SKY Replacement

That depends on where you live. I think I'd need a 1m dish or bigger.

But it's a crazy price anyway. Which is why the OP wants to get away from Sky. At least 5 times what I'm paying!

Ah I see. My Sky is stupid money, and if Virgin was in my area I'd give it a go.

My parents have just got the sky package; they got the recent offer for 60% off (full package cinema & sport, unlimited interest (connect though as they live up north with rubbish service!) and unlimited phone for £52 per month. That is very good value, but I still would be resultctnt to pay that. I have apple tv and mostly use Netflix or BBC.

I've literally just cut the gilded sky cord, and glad i did, was paying £56 for a fairly basic package, and i have now purchased a gen 4 apple tv and switched to now tv, and can't be happier, saving a load of money, still get all the content i need, and found weirdly I'm watching more (useful/educational) programming on youtube, was worried initially, but once you have done it you won't look back, HTH.

Can I ask how you get Amazon Prime for £56 ? I pay £79.00 and have for the last 2 or 3 years.
Yes. Stryvya got it. The cost of Prime varies depending on your location. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Actually I cocked up the conversion. I only pay £41 per month for Prime. (49€)

Anyway, it sounds like Sky costs the earth. If you pardon the expression. And if you don't watch TV all the time, it might not be worth it.

Last edited:
Rather than the firestick, I have one of the fully loaded kodi mini tv boxes (think apple tv size) £42 with remote and keyboard. Can work over your wifi, but also has the option to connect a network cable.

Bought one of them too....dont watch much telly, don't have the time, but it has everything and more......for £40 you can't go wrong.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get an android box.

Personally I would get a raspberry Pi from the PI Hut online store, the media centre bundle which includes KODI preinstalled.

You can get apps which stream live tV, YouTube etc

My experience with the android boxes was pants, the spec of them wasn't good enough and the OS was buggy and sluggish, although this was a few months back.

I suggest you look at UTube to discover the possibilities offered by Kodi.

Just search for ‘Kodi live TV’.

I live outside the UK and have endless TV for free.

Good luck.

Graham.

Back