Social Anxiety

I like that. Very striking and meaningful especially having seen some of the effects anxiety etc can have on people.

"Excellent" portrait style capture Gav, I'd be well happy with a pic' like that.

Excellent ;)

It's interesting to see an image that so reflects the issue. Well done.
It also makes me stop and wonder if I was right to give up my work as a counsellor, or rather not return to it after I'd dealt with my accumulated "stuff" from doing the work. My own personal therapy was a difficult but immensely rewarding journey, and made me a better, more empathic and supportive actor in that field. But I do wonder if Anxiety as a "thing" is as much a sociological issue as psychological - I do feel that it is a reaction to a shared experience of social stress, of identity confusion (not in the gender sense necessarily). However I don't want to derail ort divert your thread @Gav.

I've only just seen this one, brilliantly portrayed Gav.

It's interesting to see an image that so reflects the issue. Well done.
It also makes me stop and wonder if I was right to give up my work as a counsellor, or rather not return to it after I'd dealt with my accumulated "stuff" from doing the work. My own personal therapy was a difficult but immensely rewarding journey, and made me a better, more empathic and supportive actor in that field. But I do wonder if Anxiety as a "thing" is as much a sociological issue as psychological - I do feel that it is a reaction to a shared experience of social stress, of identity confusion (not in the gender sense necessarily). However I don't want to derail ort divert your thread @Gav.
Thank you, Lindsay.
I struggle with a few things, OCD (not refering to being tidy or clean, which is most peoples first thought) is up there with Anxiety and I find they 'work together' to knock me back.
No worries on derail (y) it's a complex stuff.

I think it’s a great shot. You’ve really nailed the focus point and depth of field. I really like the processing too, with what looks like a slight sepia tone.

Love this photo, I'm going to have to try it myself!
Thank you, have fun!
I think it’s a great shot. You’ve really nailed the focus point and depth of field. I really like the processing too, with what looks like a slight sepia tone.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Back