TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 21/22

I'm amazed with 69 points(so far) from 4 games. :oops: :$ I think it was lucky the way the games fell for the squad I have. I would only have had 9 players with a chance of getting points, so used my one available free transfers to bring in Wilson.

Could work out with no players having a game next week, so I'll enjoy the luck. ;) :LOL:

I got lucky withmy Free Hit chip this week but, like Redhed, anticipate being down to only a few players next week. The FA are meeting today to discuss a break, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Luck has had a bit more affect than usual, as only five games went ahead. The top 3 weren't as affected as some others, though the points differential has contracted amongst them, with horspath hounds(54) still top, but now only 3 points ahead of Banished to Riyadh(67). Highest scorer of the week, Penfold's Dangermice with 78 points, :clap: stay in 3rd, a little bit closer to Banished to Riyadh, but still 37 points behind.

I move up into 4th place, as I had one of my best weeks with 73 points. The games that went ahead went my way with the players I had in my squad. I had nine that were able to play, and added another with a free transfer. The next game postponements may not all my way. Same for everyone. :rolleyes:

As I move up to 4th, Medway Utd(51) fall a position to 5th, despite having a pretty good week. They are now 10 points behind me.

The average score for the week was 39 points.

Hardest hit by the fixtures was Hazy Dave with 19 points from just 7 point scoring players. Not the best week for Salah as Captain not to score for many.

The next games are supposed to be on Boxing Day, but they are of course subject to change, as I am writing this before the Premier League meeting to discuss their plans for the coming games.

The deadline for making changes is Sun 26th Dec @11:00.

Bon chance everyone.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW18
1640010242136.png

Penfold's Dangermice remain top, and were highest scorer, and so the unlucky team to go Head 2 Head were New Oak Utd who came out the wrong side of 78-58. Banished to Riyadh are still 6 points behind as they beat horspath hounds 67-54. horspath hounds stay in 3rd, but fall 4 points behind.

Woody's Wonders stay in 4th, despite losing their H2H with Amber Army 38-50. They are now 8 points behind horspath hounds on 27 points. I move up to 5th place, 1 point behind, after winning my H2H with Mrs Smith's Boys 73-31.

I take on the leader next week. :oops: :$ :LOL:

TP H2H League Table GW18
1640011748822.png

TP H2H League Results GW18
1640011769871.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW19
1640011787252.png

:banana:Managers in Fantasy Premier League have had to deal with a lot of uncertainty recently, with the unprecedented number of postponed Premier League fixtures affecting their plans.

So, all FPL managers will now receive one extra Free Hit chip from Gameweek 20 to allow significant changes to squads for a single Gameweek without suffering a points hit.

Traditionally, there is one Free Hit chip to play each season, but the number of postponements has meant we have introduced a second to give managers more flexibility when making their all-important squad selections – either in the short-term or in a future Gameweek.

Please note that if you have two Free Hit chips, you will be unable to play them in consecutive Gameweeks. After playing your Free Hit, your squad will return to its previous state for the following Gameweeks.

So, after you have selected the Free Hit chip for Gameweek 20, the “Play” button will remain for you to use again at another point in the season from Gameweek 22.

You don’t have to use your Free Hit over the festive period. You can save it for later in the season, when there are likely to be Double Gameweeks into which the postponed fixtures are scheduled.

The two Free Hits are in addition to the Wildcard chips that can be used twice a season. The first Wildcard is available until Tuesday 28 December 11:00 GMT, the deadline for Gameweek 20.

The second Wildcard will be available after this time and will remain available until the end of the season.

I should have waited, I made a couple changes mid week and 2 players I brought in won't be playing [Liverpool/Wolves] - typical

I should have waited, I made a couple changes mid week and 2 players I brought in won't be playing [Liverpool/Wolves] - typical
That’s good news for me as I am playing you in the H2H and I used my free hit last week. Hard to know how many games will actually go ahead.

That’s good news for me as I am playing you in the H2H and I used my free hit last week. Hard to know how many games will actually go ahead.

I went and made a third transfer to give you more of a booster :D

I seem to like starting at -8 :D but, I have won on some of those weeks ;)

Awwww man! I made a classic n00b mistake - I only just transfered Salah out for Son but forgot to make Son captain, I mean I was never picking Pukki as cap, but that's where it went by default - dang it ... had a chance otherwise

Awwww man! I made a classic n00b mistake - I only just transfered Salah out for Son but forgot to make Son captain, I mean I was never picking Pukki as cap, but that's where it went by default - dang it ... had a chance otherwise
It was close, if Saka was made captain you would have won

It was close, if Saka was made captain you would have won

Yeah no idea how Pukki was made my cap, I definitely didn't choose that, meant to pick Son but by default my V should've gotten it by default, weird - no doubt I messed up somewhere, maybe I moved it temperarilly while making the transfer? either way, GG, it was still close but I'll take the points I got for an iffy week all the same :D

I don't think it would have mattered in this case after checking scores, I lost by 8pts and Banished' have a player to go - he just has to show up to get 1pt at least. I don't think I would've had Saka captain, more likely Son as I just brought him in so would have been a draw right now and then down to St. Max

I've had a very low scoring week, but had the chance to draw or win my H2H with Penfold's Dangermice, as I was losing 18-20 with Callum Wilson to play against Utd. Sadly, as is often the way with Callum Wilson, he gets injured, just before half time. :rolleyes: Hope it is not too serious for him.

So because he didn't get to 70 odd mins, I only get one point for him. Unless they add some weird bonus points, I'll lose a close H2H 19-20, despite such a low scoring week.

Now decisions as to whether to use the Free Hit or not. :thinking:

I may not get a chance to do a write up before tomorrow's games, as the deadline for making changes is Tue 28th Dec @13:30, because there are games at 15:00. :) Don't forget to make any changes. ;)

Yeah this one comes right up quick, don't even sweat it - just let this round go by then do the write up maybe? Nobody is going to frown about that :)

It seems I'd already made one change, Chrimbo alcohol might be blocking that one out! but I've made one more, and I think I'm happy enough - keeping that freebie for a bit longer this time

I've had a very low scoring week, but had the chance to draw or win my H2H with Penfold's Dangermice, as I was losing 18-20 with Callum Wilson to play against Utd. Sadly, as is often the way with Callum Wilson, he gets injured, just before half time. :rolleyes: Hope it is not too serious for him.

So because he didn't get to 70 odd mins, I only get one point for him. Unless they add some weird bonus points, I'll lose a close H2H 19-20, despite such a low scoring week.

Now decisions as to whether to use the Free Hit or not. :thinking:
I thought I was going to lose this week going into the Newcastle match, so I'm quite happy with the draw. :)

I thought I was going to lose this week going into the Newcastle match, so I'm quite happy with the draw. :)
I'm very happy with the draw considering the low score, especially after thinking I had lost it when I went to bed last night. :)

It looked last night that they were not going to make Martinelli my Captain after Vardy (my chosen Captain) didn't play. And it still says Vardy was my Captain, though they have doubled Martinelli's points as if he was Captain, :thinking: and that's what got me the draw. :)

Halfway through the season and we have a change at the top of the league, as Banished to Riyadh(62) :clap:turn a 3 point deficit into a 23 point lead ahead of horspath hounds(36).

Despite a low scoring week, Penfold's Dangermice(22) had enough of a buffer to those below to stay in 3rd. There are new 4th and 5th's as Medway Utd(53) and New Oak Utd(52) push me(22) from 4th>6th. There are only 5 points between the three of us though. ;)

Highest scorer of the week was The Walking Dead with 75 points. :clap: That enabled them to move up 2 positions into 12th.

The average points score for the week was 36.

As mentioned above, the deadline for making changes is Tue 28th Dec @13:30. So not long after I post this.;)

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW19
1640694014357.png

Last edited:
Penfolds Dangermice are still top of the Head 2 Head league, despite a low scoring draw with me 22-22. Their lead has been cut to 4 points as Banished to Riyadh won their H2H with New Oak Utd 62-44. horspath hounds are now 7 points behind in 3rd after losing their H2H with Woody's Wonders 36-62. Woody's Wonders stay in 4th, but are now just 5 points behind horspath hounds.

With my draw I fall from 5th>6th, replaced by tarric tots who won a close H2H with Amber Army 25-23. Tarric tots an I go H2H next. :)

TP H2H League Table GW19
1640694849702.png

TP H2H League Results GW19

1640694869677.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW20
1640694889011.png

So I bring in Mahrez, the highest scoring MF over the past 3 rounds, make him captain ... and he's a no show :rolleyes: shouldn't be so bad though as captaincy should fall now to Son who at least got 6pts. My bench is a total blank this round so no auto sub

Last edited:
So I bring in Mahrez, the highest scoring MF over the past 3 rounds, make him captain ... and he's a no show :rolleyes: shouldn't be so bad though as captaincy should fall now to Son who at least got 6pts. My bench is a total blank this round so no auto sub
I thought Puki was your captain of choice

I thought Puki was your captain of choice

Not a chance, I almost always go for a strong MF

Looks like I'm going to get destroyed this round in the H2H because of sub outs, my opp has a keeper with 15pts on the bench to come in .... ffs :ROFLMAO: we're drawing atm but I can't top that, got 6 to come in for Son but he's even got more on bench to come .... dammit

Last edited:
After gameweek 20 we have no change in the top 8 positions. :oops: :$ So Banished to Riyadh(39) remain top, and extend their lead ahead of horspath hounds(28). Penfold's Dangermice(45) stay 3rd, but get a little closer to the top 2.

Medway Utd(49) in 4th are a little bit closer, as are New Oak Utd(47) in 5th, but remain 39 points behind Penfod's Danermice. I'm in 6th, but lose ground on those above me after a poor week with 32 points. :(

Highest scorer of the week was Amber Army with 65 points. :clap:

The average score for the week was 39 points.

This 'gameweek' runs from Jan 1st until the 11th, with some teams playing more than once, although you may not know that from the way the players are presented when picking your players, so be careful. ;) Be aware also of some players leaving for the African Cup of Nations from the 3rd Jan I think for most players.

Leicester v Norwich has already been postponed, as has Southampton v Newcastle. :rolleyes:

The deadline for making changes is Sat 1st Jan @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW20
1640977695733.png

In the Head 2 Head league, Penfold's Dangermice increased their lead at the top to 7 points after winning their H2H with Woody's Wonders 45-41. 2nd placed Banished to Riyadh lost their H2H with Amber Army 39-65. 3rd placed horspath hounds were not able to take advantage of the loss above, as they were beaten by Mrs Smith's Boys 32-28, and stay 7 points behind Banished to Riyadh.

tarric tots move into 4th after beating me 58-32, and are just 4 points behind horspath hounds. Woody's Wonders and Mrs Smith's Boys are just a point behind in 5th and 6th. I fall down to 7th. :(

TP H2H League Table GW20
1640980723422.png

TP H2H League Results GW20

1640980752006.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW21
1640980770699.png

Happy New Year everyone. :)

I have gone all experimental for this gameweek. :thinking: Used the Free Hit to almost totally change my squad. :oops: :$ Salah is out, (which means he'll probably score :rolleyes:;)) because he is leaving for the Africa Cup of Nations after the next game, and so to get Kane in, and take advantage of the multiple games for some teams this 'week', I decided to change now. If this week turns out well, I think I will use the Wildcard to make the changes permanent next gameweek.

If it doesn't work well, I will at least have 2 free transfers next week to change Salah for the time he is away. ;)

Forgot all about it so same team as last week for me. My lead will probably disappear
Thanks for the updates @redhed17

I used the new wildcard as my team was getting messy. Fresh start and all that. Probably a big mistake.

Made a couple of boo-boos ... used the wild card but didn't consider changing captain to one of the players with 2 games this round - also bought Benrahma and now I see he's out for international duty next round [not sure if next game this round?] ... but hey, at least he got an assist this game, though will have to transfer him back out - Having Son as captain wasn't the worst, but Antonio would've been the optimal choice I think as he has another game and scored one this game already

Shouldn't complain though, I'm 3pts off top score as things stand and that was some nutter who had Sanchez as captain! [CS, goal + bonus pts for a defender] even stranger is that player's overall score is only 127pts :/ ?

Last edited:
Halfway through the season and we have a change at the top of the league, as Banished to Riyadh(62) :clap:turn a 3 point deficit into a 23 point lead ahead of horspath hounds(36).

Despite a low scoring week, Penfold's Dangermice(22) had enough of a buffer to those below to stay in 3rd. There are new 4th and 5th's as Medway Utd(53) and New Oak Utd(52) push me(22) from 4th>6th. There are only 5 points between the three of us though. ;)

Highest scorer of the week was The Walking Dead with 75 points. :clap: That enabled them to move up 2 positions into 12th.

The average points score for the week was 36.

As mentioned above, the deadline for making changes is Tue 28th Dec @13:30. So not long after I post this.;)

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW19
View attachment 339173

well i have not given up, went to son for xmas/boxing day. Took tablet with me, try as i did could not log on to fantasy, so could do nothing for team selection, gutted, but keep trying!

Horpath hounds by the way!!

You seem to be doing just fine (y)

This round has been so dragged out, I didn't realise it would go on till wednesday this week. I've used the free hit for next round because I have a bunch of injuries and/or Int duty players next round. Trouble is, when my team resets the round after I will probably have to make similar changes but at a cost.

My team and Mr's Smith's are pretty much neck and neck in the H2H, only 2pts in it! We both have Antonio, they have Gordon for Leicester where I have 2 WH midfielders in Bowen and Benrahma - Hopefully they both play and Gordon doesn't have as good a game as he had last game [scored 2 in a loss gaining 14pts]

Last edited:
So this 'gameweek' is finally over. :oops: :$ ;) :LOL:

The top three positions remain the same, though the difference between some teams have changed a lot. Banished to Riyadh(48) lose a couple of points to horspath hounds(53) who are now 33 points behind. Penfold's Dangermice(84) had a very good week, equal top scorer :clap: with me, :banana: and are now just 6 points behind horspath hounds.

New Oak Utd(78) also had a very good week, and move up a position to 4th. I move up a place into 5th, and last week's 4th, Medway United(37), fall to 6th.

The average points score for the week was 46.

There are some teams having double games this week, so changes may be advised if you didn't know. ;)

The next gameweek starts on Friday with the (usually) high emotion Brighton v Palace game. They don't like each other. ;) :LOL:

The deadline for making changes is Fri 14th Jan @18:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW21
1642113027792.png

In the Head 2 Head league, leader Penfold's Dangermice won their H2H with horspath hounds 80-49. Banished to Riyadh stay 7 points behind in 2nd place as they beat Woody's Wonders 48-25.

horspath hounds stay in 3rd, now 10 points behind 2nd place after their aforementioned loss, and are now just 1 point ahead of tarric tots who won their H2H with Hazy Dave. 50-46.

I beat WHITS VILLANS 84-49 in what was looking a close H2H until Jarrod Bowen, who I had as my Captain, did his thing in his 2nd game in particular, and gave me 42 points alone for this gamesweek. :) This moves me up two places to 5th. I'm now on to equal points with Woody's Wonders who lost, and Mrs Smith's Boys who also lost their H2H with New Oak Utd 78-62, but ahead of both on accumulated total game points.

The top two, Penfold's Dangermice and Banished to Riyadh, go Head 2 Head next week. ;)

TP H2H League Table GW21
1642114748541.png

TP H2H League Results GW21
1642114767417.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW22
1642114786482.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the write-up, Redhed. We had the same result with Bowen, which was just as well considering that I was going into the last match in my H2H 16 points behind Horspath Hounds. Having Coufal as a defender didn't hurt either, :)

After using the Free Hit option to totally change my squad, and thankfully that turned out very well, netting me 84 points, :oops: :$:banana: I still need to make a lot of changes. I made 10 changes, and similar problems remain with regards to filling the Salah hole in my squad, plus a few injuries. So I have used my final Wildcard to totally change my squad again for this week. Fingers crossed it will be close to as successful as last week.

I now have Chel$ki and Cit€h defenders, which could cancel each other out if one team bags a lot of goals compared to the other, or a high scoring draw could see a lot of minus points. :oops: :$ A 0-0 result may be best for me. ;) Though I think there will be goals. It's going to be an interesting week. ;)

Free hit for me this week, a bunch of necessary changes made. Going to double check now as some I brought in ended up going yellow the past few days

Back