Show us yer film shots then!

Really like these!

Thanks.......I'm still trying to work out why they are so "pretty", maybe it's a combo of the film, Asda and Minolta zoom lens 35-70mm (the one made in co-operation with Leica and of course Leica sold theirs at a higher price.) :shrug:

Was pleased with this snapshot of my daughter. Canon EOS 1V HS Kodak Portra developed and scanned by Peak imaging.

CNV00030.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

More shots of Pickeridge farm...I was reading up about it and apparently was used for offices by a company but they left in 2004, since then travellers have broken in and ripped out anything useful, vagrants have been sleeping there and Vandals set alight the barn and other buildings......but the good news is:- it's going to be restored to become a nursing home.

Last edited:
Olympus Trip 35mm|Kodak ultramax 400|

Canon EOS 5|Kodak Kodacolor 200
Was given this camera by a colleague at work.

Love these Keith, especially the Trip shot.

Rob - Excellent, I am starting to like how Portra looks.

Dean - Lovely, that Yash seems to be working rather well in your expert hands.

Andy

Last edited:
More lovely work from our Hong Kong correspondent.

Andy

Shot a couple of rolls of Velvia walking around the old town in Macau last weekend, really looking forward to getting them back, such a colourful place!

Waterloo Station this week:

9510273098_416271e3a2_c.jpg

I like that Chris, nice and crisp and lovely tones.

Andy

Shot a couple of rolls of Velvia walking around the old town in Macau last weekend, really looking forward to getting them back, such a colourful place!

Cant wait to see those.(y)

Newlands Corner at Guildford. A popular beauty spot.

Trevor, that is a beautiful shot, lovely middle ground and sky and the little touch of class is the light reflected from the hat brim, just wonderful.

That is a lovely shot Trev.

Andy

Richard, Andy. Thanks very much. Gotta confess I nearly posted the shot I took without the walker.

I thought I'd post this one from the roll that was in my Nikon FE when it died, as there won't be any more from this camera. The 50mm E series lens will live on though, attached to the gifted F301 that it came with originally.

Southport Bridge by gwladys.street, on Flickr

A chap in work has become interested in using his old film camera (after I nagged him for a while) and he brought it in for me to test. It is a Minolta 7000 AF with a Sigma 28-200mm lens, I popped in a roll of Kodak Gold 200 and ran around the garden and house shooting wildly then dropped them off at Brian's favourite shop for devving. They really need to get the chems changed.....
Still, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the images.

Washing by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Tracks by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Still-life3 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Bridge-Inn by andysnapper1, on Flickr

All the above have had a bit of dust spotting and a crop but nowt else.

These have had a little bit of work.....

Still-life2-b&w by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Still-life3-VDB by andysnapper1, on Flickr

I've given him a couple of rolls of film, a Kentmere 400 and a trusty Agfa Vista and he's going to run them through the camera next weekend.

Cheers

Andy

Here are a couple from a Max Spielmann disposable camera, only slightly Gimped. They are from my scans of the negatives, not the MS CD.

Liverpool Steps by gwladys.street, on Flickr

This next one is a 50% crop of the whole frame

Liverpool Town Hall Phone Box by gwladys.street, on Flickr

I was quite surprised at the sharpness, considering it's a plastic lens. (The pincushion distortion is very pronounced if anyone's thinking of using one.)

Few snaps from recent rolls. Still waiting on the velvia!

Causeway Bay, HK - Efiniti UXI Super 200

Coloane, Macau - Fuji Pro 160

Tai Hang, HK - Efiniti UXI Super 200

Macau - Efiniti UXI Super 200

Really like the results from the efiniti film

mid_gen that last portrait is lovely and the family(?) group above it is also a good capture.

I rattled off a roll of APX-100 yesterday just to get a feel for it, first impressions much nicer than Kentmere and not a lot more expensive. I'd left my OM lenses in the office, despite having 3 OM bodies I've still only two (decent) lenses, so I figured I'd give the Zenit another outing. Whilst its nice it doesn't need batteries I'd forgoten how little of the frame the VF shows...

Overgrown by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

2013-08-Apx100-Zenith011 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

And the shot I'd aimed to get for this months competition but never got the chance...

Long Shadows by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

All shot with my zenit-e on APX-100 souped in Rodinal 1+50 for 13 minutes.

Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm f1.4, Velvia 50.

Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm f1.4 velvia 50

I just cannot believe that this simple camera and film can produce this.

Back