Social Anxiety

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Both Em and myself suffer with Anxiety and I'm trying to use photography to get on with and hopefully get over it, I thought I'd share this, it may not be to anyone's taste but thank you for looking.

Social Anxiety
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

I like that. Very striking and meaningful especially having seen some of the effects anxiety etc can have on people.

"Excellent" portrait style capture Gav, I'd be well happy with a pic' like that.

A very powerful picture representing something i also deal with on a daily basis.

Excellent ;)

It's interesting to see an image that so reflects the issue. Well done.
It also makes me stop and wonder if I was right to give up my work as a counsellor, or rather not return to it after I'd dealt with my accumulated "stuff" from doing the work. My own personal therapy was a difficult but immensely rewarding journey, and made me a better, more empathic and supportive actor in that field. But I do wonder if Anxiety as a "thing" is as much a sociological issue as psychological - I do feel that it is a reaction to a shared experience of social stress, of identity confusion (not in the gender sense necessarily). However I don't want to derail ort divert your thread @Gav.

I've only just seen this one, brilliantly portrayed Gav.

It's interesting to see an image that so reflects the issue. Well done.
It also makes me stop and wonder if I was right to give up my work as a counsellor, or rather not return to it after I'd dealt with my accumulated "stuff" from doing the work. My own personal therapy was a difficult but immensely rewarding journey, and made me a better, more empathic and supportive actor in that field. But I do wonder if Anxiety as a "thing" is as much a sociological issue as psychological - I do feel that it is a reaction to a shared experience of social stress, of identity confusion (not in the gender sense necessarily). However I don't want to derail ort divert your thread @Gav.
Thank you, Lindsay.
I struggle with a few things, OCD (not refering to being tidy or clean, which is most peoples first thought) is up there with Anxiety and I find they 'work together' to knock me back.
No worries on derail (y) it's a complex stuff.

I think it’s a great shot. You’ve really nailed the focus point and depth of field. I really like the processing too, with what looks like a slight sepia tone.

Love this photo, I'm going to have to try it myself!
Thank you, have fun!
I think it’s a great shot. You’ve really nailed the focus point and depth of field. I really like the processing too, with what looks like a slight sepia tone.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Back