Show us yer film shots then!

Ha ha ! Those tones look good in B&W ---

Cracking shots, lovely colours, proving once again that Vista gets a bad rap as a "test film".

If you go to Poundland, you can get it for a quid a roll and bypass the resellers on eBay. You can even get it from Poundland's website for £4 delivery.

Thanks :) Was quite enjoyable ;) I think I paid about £6:something for three so that was fine by me.

****Vista gets a bad rap as a "test film".***

Well it's not because it's crap IMO but if you are testing a camera it's best to use the cheapest film available.

I will say, I'm not as experienced as most of you lot on film, but I was quite impressed with the quality [aside from mis-focus issues :D ] & colours from the Agfa. I shot Ektar on the Yashica FX-3 but I prefer the images from the Agfa with the Av-1.... All a matter of taste I suppose :)

A couple of my eldest cat Marcus who now at "retirement age", enjoys a life of luxury in the country away from the horrors of ill treatment and refuges

1. "Did you never read the Box Brownie intructions ...Sun behind you / Over your shoulder...Not directly into it!!"

Marcus Into the sun.jpg

2. "For crying out loud I'm trying to chill in MY garden and enjoy the view yet all the time you're there sneaking up with that darned toy of yours!!"

Marcus Enjoying the view.jpg

Last edited:
I like that Carl, an enormous amount of detail, pin sharp and lots of nice tones.

Thanks Andy :) LF can be a pain in the ass when it goes wrong, but when it all goes well the results are worth the faffing about I think.

I have just developed 5 sheets of b&w... it would have been six but just to compound my stupidity of the weekend I then proceeded to empty 2 sheets of film I thought I had munged up only to find that it was actually 2 that I hadn't. :banghead: Always check your record book, always check your record book.

But @steveo_mcg , the 14 minute reciprocity boy, I actually have detail on the 2 1/2 minute exposure. Not sure how good it will be when scanned but there is defo an image to be grabbed. :D

Yeah but think about how much detail you'd have had with a 14 minute exposure though...I can only take the P because I forgot about reciprocity with my pinhole so am expecting some lovely slightly blurry black waterfall images..

I have just developed 5 sheets of b&w... it would have been six but just to compound my stupidity of the weekend I then proceeded to empty 2 sheets of film I thought I had munged up only to find that it was actually 2 that I hadn't. :banghead: Always check your record book, always check your record book.

But @steveo_mcg , the 14 minute reciprocity boy, I actually have detail on the 2 1/2 minute exposure. Not sure how good it will be when scanned but there is defo an image to be grabbed. :D

I'm just telling you what Foma told me! ;)

You need to write on the film holder when you muck up so you know what one to do or just process everything you're sure you've exposed duffed or not.

My first photo from the Peaks, which weirdly is actually the last one I took.

The inside of the High Peaks Junction workshop. Had to hurry a bit as the bloke wanted to close it up and I was the last one in there :LOL:

Nagaoka 4x5 --- 90mm f/8 Super Angulon --- Expired Delta 100 --- HC-110 (B)

High Peaks Junction
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Liking that Carl lush tones, looks like a fun place with a camera, shame I missed it.

I'm just telling you what Foma told me! ;)

You need to write on the film holder when you muck up so you know what one to do or just process everything you're sure you've exposed duffed or not.

Oh, I know what I should do.... Just keep forgetting to remind my brain.

On the 5x4 forum there's a reciprocity table for Fomapan 100. You could just print it off and stick it at the back of your notebook, then you can't really go wrong :) It only goes up to 100 secs but it also gives you the formula Te = tm[(logtm )2 + 5(logtm )+ 2], so you could extend the table pretty easily

On the 5x4 forum there's a reciprocity table for Fomapan 100. You could just print it off and stick it at the back of your notebook, then you can't really go wrong :) It only goes up to 100 secs but it also gives you the formula Te = tm[(logtm )2 + 5(logtm )+ 2], so you could extend the table pretty easily

No thanks. I'll just carry on doing it wrong if you don't mind, that is way to complicated (I don't mean the formula, I mean sticking things in books. :D)

Meet at the peak
Well I used flash to light up the right hand side to balance the LH side....but waterfalls are difficult to get an interesting shot and the best I can do without a bit more practice. :rolleyes:
Asda, Tamron SP 35-80 and expired gold 200 asa

Last edited:
aa032-jpg.74700

Love this!

It's literally been 30 years since I last shot on Medium Format... I've been so excited about getting these negatives and scans back from Cambrian Photography! :)

The images were shot on a Hasselblad 500CM with a Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8 CF
Fuji Neopan ISO160 and Ilford FP4+ ISO125

1. Aberystwyth RNLI Crew Photo

2. Jack Lowe - The Lifeboat Station Project

3. Aberystwyth - Tan-y-bwlch... My favourite spot!

4. Dyfi Furnace Waterfall

5. Aberdyfi

6. Furnace Water Mill

Like all of these Si but the first 2 are excellent. Am I right in thinking that young Jack is Arthur Lowe's grandson?

Si, those are all splendid. I particularly like the waterfall.

Like all of these Si but the first 2 are excellent. Am I right in thinking that young Jack is Arthur Lowe's grandson?

Hi Andy. Thanks for the comments. Young Jack certainly is Arthur Lowe's grandson. He's doing a fantastic job with his lifeboat station project and I'm really glad to have been able to see it in action. :)

Back