The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I placed my order from CameraMarket on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived on the Monday. So if you're lucky it could be Saturday

I've ordered one anyway, won't be able to use it in Cornwall though, I head down tomorrow and have family joining me Saturday. i've also ordered a none timer one from ebay that should arrive Friday that they can then bring down with them all being well. Going to essential if I'm going to join the sheep doing Gull Rock from Trebarwith strand!

Enjoy Trebarwith Strand and try the Port William for lunch! Worth nipping along to Tintagel just before you head home to pick up a few of the pasties from Pengenna Pasties down near the top of the castle track. They freeze very well and more importantly reheat very well once defrosted.

IIRC, a coaxial Canon wired release plugs into the microphone port of the X-T1 and will allow long (B) exposures.

Another long exposure place down that way is St Nectan's Glen and falls, between Tintagel and Boscastle. Slippery steps down from the café at the top but worth the effort IMO.

Just wondered if anyone had received their new Eyecup yet? Had an email saying dispatched on Tuesday, but nothing here as of today (Thursday)

Would have thought it should be a pretty quick service, £2.99 postage for a bit of rubber that weighs next to nothing

I'm still having problems getting my cash-back redeemed. Regarding my initial claim I heard from Fuji customer services who told me that in order to qualify "the deal was for the X-T1 kit 'plus' an extra XF lens to claim on the cashback" but they have notified the team who will honour the claim anyway. I have studied the terms and conditions and it clearly states that if you buy the kit (only) you will qualify for the £100 c/back so it seems strange to me.

I'm also waiting for another £200 c/b for two more lenses I bought....:(

Perhaps Fujifilm have run out of money? :eek:

Just wondered if anyone had received their new Eyecup yet? Had an email saying dispatched on Tuesday, but nothing here as of today (Thursday)

Would have thought it should be a pretty quick service, £2.99 postage for a bit of rubber that weighs next to nothing

Same here, I expected it to be here today at the latest. Thought they would use RM 1st Class Recorded after the cost of postage paid, for a little bit of rubber. If it's not here tomorrow I will be firing an email off.

I'm still having problems getting my cash-back redeemed. Regarding my initial claim I heard from Fuji customer services who told me that in order to qualify "the deal was for the X-T1 kit 'plus' an extra XF lens to claim on the cashback" but they have notified the team who will honour the claim anyway. I have studied the terms and conditions and it clearly states that if you buy the kit (only) you will qualify for the £100 c/back so it seems strange to me.

I'm

I'm in the same position. Have I got this right? They've said they'll give you the £100 and you bought the xt1 and kit lens combo?

I'm in the same position. Have I got this right? They've said they'll give you the £100 and you bought the xt1 and kit lens combo?

Hi Bruce, That's what they said. I sent a copy of their email when I re-submitted my claim. I've copied their email reply to me when I initially complained to Fuji cust service. Here it is in full:

Dear Tim,

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK,

The deal was for the X-T1 kit 'plus' an extra XF lens to claim on the cashback. This being said however, the original wording may have been a little confusing and so my colleagues have notified the cashback team of your details to honour the claim. The number: 0845 338 9005 is correct and will get you through to the relevant team if you wish to speak with them.

Warmest regards

Still no Eyecup and the posties been and gone for today so phone call was made to Fuji

Apparently it has been sent by standard TNT service which has a target time of five working days. So been advised if not received by next Tuesday to give them another call.

Still no Eyecup and the posties been and gone for today so phone call was made to Fuji

Apparently it has been sent by standard TNT service which has a target time of five working days. So been advised if not received by next Tuesday to give them another call.

I have been waiting for the postie, he's always late now! Seems strange to send such a small and light object by courier, I suppose they can't be bothered to use RM. When I last bought off them a couple of months ago (XT1 Refurb) it was sent by CityLink and previous purchases have been. Perhaps their now using TNT for all deliveries and delivery time is based on value??

Last edited:
Could have popped it in an envelope and sent it RM for less than a quid.
Guess they have their reasons, but makes no sense to me

Ordered mine from them on Tuesday so I guess it will be next Tuesday when it arrives.
Allan

I'm still waiting for the email saying it's in stock. Meanwhile my XT1 just gave me a heart attack: Editing an image in LR and I saw this white line, it would not go away and I began fearing my sensor was kaput. Fortunately, after reloading the image it's no longer there! Another glitch in LR5, like the fact that the Navigator is displaying completely the wrong image!

View attachment 23478

In other news, I think one or both of my Bulb remotes/timers have arrived at home.

By the way, 16-50 = Great lens despite the truly horrid build:

View attachment 23479

Even after the forum uploader's had a go at killing it, it's still perfectly good

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too mate. I ordered it as soon as I got the email saying they were available.
Could have popped it in an envelope and sent it RM for less than a quid.
Guess they have their reasons, but makes no sense to me
Ordered mine from them on Tuesday so I guess it will be next Tuesday when it arrives.
Allan

I sent Fuji an email yesterday morning asking where eye cup was, they replied late afternoon and said, "its been sent by RM 1st Class and should be with you by now and if they had stock they would send another one". I went back and quoted Rich's conversation with them, they came back and apologised and that it was in fact coming by TNT and contact them Monday if no show.

Guess what turns up this morning by Royal Mail, yes the eye cup, hope the rest of you have received yours.

Last edited:
Clear as mud then, thanks for the update Simon and pleased you received yours

I think Fuji need to sort their customer service out, no good making great gear if the back up/sales is poor. Only got to witness their cashback schemes to see how amateurish it all is and in particular the 18-135mm lens discount offer

!!edit!! Eyecup just arrived via RM, no idea what all the TNT business was about

Last edited:
Clear as mud then, thanks for the update Simon and pleased you received yours

I think Fuji need to sort their customer service out, no good making great gear if the back up/sales is poor. Only got to witness their cashback schemes to see how amateurish it all is and in particular the 18-135mm lens discount offer

!!edit!! Eyecup just arrived via RM, no idea what all the TNT business was about

It is strange the way they claimed to have sent it. Send to TNT who then send to Royal Mail, why not cut out the middle man and send Royal Mail themselves?

It may sound petty ( for the eye cup cost) but with couriers like TNT you have got to wait in for them allday, which I did yesterday and would have too on Monday & Tuesday next week, If there communication had been correct.

Anyway it's here now.

My email, and reply from them. Pi** up and brewery spring to mind.

Hi,

Please could you advise when the eye cup is due to arrive. Due to the
weight and small item I was expecting the eyecup to come via Royal Mail 1st
Class Recorded and be here by now, especially for the postage price charged
for such a small and light item. Have you just sent in a small jiffy bag
using the mentioned service???

I look forward to your reply

Regards
Simon

Good Afternoon,

Apologies for the delay, the order should be there by now, we hope that it
hasn't got lost in the post, please advise us if it has not arrived by
Monday.

We would dispatch a replacement to you today but we have no more stock at
the moment.

The order would have gone 1st class in a jiffy bag but not recorded.

Kind regards
The Fujifilm UK Shop
http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk

Hi,

After communicating with another purchaser on a Fuji forum. He stated that
he phoned up today to enquire where his eye cup is, and he was informed "
the eye cup has been sent by TNT on a five day service" please could you
confirm which postal service is being used.

Regards
Simon

Hi,

Apologies, yes this would have gone via TNT, not 1st class post.

Kind regards
The Fujifilm UK Shop
http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk

Last edited:
Have to say that my dealings with Fuji have all gone very smoothly. I received my free 60mm (part of the X-Pro1 + 18mm deal) and cashback (buy 2 lenses to qualify) remarkably quickly and with no chasing. Similarly, I got the e-mail with the 18-135 procedure as soon as the lenses had been sent out to UK dealers. I've also had to deal with their warranty department whose turnaround was quicker than I could have hoped for (under a week from registering the fault to having the camera back here.)

I picked up an XT-1 with the 18-135 from a spanish Ebay seller for a bit of a bargain price, so far very impressed, lovely bit of kit.

Quick thought following a weekend in Wales - should the 18-55 on the XT1 produce decent landscapes?

Shot these at F22 and using an ND4 filter and processed in LR5

A:
Elan Valley 2 by Spooky 173, on Flickr

B:
Elan Valley 1 by Spooky 173, on Flickr

C:
Elan Valley 3 by Spooky 173, on Flickr

They seem a little soft to me. My 56mm produces beautifully sharp images but the kit lens falls a little short and am getting a touch frustrated. Am I doing something daft?

Am now thinking about the 10-24 or the 14mm prime; are primes generally better than the zooms?

Any thoughts would be fabulous

Cheers

Spooks

Presumably is was off if you were using a tripod?

Maybe hoping for too much at f/22, what's it like at f/11?

Never used mine at above f/16, also have the 14mm and yes it is better, but not by a huge margin

Last edited:
You are using F22 so lens difraction is affecting your shots.

Try something like F11-F16

Schoolboy error? I think this might have something to do with it. I was so obsessed with slowing the shutter down that I completely forgot about diffraction. - doh!

Presumably is was off if you were using a tripod?

Maybe hoping for too much at f/22, what's it like at f/11?

Never used mine at above f/16, also have the 14mm and yes it is better, but not by a huge margin

Still on that learning curve. I will know for next time. Yes I was using a tripod.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Spooks

Morning all !

I've had my X100S for a while now and whilst it is a stunning piece of kit, I do miss the flexibility of a zoom lens (to compress distance etc).

So... I am thinking of moving the X100S on and getting the XT-1 with 18-135 lens, especially as there is 5% off at Wex (until 31/10), and a further £100 from Fuji. I really don't want to start accumulating lenses again, so is the 18-135 all I am likely to want / need, with the exception of a UWA at some point ?

How is it at macro distances ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

Morning all !

I've had my X100S for a while now and whilst it is a stunning piece of kit, I do miss the flexibility of a zoom lens (to compress distance etc).

So... I am thinking of moving the X100S on and getting the XT-1 with 18-135 lens, especially as there is 5% off at Wex (until 31/10), and a further £100 from Fuji. I really don't want to start accumulating lenses again, so is the 18-135 all I am likely to want / need, with the exception of a UWA at some point ?

How is it at macro distances ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

MFD on the 18-135 is 45cm. There's a test in the current issue of Amateur Photographer. Love mine - it makes a great walkabout partner to the X-T1.

MFD on the 18-135 is 45cm. There's a test in the current issue of Amateur Photographer. Love mine - it makes a great walkabout partner to the X-T1.

Thank you - will grab a copy at lunchtime

D.

Just a quick one from this morning. Pretty much SOOC, just a slight contrast boost and a little crop.

Morning-Sky-2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Off to Lille on thursday so I shall have a better opportunity to give the camera a proper workout. So far I am very impressed.

Andy

So, it appears I may be joning you lot soon,

Has anyone got any expereience of the Samyang 12mm f2, I'm considering this as I can't afford the 10-24.

So, it appears I may be joning you lot soon,

Has anyone got any expereience of the Samyang 12mm f2, I'm considering this as I can't afford the 10-24.

I have just got a Samyang 12. The main issue you should be aware of is that it is a fully manual lens with no electrical interface to the camera so any in camera adjustments will not be made. However that aside I find it easy to use with the f stop selection ring being positive and easy to see. Focusing is helped with "peak" focusing but being so wide practically everything is in focus all of the time. Others recommend setting the focus ring to just shy of infinity.

There is a flickr group for the lens showing images. Here is a quick one of mine [not the best] hand held with a slow shutter speed.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/pNKTVo]Cenarth Falls by philip bailey, on Flickr[/URL]

Back