Techno-Geek's Daily Photo Diary (Mood = Very Good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 8

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE

Cleaned my desk today with Oust 3 in 1 and thought i would document it :LOL: it doesn't look it, but it is CLEAN :D

Tony (y)

Last edited:
Day 9 -

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE

Back in a creative mind today (y)

Tony​

Last edited:
Well done TG. the only bad comment i got, is you deleted a few of the earlier photos making the comments not tally up, sorta got a bit confusing when they mention the 2nd shot and you cant see it. Hope you can keep the shots going on a regular basis(y)

Thanks Duckydoodle and fletch (y)

fletch - Once people had commented on the pictures, pointing out the one's that they didn't like i removed it from the post seeing that it would just make the thread look more messy (y)

Tony

Day 10

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
I am going to have to go and do this again tomorrow or something because i am not best pleased with the results, maybe it was because i was breathing heavily and couldn't hold the camera still

Tony (y)

Last edited:
I agree with the comments regarding the first day 7 shot - very nice. One thing I can't get my head around though - you keep posting shots and saying you don;t like them, they're out of focus, etc. If you think at a shot and it doesn't meet your own personal standard for posting, then why post them up? You clearly realise that they are - even in your eyes - of a lower quality than others you've postedm so either go a day without posting a shot, or go out and re-shoot if that's possible for you. Remember, quality ahead of quantity! ;)

I like no 1 of day 9 too - my sort of shot this one. Remember when framing though to check around the subject for anything that you don't want included - in that shot you could possibly have re-framed to exclude the aerials.

I understand what you are saying Witch, It's normally too late for me to go back out and try it again so sorry about that.

It was something i see when driving back from the shop and thought it would come out good but it never,I put up the images images i have taken that day regardless to what i think they look like, because i want to be able to see people's comments on them and see if they can see the same things i do which is wrong with the photo. Then i can go out another time and correct this (y)

Tony (y)

Day 11

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
Went round to the animals in the field today to see if i could get any close-up shots, but they was too fare away for the length of my camera to reach them :LOL:

Tony​

Last edited:
Jimmy_Lemmon & Marcel

I've got to hand it to you guys, I have got to Day 11 and struggling for ideas already. Maybe i need to get out of Snettisham more

I do have a portrait of myself in mind, which will hopefully look good (y)

TG - keep going - Days 9 & 10 are good (11 less so). I admire people who can do this for a whole year and part of the challenge is to post the crap too, if that's all you've got for any particular day. The interesting part of the exercise is to see how you improve over the year - and I'm sure you will. Some of your recent stuff is better than the first few shots you posted up here. So, there's an improvement already.

And I have to disagree with Witch about missing days. If the idea is take at least 1 pic a day, then you have to do that and post it. Which is why I'm not doing this 365 thing - at least at the moment. You'd end up looking at 365 photos of my dog.

Thanks MV

I think the main thing letting me down is the focus length of my camera lens, it is actually doing my nut in. Like them sheep in that field, if i could just get abit of zoom on them they would be alright. The camera is up to, just the lens isn't

I think the main thing letting me down is the focus length of my camera lens, it is actually doing my nut in. Like them sheep in that field, if i could just get abit of zoom on them they would be alright. The camera is up to, just the lens isn't

No - don't think like that* Use what you've got more creatively. That's why the phone box pic works and the sheep don't. What you need to work on is your eye - try and see a photo closer up - recognise what the tools in your hand can do, not what they can't

* we all want bigger / wider / sharper / softer lenses - its only natural - go for it if funds allow. But more gear is not the holy grail - its about what you see

Assuming you're still using the Fuji that's in your profile, then its a camera that can produce excellent results - maybe have a look on flickr to see what others do with it - here: http://www.flickr.com/cameras/fujifilm/finepix_s6000fd/

I agree that i need to work on my stuff which is closer not so much on the field(s)

Right this is going to make you laugh, I thought that my camera was only like a 3.6Megapixals up until today when i looked on it and it had in big silver letters "6.3 MEGA PIXELS" :LOL: :LOL:

I can't wait to get out there tomorrow and get some more photos, got a really really good capture in mind. You'll just have to wait and see :D

Oneofmybest-1.jpg

Really like this one! Wondering if some of the other shots are a little oversaturated ie the dog pic?

Totally agree with mobilevirgin. Its the photographer that makes the picture not the camera. For example I've seen some horrendous photos people have paid good money for from some people with top of the range gear and I've seen some utterly amazing photos from people with cheapo cameras, take the Holga, ok so its style is not to everyones taste but it is essentially a cheap and nasty plastic toy camera but some people produce images with it that leave me in awe!

I totally see where you are coming from with all the images you've posted, you can see you've put a lot of thought into them and your passion is evident. I shall be keeping an eye on your thread for developments and new pictures for sure!

I see what your saying about the dog pictures, as i said. They are not technically good photographs but i like them because they are of my dogs

I may be getting a Nikon D80, sorry all you canon people :LOL:

Day 12

IMAGE LINK BROKE
Took this today, that clone out actully looks really bad. Didn't notice it untill i had uploaded it :(

View of the path going back towards home​

Last edited:
I think all this practice has done you a lot of good
I feel that some still miss the mark but on the whole you are definitely improving
keep it up (y)

Thank you very much Chris (y)

I am still editing and mucking about with the picture i just posted so keep an eye on it :LOL:

Day 12

Took this today, that clone out actully looks really bad. Didn't notice it untill i had uploaded it :(

It doesn't actually look that bad to me :shrug:
though its a bit big (its 1024 tall) watch out for the pixlel police ;)

Day 13

IMAGE LINK BROKE
This is my mutley again, looking out the window in to the garden

TL~P​

Last edited:
I like the dog looking through the window shot a lot. Well framed and you can read what he/she's thinking.

To go back on your previous pics. I like the engine, pp is interesting. Makes me stop and look when I scroll through. Also like the red phone box alot. A bit of a cliche'd shot but taken very well.

A good thread to watch progress. Well done. (y)

Day 14

IMAGE LINK BROKE

Today is just a picture of me sitting on my laptop, this is actully really hard to set-up hehe

On MSN as usual :)

Last edited:
Your working well Tony
Love the DOF in the piano keys (y) I Also prefer it over the "grainy" weight bench

Day 16
IMAGE LINK BROKE
Took this flower today, am sure i have a better one somewhere..

Last edited:
Day 17
IMAGE LINK BROKE

Got some new features to add to my bench today, The bar and the silver weights is what i got today (already had the other one's which are on the bar) I have done about 4 sets of 10 reps with the new weights and it is already showing it's worth

Not technically a good photo, probs not even intresting but it is something i got anywho

Tony (y)

Last edited:
Should have found this sooner.

Goodluck with this Tony, I wish I had the time to do this, scratch that I wish I had the motivation to do this. :D

It'll be interesting to watch this thread, I can already see improvements in your photography. Not that I'm an expert you understand;).

Thanks Mark

Hopefully things will get even better when i get my hands on a D80 (y)

Just looking for the money now :D

I can already see improvements in your photography. Not that I'm an expert you understand;).

Exactly what I was thinking, stick at it TG (y)

Yeah, how very dare you use this thread as a "confuse tony" thread :nono: :LOL: :LOL:

I joke, i joke :D

Day 18
IMAGE LINK BROKE

A start to a new me

I have started working out and eating what i should be. Everything cooked right, i make sure of that.

No more cakes for mrs Mr Kipling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back