Show us yer film shots then!

Because flare!

For the folk who never venture outside of F&C into the business section, I have decided that all future wedding booking will be shot on film and I will now be marketing as such. Wish me luck. :)

Cracking shot, nice bit of flare too. Good luck with the film only work it's probably a good differentiator.

Because flare!

For the folk who never venture outside of F&C into the business section, I have decided that all future wedding booking will be shot on film and I will now be marketing as such. Wish me luck. :)

H'mm why not both digi and film which gives the customer a choice...... and would assume more business.

Cracking shot, nice bit of flare too. Good luck with the film only work it's probably a good differentiator.

Thank you, Steven.

H'mm why not both digi and film which gives the customer a choice...... and would assume more business.

Because film is what I want to pursue. For me it's not all about the most business possible by whatever means, but the right business and customers for me, doing something I love.

Sounds like a great combination, clients wanting what you can provide and you giving them a service and product you enjoy providing. Good luck in your venture.

Because film is what I want to pursue. For me it's not all about the most business possible by whatever means, but the right business and customers for me, doing something I love.

Great stuff! After all, as they say - if you're doing something you love, you'll never have to go to work :)

Me and my friend took a trip up to Ilkley moor on a wonderfully foggy and windy day. There were a few breaks in the weather here and there, but it was overall a miserable day! I've still got some colour snaps to come out, but as I was processing a bunch of B&W, I threw in the one B&W Xpan roll from this day which I think managed to encapsulate the stuggle of being a photographer trying to make the most of the British autumn.

Ilkley by Jamtea573, on Flickr

Xpan w/45mm, Arista Premium 400, Ilfosol 3. Scanned on Epson V850 Pro.

Hasselblad X pan 45mm lens in pano with Portra 160VC. My first photograph with the camera.Click on photo and enlarge to see full image.

Me and my friend took a trip up to Ilkley moor on a wonderfully foggy and windy day. There were a few breaks in the weather here and there, but it was overall a miserable day! I've still got some colour snaps to come out, but as I was processing a bunch of B&W, I threw in the one B&W Xpan roll from this day which I think managed to encapsulate the stuggle of being a photographer trying to make the most of the British autumn.

This is awesome!

That is rock n' roll.

This is a stunning shot, needs to be printed big and hung on the wall.

NO: 2 Hasselblad X pan 45mm lens in pano with Portra 160VC. Click on photo and enlarge to see full image.

NO:3 Hasselblad X pan 45mm lens in pano with Portra 160VC. Click on photo and enlarge to see full image. Last one of Architecture set from Alexandra Palace.

As I have been on jury service in Chester I thought I would take a camera to shoot around the city at lunch. I decided to take a Voigtlander Baby Bessa (I believe this one is from 1938) and shoot a roll of Fomapan 100. Here's one from the roll, the vignette by the way is natural although my minimal processing does seem to have brought it out a bit more than on the original scan.

Wooden-Door by Andy, on Flickr

Landscape/water-scape. Hasselblad X PAN 45mm lens and Portra 160VC.Click and enlarge for full image.

Last edited:
Finally got a scanner.... (though it seems odd after ditching digital lol). These are Tri-x pushed to 1600 in D-76.
Struggling with my Enlarger at the moment but getting there S l o w l y.
The one of the elderly lady (my grandmother) had some kinks in the neg :( Though after a little reading, I think I'm having problems as the Paterson reels weren't dry.

2015-10-23-0002.jpg
2015-10-23-0006.jpg
2015-10-23-0022.jpg

I like those Bruce, both portraits are excellent.

Another one on large format, Kodak Ektar 100 through an MPP Mk vii. I'm not convinced about the colours in this being correct so if anyone has any thoughts I'd be grateful, I find being colour-blind something of a problem sometimes....:banghead:

Gerbera by Andy, on Flickr

Thanks Andy! Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere since dumping digital. I was honestly getting to the point of giving up and getting another XT1 lol. Then the dev went wrong with kinks in the negs... fortunately the scanner revealed some good qualities and made me check over the old Zenith enlarger. Now the prints are starting too look OK too :) Looooooong way to go yet, but I'm getting a few shots I'm actually happy with.

Another one on large format, Kodak Ektar 100 through an MPP Mk vii. I'm not convinced about the colours in this being correct so if anyone has any thoughts I'd be grateful, I find being colour-blind something of a problem sometimes....:banghead:

Gerbera by Andy, on Flickr

Right or not the colour look good. Personally I think it needs a fraction more dof I'm finding the oof centre of the flower a little distracting.

Back