Daily snorton's 365 project - Calling It A Day I'm Afraid :(

If you have a spot nearby that gets a bit more light, you can put a stick or branch there to act as a perch. Most birds will land on such a perch before visiting the feeder, so you might be able to set up a better position for your photos (and not have to get the feeder in frame). It's a good shot though, looks like you are able to zoom in nice and close!

A bit noisy as you said - my camera is poor at a high ISO too - fingers crossed for a good lottery win ;)

Well no luck with the lotto so far, but If I win I'll give you a shout hehehe.

Still a sweet shot!.... i want to win the lottery too.. they'll have to do a huge one so we can all share!!:D

Thanks hun

Still a good shot, I never have the patience to get bird shots

I spent a good couple of hours in the freezing cold trying to get that lol.

Bit noisy, but hey, you caught it and it's got a seed in it's beak.

Thank you

If you have a spot nearby that gets a bit more light, you can put a stick or branch there to act as a perch. Most birds will land on such a perch before visiting the feeder, so you might be able to set up a better position for your photos (and not have to get the feeder in frame). It's a good shot though, looks like you are able to zoom in nice and close!

It's definitely a shot I shall re-visit and work on.

Oh thats a nice bit of timing, with meal as such (y) the colours feel a little on the vibrant side but still nice (y)

I wanted to bring out the colours in the bird :)

Simon you have same problems I have with D3000 TOO, but the timing of your shot is awesome

Cheers Vince.

So firstly apologies for not posting yesterday's shot in time. I took the shot but just didn't have the time to run it through editing, then onto Flickr and finally onto here. So tonight it's 2 for the price of 1...yesterday's and today's shot.

With both, due to being busy over last couple of days not much in inspiration as I would like, but at least I took the shots on the days they were intended to be posted.

Day 17, my first attempt as making a Lamb Rogan Josh...and was quite tasty :)

8392489189_9ec6bc9414_b.jpg

Day 18, a fridge of Budweiser 66 bottles, my reward for upgrading a friends pc with the RAM (as featured earlier this week).

8392489947_dfdd6c4c7d_b.jpg

Now tomorrow could be promising!!!! I've found out that it's the last EVER day of filming of Channel 4 series Shameless tomorrow (it's finishing for good after the next series), and chatting to a couple of cast members on twitter tonight I may be able to get down to the set in Wythenshawe tomorrow to get a few pics...here's hoping.

Well, the curry in a hurry looks delicious and who can resist a fridge full of cold beers :D

Hope you manage to pull off tomorrow's shot - sounds very interesting :D

Curry and beer...you know the way to this girl's heart! :love::love: Plus, great photos of them, but next time, don't be so eager to eat and wipe that left side of your plate! :LOL:

Well, the curry in a hurry looks delicious and who can resist a fridge full of cold beers :D

Hope you manage to pull off tomorrow's shot - sounds very interesting :D

Thank you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow too :)

Curry and beer...you know the way to this girl's heart! :love::love: Plus, great photos of them, but next time, don't be so eager to eat and wipe that left side of your plate! :LOL:

Hehehehe I'm slowly mastering all kinds of curries ;). Lol just seen that plate, good job I don't work for Gordon Ramsay, I'd get a right rollocking :D:LOL:

Catching up Simon, too many 365's going on here.
The cheese grater and ram macro are well done and the pregnancy shoot is very well executed, nice work.

Phil

Oh boy, you know by my fridge shot how much I like a fridge full of beer! (Or more accurately, taking a beer out of a fridge full of beer...). Like the rogan josh too, have to say, good job. It actually does look like a rogan josh! Good that it was tasty too :)

2 excellent shots!.... Ice cold beer looks sooo appealing!..
Hope today went well?!!

Catching up Simon, too many 365's going on here.
The cheese grater and ram macro are well done and the pregnancy shoot is very well executed, nice work.

Phil

Thanks Phil. It is definitely difficult trying to keep up with all the 365's.

Oh boy, you know by my fridge shot how much I like a fridge full of beer! (Or more accurately, taking a beer out of a fridge full of beer...). Like the rogan josh too, have to say, good job. It actually does look like a rogan josh! Good that it was tasty too :)

Cheers for that. It's safe to say that certainly now the fridge is looking a lot emptier hehehehe.

2 excellent shots!.... Ice cold beer looks sooo appealing!..
Hope today went well?!!

Thanks hun. Sadly no joy yesterday, certainly no shots worth using, and ended up shooting some winterscapes instead.

The beer is making me thirsty and I don't even drink beer...

It is rather refreshing :D

Beer and curry. I'm in visual heaven!

It's a wonderful combination.

Not down with the curry, cannot stand the stuff, but I do love the 66 I'm a big fan of it (y)

Hehehe your taste buds missing a wonderful sensation with curries ;)

Fab beer shot and the bird/feeder shot is fab too

Thank you.

Curry and a beer, good combination. :)

Cheers

So firstly to yesterday's shot. The day didn't go as I had hoped with the trip to Shameless, so instead went out into the countryside to get some wintry scenes.

Ended up at the top of Werneth Low, overlooking Tameside and Stockport, and saw this bunch of holly growing next to one of the fences at the entrance to the park.

8399272914_1f35b3c1b8_b.jpg

Wow it's Day 20 already.

After a Saturday night out with the lads, beer, pool and a kebab for home, it's time to sober up and check the pockets for leftover change.

8400179466_92a627583b_b.jpg

You had change left from the kebab?? Shoulda gone extra large ;)

That's a nice little macro, nice and bright and clear.

Love the shot of the leftover change!

Nice sharp holly shot :) D'ya see what I did there ;)

And, what is it with men that they cannot pay with change?

Great photo of the change - can't believe you also had a fiver! :D

You had change left from the kebab?? Shoulda gone extra large ;)

That's a nice little macro, nice and bright and clear.

Actually it was kebab and chips...nom nom nom, and quite cheap to as I'm a regular customer hehehehe :D

Love the shot of the leftover change!

Thank you.

Nice sharp holly shot :) D'ya see what I did there ;)

And, what is it with men that they cannot pay with change?

Lol, loved what you did with the holly comment....have you ever tried to count change after copious amounts of lager, it's not easy you know hehehe.

Great photo of the change - can't believe you also had a fiver! :D

I know, could've got another pint with that fiver!!!

(y)Liking that macro shot!

Cheers matey.

So today brought quite a bit of snow....AT LAST!!!!! ;), but being on a late shift at work meant I didn't have much time to get a shot for today, so had to make do with a macro of some snow on a branch in the front garden.

8403802592_efe6c9d97a_b.jpg

A nice update since I last called in, I have to say the change photo is the winner for me I love the detail in coins and on notes (y) I normally end up with a pocket of change after a night out as I forget I got change and break another note each time I go to the bar :bang:

It's snow so I'm going to like it! :LOL:

I like the holly shot too by the way. Can't believe I'm missing so many shots, these 365 shots just seem to escape me constantly!

Damn i've missed a couple!:( my fav has to be the money shot... nice and sharp i :love: it.....

Excellent Dof on the snow too!(y)

sorry i seem to be behind on commenting too, the coin shot is great and i like the leading lines of the holly and gate shot

So today brought quite a bit of snow....AT LAST!!!!! ;), but being on a late shift at work meant I didn't have much time to get a shot for today, so had to make do with a macro of some snow on a branch in the front garden.

8403802592_efe6c9d97a_b.jpg

You call that quite a bit of snow? Where do you live? :naughty::D Nice DOF and I like the muted tones of the BG against this - good one! :)

A nice update since I last called in, I have to say the change photo is the winner for me I love the detail in coins and on notes (y) I normally end up with a pocket of change after a night out as I forget I got change and break another note each time I go to the bar :bang:

Hahaha I'm exactly the same.

Nice bit of DOF on yesterday's - very pretty

Thank you :)

Like the snowy branch, it works well with the fresh snow on top an the old berries under it.

Ta :)

Tried one like this myself... love the DOF

Thanks for that.

It's snow so I'm going to like it! :LOL:

I like the holly shot too by the way. Can't believe I'm missing so many shots, these 365 shots just seem to escape me constantly!

I know the feeing. It's difficult trying to keep up with it.

Damn i've missed a couple!:( my fav has to be the money shot... nice and sharp i :love: it.....

Excellent Dof on the snow too!(y)

Thanks hun

sorry i seem to be behind on commenting too, the coin shot is great and i like the leading lines of the holly and gate shot

Lol don't worry I have tonnes and tonnes of catching up and commenting too.

Two shots to add tonight, to catch up.

Firstly yesterday's, Day 22. Being honest it was shot in a hurry as I didn't have much time to get or think about a shot and I'm not sure about this, but I'm going to put it up anyway.

This is a shot of a canal barge in the local marina that won't be going anywhere for a while yet.

8409366404_46208d8505_b.jpg

Now today's shot, spent a few hours looking after my gorgeous little nephew, who decided today to start acting up when the camera came out.

8408273361_da6622a87e_b.jpg

Yeah loving the barge, and great expression for the portrait. Something's not quite right with the white balance though, I think it's a bit too much magenta.

Back