The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

We got some time with our Grandson yesterday, poor little thing was in hospital last weekend, glad to see he's getting back to his normal self.

Shot on a T3, with the 35mm f1.4, at 1600 ISO in natural light (and he was playing in the darkest corner of the room!!)

Blakey by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

We got some time with our Grandson yesterday, poor little thing was in hospital last weekend, glad to see he's getting back to his normal self.

Shot on a T3, with the 35mm f1.4, at 1600 ISO in natural light (and he was playing in the darkest corner of the room!!)

So sorry to hear of the hospital stay for him Steve, glad he is now on the mend plus those eyes are beautiful.

Too time consuming (especially with GFX files), better to cull/select in LR first, then do a batch process froma LR selection. (IMO)
Just to check, doing it this way means you can still play around with the different film presets after passing it through dxo? All the stuff I've seen implies the answer is yes, but no one just simply says it!

Just to check, doing it this way means you can still play around with the different film presets after passing it through dxo? All the stuff I've seen implies the answer is yes, but no one just simply says it!

Yes, just bring them all into LR, cull what you don't want/need, then select the ones you want to batch process.

Edit: The images of my Grandson, I shot 87 on Sunday, I have 12 left in LR, 4 of which I processed.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for a travel lens to take to New Zealand? My X-T20 currently has 16-50 and 27mm at the moment. Thinking could do with a wider option for the vast outdoors will be seeing on the North Island?

The iPhone has triple lens but won't do the location justice and will rather use that for video as it's got to a point where it better than my RX100 V but will pack that also as a backup and evenings out.
I have the first generation 10-24mm and love it for landscapes. Its on my camera for 95% of the time as I love wide angle landscape photos. Its also been to New Zealand with me. PM me if you want any tips on cool photo locations.

I use a Samyang 12mm F2 for wide angle astro stuff, but have also taken this on general landscape trips if I want to save weight. its tiny. Optically is good, but probably not quite as good as the 10-24. Manual Focus only.

There are a few photos I took the other day on the 10-24 in the landscape photo page.

Last edited:
X100Vs are very thin on the ground at the moment
The words 'Hen's teeth' springs to mind.
I have been looking for a while to 'replace' my X100F.
I saw a used X100F on sale for £450 yesterday on ebay, the X100V was an additional £1200 more! The new price from the Fuji shop is £1399.

I can only think that the X100V is due for replacement and/or the X100V fabrication line is being used for another model.

I saw a used X100F on sale for £450 yesterday on ebay, the X100V was an additional £1200 more! The new price from the Fuji shop is £1399.

I can only think that the X100V is due for replacement and/or the X100V fabrication line is being used for another model.

It's not that, Fuji simply cannot keep up with demand for the X100V, to the point where they have stopped taking orders to make more so they can catch up with the backlog. They literally cannot make enough of them. TikTok is apparently a big factor in this with several influencers on there saying the X100 series take photos "that look like film". It seems Gen Z like this so demand for all the X100 series is through the roof.

Last edited:

I didn’t realise they were that thin on the ground or such a premium in the UK, I’ve seen overseas buyers suffering but less so in the UK.

Maybe time to move mine on. :ROFLMAO:

The next incarnation of the X100 can’t be far away if Fuji keep to their regular schedule. I wonder what the next iteration will bring.

Either…

40mp sensor

I don’t think this will happen purely due to the lens on it wont be able resolve it, or at least make it worthwhile.

IBIS

If they could fit it in, I doubt they could as the X100 is tiny…but never say never.

Latest AF and processing

This is a given.

Nice to have dual card, GPS, 1/8000 mechanical.
I wonder if the new lens for the X100v, was in preparation for the 40MP sensor in the next model. Other than the new sensor, I can't see what Fuji would add to it.

Does the X-Pro or the X100 usually come first in the Fuji product lifecycle?

I didn’t realise they were that thin on the ground or such a premium in the UK, I’ve seen overseas buyers suffering but less so in the UK.

Maybe time to move mine on. :ROFLMAO:
Shall I give you my address?;)

The XT5 and 33mm are tempting.

How does the XT5 compare to the XH2 for autofocus etc?
Go for it.
The XH2 is identical to XT5 wrt IQ and AF speed.
You might find the handling of the XH2 closer to the Z9 but the XT5 is more F3 like but digital.

I wonder if the new lens for the X100v, was in preparation for the 40MP sensor in the next model. Other than the new sensor, I can't see what Fuji would add to it.

I don't know. Unless you're a fan of an autofocus that can lock on to a Blackbird's anus, I'm not really seeing a great deal to recommend 40MP.

Well I would love a zoom lens option like the X30 had. The combination of the 26MP sensor and a zoom lens would be irrestible!

Well I would love a zoom lens option like the X30 had. The combination of the 26MP sensor and a zoom lens would be irrestible!

I would pay silly amounts for an updated X30. I loved that little thing.

Honestly I wouldn't need much of an upgrade either. I'd be fine with a 12-16mp sensor in such a compact package.

Do it Fuji! Just make it a bit quicker, slap some new film sims on it and rake in the cash!

I don't know. Unless you're a fan of an autofocus that can lock on to a Blackbird's anus, I'm not really seeing a great deal to recommend 40MP.
I am, but have no need for 40MP, I would prefer the even better X-H2s autofocus, in an X-T5 body.
I like the 23mm focal length on the X100v, but that was the main lens I used before buying it anyway. So I would hope that a zoom version would be an addition to the range, rather than a replacement.
I would pay silly amounts for an updated X30. I loved that little thing.

Honestly I wouldn't need much of an upgrade either. I'd be fine with a 12-16mp sensor in such a compact package.

Do it Fuji! Just make it a bit quicker, slap some new film sims on it and rake in the cash!
I wonder if a replacement for the X70 is in the works - give the tiktokers the compact camera with film simulations that they love, but without the expensive OVF.

I haven't been using my X100F as I seem to have got into using my A7 with manual lenses again but I used it yesterday and again today as I have a lot of documents to photograph and turn into pdf's. Set to f2.8 and photographing documents close up it's done well :D

No April summit ...

Hmm cheers. Maybe I stick with the X-T3 for a few more months. I was hoping to get an XH2S before May, but full price is a bit steep.
Could go with a refurb from Fuji, still get a 1year warranty and it's £500 off the price of a 'new' XH2s.

Back