Mount. I have just had the scans back from the medium format film I ran through my recently acquired Mamiya RZ67. I made a couple of errors here including not placing the grad filter correctly and forgetting to consider exposure compensation for the polarising filter, nevertheless:

9766-002-0002.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

^^^ Clever, but it would be cheaper to buy a shed and light proof it.....mmm there's a thought now. :thinking:

View attachment 17635

No It's not a moon base scene from James Bond!
It's Europe's largest indoor coal preparation plant at Gascoigne Wood in Yorkshire, Shot on a Bronica ETRsi, 40mm lens using 400 Portra film.

I love these shots of yours. Another vote for creating a separate thread with them all...or have you got them online elsewhere?

I haven't taken any pictures for ages.

The troops at home were getting restless as I needed to finish a roll that has my daughter's graduation pictures on, so a quick walk around the garden and this took my eye:

Rusty Hearts and Bells by wickerman6, on Flickr

Leica M3, Tmax 100 Rodinal 1+50.

Last edited:
I do hope you're going to compile all three fantastic shots in one place.

Hi Steven,
I've not finished yet! I'm having a good sort out so there should be more to come :)

I love these shots of yours. Another vote for creating a separate thread with them all...or have you got them online elsewhere?

Hi J,
No not online elsewhere just hear, I'm glad you find them interesting.

The world in colour..... (trumpets blare)

Rolleicord Va Type II on Kodak Ektar 100. Another shot of Neidpath Castle on the Tweed. I am really, really starting to love the little 'Cord.
Neidpath-Castle-4 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Right, off to the Bridge Inn for a libation, ta ra.

Andy

I love Neidpath, and that's an excellent shot of it. Quite hard to find a spot for a good reflection shot, although there's a tree under a vertical bank where if you lean out over the water the view is perfect.... :)

That's lovely, Andy, looks like you nailed the exposure there. What are you metering with?

I use a little Sekonic l208 twinmate. Seems to be very accurate.

Yes Chris a really lovely spot. I spent a good while looking for a place with a decent reflection on the river but other than strapping myself to a branch (a bit tricky with a TLR and tripod :D) I didn't find anywhere. I have asked if they could move the castle for my next visit.

Maybe some of those chest-high waders the salmon fishers use, and an extra-long tripod?

Just picked up my latest roll from development: Portra 160 (Olympus Trip 35)

This one was a bit cropped, and took a small exposure adjustment.

Well... that's sad...
by joaonorim, on Flickr

This one was slightly straightened, as did the one below.

Horizon
by joaonorim, on Flickr

Ponde da Arrábida from below
by joaonorim, on Flickr

This last shot, had no edition. Straight from the camera.

Forbiden
by joaonorim, on Flickr

For my not so high standards, they're not bad. Anyway, I don't like focusing on the Olympus very much... The main focusing tool are 4 symbols, and that made me miss the focus in many shots...

Last edited:
Joao, I think these have come out pretty well! I particularly like the bridge. It's odd how portrait format shots like that can look narrower than the landscape ones are high (if you see what I mean!).

IIRC the Trip has a 35mm lens, so has a fairly wide depth of focus; despite the "4 symbol" issue, it seems to have worked out pretty well for you. I have a Trip too, but don't use it much, perhaps because there's not enough control?

I think the film is probably Portra 160 rather than Provia (which comes in 100 or 400 speeds, and usually has a more saturated look).

Thanks for the nice words ;)
There's a reason why the portrait shot looks narrower than the others: it is :p I checked now, and it seems I haven't kept the proportions when I cropped that shot.

About the film, you're right, ofc. It's Portra, not Provia (already edited that).

Maybe some of those chest-high waders the salmon fishers use, and an extra-long tripod?

TBH there was so little water in the Tweed that a pair of wellies would probably have done. :D

here are couple from 'experiments' with RED FILTER on my 'gift' Contax RTS II Quartz. I found the camera metering does NOT allow for density of a RED Filter as compared with readings from my Weston Master V and allowing three stops extra the Weston negs were good and camera metering was under-exposed -- but here are results --
Using some outdated 2003 AGFA APX 25 rated 20 ASA and processed in FX15 formula 1+1 -- NO FILTER
No Filter 01 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
With RED filter
Red Filter 01 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Hip-hop legends Public Enemy played in Belfast on Tuesday night. What better to take along than a film P&S to float amongst the sea of smartphone videographers? Cue the Olympus XA3...

Strong lights, lots of movement both on stage and in the crowd, so challenging conditions; whilst technically carp these seem, to my mind at least, capture some of the energy of what was a great night.

Tri-X 400 pushed to 1600, semi-stand in HC-110 for 1.5hrs.
Rough-scanned on the Pakon F135.

Public Enemy_2 by djguru32, on Flickr

Public Enemy_1 by djguru32, on Flickr

Dave

Some chest high fishing waders would also be useful for escaping from tidal islands too... :D

Thanks for that mate.... Glad you're still finding amusement in my pain. :D

Fair enough, pleased to help. (y)

Charlotte, your second one is a pano where the composition actually works, to my eyes, fantastic shot, well done!

Thanks Chris! Still getting the hang of it - with a 90mm lens I have to get a little further away from subjects than I usually do, too.

Not developed anything for a while so I had to force myself to do this today! Roll shot a few weeks ago in my L35AF. Film was Superpan 200 developed in HC-110 dilution B.Quite surprised with how nice the film is, although it does make very thin negatives:

symphony
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking as always :)

Very nice shot ;)
I like the "natural vignetting" effect given by those darker buildings, and also you made me google that camera (seems to be a nice little camera to bring in the pocket).

Back