Daily snorton's 365 project - Calling It A Day I'm Afraid :(

I like your leaf shot - great detail and the water drops look great - your SI is fantastic - how you ran back, got into position and adopted the pose/expression is beyond me! :D

Glad to see that you are feeling better now :)

I like your leaf shot - great detail and the water drops look great - your SI is fantastic - how you ran back, got into position and adopted the pose/expression is beyond me! :D

Glad to see that you are feeling better now :)

Thanks Sam, hehehe it wasn't easy and the last thing I wanted to do yesterday was keep running back and forward for the shot :D.

Day 8, and this year's first appearance for my gorgeous little nephew/godson, Noah.

Mum has him every Tuesday and if I'm off work she will bring him round here for a couple of hours. As my front room is very minimalistic he loves nothing more than kicking balloons and footballs for a couple of hours. Once he's tired himself out doing that, he'll pick up my Tivo remote, give it to me and shout "RA-RA". Time for him to settle down, along with thumb and watch a couple of episodes of Ra-Ra The Noisy Lion.

8362745418_ab01ae26a9_b.jpg

Awwwww what a cutie!!..... Looks ace mono and love the lighting!.. spot on shot!:D:D

So Day 9 has arrived, and today I feel as though I've really hit the proverbial photography brick wall. Long day at work, crappy weather, no time to get out after work today, and lacking real inspiration around the home :bang::bang::shrug::shrug:, hence why today's offering isn't that brilliant.

As xmas telly wasn't that inspiring either, and hasn't improved since the new year, my complete Laurel & Hardy collection has been taking quite a battering recently.

8365630500_b47c0cc16d_b.jpg

Don't hit your head it will hurt....:D

I want to get that box set!.. have been meaning to for ages!...

Its still a great shot and it works... the lighting is great.... (y)

Love your mono conversions, especially that shot of your nephew. It's very cute!

So Day 9 has arrived, and today I feel as though I've really hit the proverbial photography brick wall. Long day at work, crappy weather, no time to get out after work today, and lacking real inspiration around the home :bang::bang::shrug::shrug:, hence why today's offering isn't that brilliant.
I think we're all feeling a bit like that. I like these - simple and say something (enough of a fan to have so many).

Nice mono conversion and I like the lighting.

Thank you

Good choice to do it as a black & white. It seems very fitting.

Cheers for that.

Ditto what he said ...... :)

(y)

Nice image. Today seems a day for brick walls

I just couldn't find any inspiration whatsoever.

Don't hit your head it will hurt....

I want to get that box set!.. have been meaning to for ages!...

Its still a great shot and it works... the lighting is great....

Thank you. I've got some nurofen incase my head hurts hehehe. It's truly a brilliant set, had many times crying laughing at those two.

Love your mono conversions, especially that shot of your nephew. It's very cute!

He's gorgeous isn't he.

I think we're all feeling a bit like that. I like these - simple and say something (enough of a fan to have so many).

Thank you :)

What a great subject your nephew makes and I grew up on L&H I loved it, I might just have to hunt that box set down (y)

Oh, you can guarantee there will be more shots of that little monkey throughout the year. I got that set a couple of years ago from Asda, on offer too for about £20.

Thanks for all your comments so far, all really appreciated. The good thing is next week I'm off work all week :D, got a couple of photo shoots to do and will be getting out and about with the camera as much as possible, despite the snow forecast for next week, so expect to see an improvement in the range of shots :clap:

Anyway, tonight's to come shortly.

Hmmmm i can't see it?.............. :shake: i'll look on Flickr :D

Ok i can see it now......... and i think everyone is going to want some...... very tempting!!.... loving the ice cold water drops :)

Last edited:
So Day 11 and thought I'd try something completely out of my comfort zone, while incorporating another self portrait. Not completely confident using Adobe Photoshop for anything elaborate, and have seen this effect used before. Hmmm, I'm not sure but I'm putting it up here.

8370711951_39891c09f3_b.jpg

The good news is after tomorrow I'm off work for a week, so will be out and about with camera all week, and it will also give me some proper time to go through other 365's on here.

Last edited:
Really liking the selfy Simon! Is that from a recent (still for sale! :p) magazine? Looks right up my street!

Looking forward to seeing the results of your week off :D

toadstool said:
Really liking the selfy Simon! Is that from a recent (still for sale! :p) magazine? Looks right up my street!

Looking forward to seeing the results of your week off :D

Hehehe if it was a proper magazine cover you can bet there would be loads still available for sale ;), wouldn't be threatening any rain forests with my mush on the front :)

woohoo another selfie...like this its an ace idea......

I'm also looking forward to what you come up with while your off!:D

Cg_Girl said:
woohoo another selfie...like this its an ace idea......

I'm also looking forward to what you come up with while your off!:D

Thanks hun :D

Oooo got some good ideas for next week, and hoping this blooming' snow doesn't make an appearance.

Ha ha I thought it was cool you did a self portrait while reading a magazine about portraits. That in itself is a great idea. Then I noticed the cover. Brilliant!

snorton said:
Thanks hun :D

Oooo got some good ideas for next week, and hoping this blooming' snow doesn't make an appearance.

I love snow!!!...But if you have plans then it can be a pain!!

snorton said:
I do love the snow to be honest lol so if it does appear then look out for an avalanche of snowscapes ;)

Haha everyone's 365 will be snow!!.... I'm a child when I see snow falling lol

Simon, is that a real magazine that you've changed the cover for? I was attempting humour in my last post (I don't know why... I'm not funny at all! :LOL:) but it really is something I'd like to read! I like my portraits. I bought my first photography magazine ever for the plane ride on Monday just gone... I liked it a lot. It was hard choosing; there were so many!

toadstool said:
Simon, is that a real magazine that you've changed the cover for? I was attempting humour in my last post (I don't know why... I'm not funny at all! :LOL:) but it really is something I'd like to read! I like my portraits. I bought my first photography magazine ever for the plane ride on Monday just gone... I liked it a lot. It was hard choosing; there were so many!

Yeah it's a real magazine. It's a mag book on portrait work by the people who publish digital camera magazine. It's one of the 3 mags I used to get regular when first starting out :)

Cool idea, a friend of mine did something similar with a mirror, might just have to see if I can pull it off one day :)

Back