Show us yer film shots then!

Great stuff, Gareth. Now we want to see more...

(Are there threads specifically related to your Iceland trip, I followed the main thread with interest but have not seen many shots...)

Thank you. :) The only ones I have posted have been in this section and one in the 'Suburbia' comp, also in here.

Nice one Gaz!

Ta. :)

Well done Gareth, cracking shot.

Thank you. :)

Agreed.

Nice one Gareth.

Many thanks. :)

Congratulations, Gaz :)

Thank you. :)

That is a fantastic shot! This makes me want to abandon fatherhood for a few days and just go shoot film!

Thanks for than Conor, that's a blast from the past, good god has it really been 8 years to the day.....nearly.

ere, kids love muddy fields, be a father and take em with ya :)

Thanks for than Conor, that's a blast from the past, good god has it really been 8 years to the day.....nearly.

ere, kids love muddy fields, be a father and take em with ya :)

Lordy, I never looked at the date it was posted! What a numpty :LOL:

My son is only 9 months old so he's learning to walk, never mind muddy puddles! Some day though... some day!

Those are superb Kevin. I really need to go back to High Cup Nick, a most spectacular place. we have spent 3 New Years in Dufton, a group of us, usually 10 or 12, and have only been to HCN once and it was absolutely freezing with snow storms. No good photographically.

Those are superb Kevin. I really need to go back to High Cup Nick, a most spectacular place. we have spent 3 New Years in Dufton, a group of us, usually 10 or 12, and have only been to HCN once and it was absolutely freezing with snow storms. No good photographically.
Thanks Andy (and Simon, Gareth and Charlotte). This was my first visit to the area. After walking about a mile from Dufton my camera batteries went flat. I thought I had replacements in the bag but it turned out they were the wrong size. I briefly weighed up the options of carrying on without a camera (unthinkable really !) or going back to the car where I might have the right batteries and definitely had a Yashicamat. I'm glad I went back and did find the right batteries.
That extra bit, plus taking the wrong path at one point, meant that the route was about 13 miles but it was worth it.

Last edited:
eos5vista001 by Mads.S, on Flickr
I dont recall it looking that blown out or sharp before I uploaded to flickr :confused:

eos5vista015 by Mads.S, on Flickr
Both of those shots came off a hastily run roll of vista that I shot simply to make sure the processing was ok on the other film, which came out of the fisheye thingme my sister got me

fisheyevista002 by Mads.S, on Flickr

Death's Shadow on Flickr

17274615271_f44371569e_c.jpg

SQ-A / PS 150mm f/4 / Foma Fomapan Action 400 / D-76 at 1:1 / V500

eos5vista001 by Mads.S, on Flickr
I dont recall it looking that blown out or sharp before I uploaded to flickr :confused:

eos5vista015 by Mads.S, on Flickr
Both of those shots came off a hastily run roll of vista that I shot simply to make sure the processing was ok on the other film, which came out of the fisheye thingme my sister got me

fisheyevista002 by Mads.S, on Flickr
There's something timeless about the first two - I really like them!

Hey Filmists!

Just got my first 'Image of the Day' from UKFilmLab with this shot from Iceland. :)

Hasselblad 500cm | 80mm | Kodak Ektar 100

Great shot there Gareth, I saw it on UKFL's Facebook yesterday and thought I recognised it :D

Just out of interest, do you go for small, medium or large scans? I'm about to send a roll of to them for the first time and I can't decide what size to go for. Part of me wants to go for a large, but then the extra couple of quid will add up over a year, plus I'll only be sharing online so I don't need massive scans. Small scans seem to be roughly 10MP anyway so they're not overly tiny.

Great shot there Gareth, I saw it on UKFL's Facebook yesterday and thought I recognised it :D

Just out of interest, do you go for small, medium or large scans? I'm about to send a roll of to them for the first time and I can't decide what size to go for. Part of me wants to go for a large, but then the extra couple of quid will add up over a year, plus I'll only be sharing online so I don't need massive scans. Small scans seem to be roughly 10MP anyway so they're not overly tiny.

Thanks Carl. I go for the medium scan which seems to be ok for everything I need. I've printed up to 12x12 and they look great.

I decide based on intended print size at 300dpi. For instance, if I want 12x12 prints, I go for the large size (3600x3600px); If I'm printing at 8x8, I would go for small (2400x2400px). If you're just viewing on the web, I'm not sure if there's much point for anything other than small unless you plan to crop heavily.

Last edited:
Actually that's what I did. Medium scans I printed at 10x10. My mistake!

Thanks Carl. I go for the medium scan which seems to be ok for everything I need. I've printed up to 12x12 and they look great.

I decide based on intended print size at 300dpi. For instance, if I want 12x12 prints, I go for the large size (3600x3600px); If I'm printing at 8x8, I would go for small (2400x2400px). If you're just viewing on the web, I'm not sure if there's much point for anything other than small unless you plan to crop heavily.

Cheers guys, I've gone for the medium this time but I think I'll just go for the small next time. Couldn't decide whether to pay for express processing; There was a battle in my head between the Carl that wants the photos back quickly and the Carl that doesn't want to pay loads. The cheapskate Carl won so I guess I'll just wait two weeks :D

Off to the post office in a bit to post it off, hopefully they'll accept it as a large letter and don't make me pay for a parcel :LOL:

Off to the post office in a bit to post it off, hopefully they'll accept it as a large letter and don't make me pay for a parcel :LOL:

Nope! I watched her try and get it through the slot for "large letter", but it was about 2mm too thick as I thought. £3.30 for a parcel and my film's on its way :D

Nope! I watched her try and get it through the slot for "large letter", but it was about 2mm too thick as I thought. £3.30 for a parcel and my film's on its way :D

I've literally just sent three rolls and always get it as a large letter. The trick is to put the form next to the rolls in the envelope. The spools just got through with a wiggle. 3 rolls, 97p.

I've literally just sent three rolls and always get it as a large letter. The trick is to put the form next to the rolls in the envelope. The spools just got through with a wiggle. 3 rolls, 97p.

Depends on your PO. Theoretically they should fit through the inverted gauge using only gravity some counter staff will let it go with a little wiggle. Having said that I think the PO gauge is built slightly smaller than the one in sorting office because I've also sent marginal stuff no problem.

A little experiment.

I'm fed up with the quality of images posted from flickr so I want to see if it's worth putting a version in my TP album and posting from there.

This is from flickr
img905 by simon ess, on Flickr

This from my TP album

EPSON scanner image
by simon ess on Talk Photography

Is it worth trying the same experiment from Photobucket (which I use and which is also free)?

BTW at that size, I'm not really seeing the problem with the Flickr ones, but the TP one does look slightly nicer. I could never quite get my head round the TP uploading rules though (combination of pixel number and file size, IIRC).

Back