Show us yer film shots then!

I NEED to try this. These look amazing!

Yep, its something I have wanted to do for a good while. There is something very special about lf portraits, especially when shot like the second one with that sliver thin dof. Lovely shot.

Andy

I have had a first go at portraits with a large format camera. Not perfect but it is a start. Linhof master technika 4x5, Schneider 210 f5.6 wide open, Ilford HP5 processed in Ilfotec HC 1:31:
img304 by biotecbob, on Flickr

img305 by biotecbob, on Flickr

Loving the first Rob. But the 'experiment' looks a bit weird.

It's literally been 30 years since I last shot on Medium Format... I've been so excited about getting these negatives and scans back from Cambrian Photography! :)

The images were shot on a Hasselblad 500CM with a Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8 CF
Fuji Neopan ISO160 and Ilford FP4+ ISO125

1. Aberystwyth RNLI Crew Photo

2. Jack Lowe - The Lifeboat Station Project

3. Aberystwyth - Tan-y-bwlch... My favourite spot!

4. Dyfi Furnace Waterfall

5. Aberdyfi

6. Furnace Water Mill

Great stuff. The portrait is superb. Better buy plenty more film Si

I've just stand developed my roll of JCH Streetpan along with 2 rolls of HP5 and the results are.....

yep, pretty much blank :mad: I'm more upset about the fact that one of the rolls of HP5 was shot by Chloe and I've got to tell her in the morning that I stuffed it up. I developed all 3 rolls in one tank with 1000ml of developer but I think the issue is a combination of old developer and not enough off it. I was using up the last of the container of R09 which felt pretty crunchy at the bottom and reckon I only managed to get around 7ml out of it which is under the 1:100 ratio I was aiming for. I figured I'd just extend the dev time by 15 minutes to account for it but looks like I was way off because I haven't even got any writing on the edge of any of the rolls, gutted. This is the first round of developing I've ever stuffed up so I've either been really lucky before or really stupid for trying to develop 3 rolls with too little R09.

yeah.....thats a bugger, on one hand, its great using a big tank to soup a few rolls all at once, but the potential for complete wipeout doesn't bear thinking about.
I have single 120 tanks, a 3 120 tank and a mahooosive 5 reel 120........I dare not use the 5, a 5 roll catastrophe would just finish me off, you don't always have to be a dunce to fux up a soup session, sometimes sh1t just happens..

Cheers @joxby. What's really peed me off is that I've screwed up 3 rolls by rushing rather than just doing 1 and buying more dev for the other rolls. I've got a single roll tank here as well which would have probably been fine. Sometimes I really hate analogue photography!

Gutted for you Steve , it's always a heart in the mouth moment for me when I pull the film off the spiral, it's been a while since I've had a total f*** up but I remember the feeling only too well.

Thanks Nick. I haven't developed anything for ages, since I sold all my kit on to Moomike but borrowed it back to see my JCH and Chloe's HP5 results so it's even more annoying. Oh well, it's done now. Live and learn I guess.

:eek: Steve.......h'mm you could tell Chloe the camera is old :notworthy: and wasn't working properly and needs repair :shifty: and next time everything will be OK.

:eek: Steve.......h'mm you could tell Chloe the camera is old :notworthy: and wasn't working properly and needs repair :shifty: and next time everything will be OK.
Surely no real need to lie to Chloe, it's just a fact of life, s*** happens! And she will realise at an early age that her dad is a bit of a numpty :D

I've just stand developed my roll of JCH Streetpan along with 2 rolls of HP5 and the results are.....

yep, pretty much blank :mad: I'm more upset about the fact that one of the rolls of HP5 was shot by Chloe and I've got to tell her in the morning that I stuffed it up. I developed all 3 rolls in one tank with 1000ml of developer but I think the issue is a combination of old developer and not enough off it. I was using up the last of the container of R09 which felt pretty crunchy at the bottom and reckon I only managed to get around 7ml out of it which is under the 1:100 ratio I was aiming for. I figured I'd just extend the dev time by 15 minutes to account for it but looks like I was way off because I haven't even got any writing on the edge of any of the rolls, gutted. This is the first round of developing I've ever stuffed up so I've either been really lucky before or really stupid for trying to develop 3 rolls with too little R09.

Oh man thats harsh. I don't think Rodinal is what it once was tbh I binned my older bottle when it started to get rattly.

Thanks for the tips guys...and yes, Chloe already knows I'm a numpty! Who knew it would be so hard telling a 6 year old that her shots of interesting trees on the way to school are lost forever :( I've promised her I'll get some more film for her at the weekend and I'll send them to FilmDev ;0)

yeah.....thats a bugger, on one hand, its great using a big tank to soup a few rolls all at once, but the potential for complete wipeout doesn't bear thinking about.
I have single 120 tanks, a 3 120 tank and a mahooosive 5 reel 120........I dare not use the 5, a 5 roll catastrophe would just finish me off, you don't always have to be a dunce to fux up a soup session, sometimes sh1t just happens..

This is a sharp reminder of how easy it can be to loose a boat load of frames (been there done that!):(

As for Chloe, simply tell her Steve,if her photography bug continues into her developing her own film, she'll most likely have a similar incident at some point and think to herself " yeah dad did this to one of MY films" :D

I have several films, all the same Delta from the Peaks meet and the IOM visit.
I was going to dev in multiples as against individually, however I'm now a little indecisive especially as they are holiday shots that I really don't want to stuff up ( although given my tog skills, they probably already are with exposure, composure and focusing :D)

I was going to dev in multiples as against individually, however I'm now a little indecisive especially as they are holiday shots that I really don't want to stuff up ( although given my tog skills, they probably already are with exposure, composure and focusing :D)

I can't wait to see how the one from High Peaks Junction comes out, when @ChrisR was timing for you.

"Chris, this is a long eight seconds", "eight?? I thought you said eighty!" :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I can't wait to see how the one from High Peaks Junction comes out, when @ChrisR was timing for you.

"Chris, this is a long eight seconds", "eight?? I thought you said eighty!" :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
It'll be whiter than the white background of my TP browser page:confused:...............Perhaps if I'd spoken in French, @ChrisR would have understood better and got the timing right....Alors Chris, HUIT SECONDES s'il te plait:p:D:D

This is a sharp reminder of how easy it can be to loose a boat load of frames (been there done that!):(

As for Chloe, simply tell her Steve,if her photography bug continues into her developing her own film, she'll most likely have a similar incident at some point and think to herself " yeah dad did this to one of MY films" :D

I have several films, all the same Delta from the Peaks meet and the IOM visit.

And also bearing in mind that some of those shots were taken by me on your Leica and so will therefore be priceless and my gift to humanity. Take care my friend, the fate of the World is in your hands. :runaway::D

And also bearing in mind that some of those shots were taken by me on your Leica and so will therefore be priceless and my gift to humanity. Take care my friend, the fate of the World is in your hands. :runaway::D

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that, so you've placed an "obstacle" in my developing plans :bat:......................Fomapan, it has completely different deving times to Delta.:banghead:

I'm beginning to question my own sanity as to how I could possibly allow you to load such a cheap film into such a high class camera:confused::p.....taking advantage of my exhausted state after "coping" with you lot in Derbyshire:D:D

Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf? Monk House, Rodmell, Sussex

Nikon F2, Nikkor 28mm f2.8, Agfa Vista 200 rated at 100 and incident metered for shadows.

29926413890_eafa4a80a8_b.jpg

30107033252_17790017a7_b.jpg

Good result Adrian for Vista as I can't see much grain\artifacts\pixels (or whatever causes the problem in scanning) in the sky or shadows....did you scan yourself or who did it?

Reactions: Jao
One of the shots I took while using up the last 8 frames in an old Canon Z135 compact my dad gave me recently. The first 14 frames were shots my dad took at an airshow around the turn of the century sometime, some of which I've already posted here. The film is Dixons branded 200 ASA that expired in June 2004.

FILM - An autumn morning mist
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I took some digital shots of this same scene too, which can be seen in this thread. As with the digital shots, I've edited out some electricity pylons that were behind the treeline, apart from that and a slight bit of straightening, this is direct from the scan.

Last edited:
Another from me (got a couple of rolls of negs back this morning, so there may be more to come).

Olympus 35 RC and Poundland Agfa Vista Plus 200 film. Processed at Peak Imaging and scanned at home. Cropped slightly for composition.

FILM - Things left on windowsills
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Good result Adrian for Vista as I can't see much grain\artifacts\pixels (or whatever causes the problem in scanning) in the sky or shadows....did you scan yourself or who did it?

Thanks Brian. I am a Vista fan and have of late been using it rated at 100 ASA and using an incident meter (whatever the camera I have in hand) and religious metering for shadows in the subject. Over exposing it seems to yield a nice dense neg, without too much grain. The dev and scan was done by Filmdev (at @ChrisR suggestion). I have been really pleased with the development, their excellent scanning and their lightning fast turn around. I use them for all my colour work bar my 220 C41 and E6. They do bring the best out in Vista in my view, offer TIFF as an option and at my request don't sharpen the scans.

A couple from Tallinn with the Rolleicord Vb. The first is Delta 400 @ EI200, the second Tri-X @ EI800, both processed in HC110.

30189591711_c6eb01250f_c.jpg

29644465304_e1fff533ca_c.jpg

Two great photos of subjects that suit b&w well. I love Tallinn, out of the places I've visited (which admittedly isn't that many), it's my favourite by far

Two great photos of subjects that suit b&w well. I love Tallinn, out of the places I've visited (which admittedly isn't that many), it's my favourite by far

What! Better than Milford? Never.

Back