Show us yer film shots then!

Anyone see the Petapixel post about scratching a Helios lens... made me cringe, not sure the results were that special anyway!

I quite like the idea of the flare filter though not enough to ruin even a Helios, though tbh the Helios is common and tend to out live the donor zenit's any way so I'm not overly sorry to see it knackered.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like both of those.

A few from Tallinn earlier this year. Kodak 250D (home dev in C41), Minolta 28mm lens, Pakon scans. They really need to be dropped into Photoshop to fix the purple shadows and cyan highlights, but I can't honestly be bothered :) I just did a 10 second fiddle with them in Lightroom.

30276232233_ddc028acd8_b.jpg

30824271161_bf70a006c9_b.jpg

30824270301_fd0b83a6e8_b.jpg

Indeed John and didn't think you were on the bread line forced to go to a booty :D
Handy link there http://www.fixationuk.com/ and wonder if they have the equipment to set up the elements correctly on my de-centred booty 19mm
Not on the bread line but I was definitely forced to go.
Dunno about fixation or lehmans, it went to nikon in the end, cost £90 or so for the rear element and cla..:)

Not on the bread line but I was definitely forced to go.
Dunno about fixation or lehmans, it went to nikon in the end, cost £90 or so for the rear element and cla..:)

Was that the lens that came back the same as before you sent it and it was £90 down the drain and (n) for Nikon?

Was that the lens that came back the same as before you sent it and it was £90 down the drain and (n) for Nikon?
No, its perfect, you must be thinking about the Canon A1 with the cough, those are the only things I've ever sent for repair I think.

A few more from the Olympus Trip. They were all a bit under exposed.

img399 by Simon, on Flickr

img398 by Simon, on Flickr

img394 by Simon, on Flickr

img384 by Simon, on Flickr

Are you having a "Brick" period or what?:D

Perhaps if you keep taking the pills it will pass by New Year:p

oh yeah, not a bad set of shots ( as usual :rolleyes::D)

I wanna know your scanning methods cos I've had shots from a trip and other cameras that you've posted images from and my results never come up to your standards even when my negs are pin sharp so it's gotta be a pp secret that you have...........come on spill the beans:)

Lies, there is no way you got a child to hold still long enough for a LF portrait! I've been trying for years now!! :D

They are great though, lovely portraits.
Probably the only time you'd use fastest shutter speed available which is what, 1/500 second......blimey I can't get kids sharp with 1/4000 on 35mm.:confused::D
I reckon @Robclarke bribed 'em with candy:p

Ha. It is certainly a challenge and there were a few out of focus ones. This was done using window light only though. So shutter speeds were 1/15 or 1/30 secs.

Ha. It is certainly a challenge and there were a few out of focus ones. This was done using window light only though. So shutter speeds were 1/15 or 1/30 secs.
Boring tech question, what aperture did you use to get enough dof for the wee buggers moving?

Boring tech question, what aperture did you use to get enough dof for the wee buggers moving?

Wide open at f5.6 for the daughter and f8 for the son. I don't think I have quite nailed it 100% but close enough. 210 mm lens.

Last edited:
Wide open at f5.6 for the daughter and f8 for the son. I don't think I have quite nailed it 100% but close enough. 210 mm lens.

At 1/15 ish speeds I'd be delighted with the results

(y)

Back