The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Have fun Andy, it's nice having new toys.:D

Its here and I'm loving it already. A beautifully engineered and designed piece of machinery.
Might have time later to take it out for a trial run.

Andy

Enjoy it Andy, They're one terrific bit of kit.:)

George.

I wouldn't go with a refurb because of the light leak and mushy d pad. Just not worth it unless you're prepared to send it back and wait for a refund etc.

A non-issue, Fuji correct this during the refurb process. The clue is in the title 'refurb' ;)

A non-issue, Fuji correct this during the refurb process. The clue is in the title 'refurb' ;)

Are you sure? Supposedly they also fixed the orb issue. AFAIK orb sensors were still going out at the time. And so were sticky blade X100 models. ;) But you must work there?

They did fix the orb issue on my X10 ! There was a light leak on the X-T1 but no orb issue.

When did I say anything about a warranty claim/repair?

No really!? I was referring to past models, you're so sure they update refurb cameras with new parts, I think theres a chance you are wrong, as the past models have shown!

When did I say anything about a warranty claim/repair?

No really!? I was referring to past models, you're so sure they update refurb cameras with new parts, I think theres a chance you are wrong, as the past models have shown!

I didn't mention the warranty repair either ! I was talking refurb purchases from Fuji

The X10 is a past model and they did indeed update the new sensor to remedy the Orb issue. I'm talking from experience I own an X10 refurb and have the corresponding Fuji paperwork to say the sensor has been replaced. Yep I'm sure about that one.

I didn't mention the warranty repair either ! I was talking refurb purchases from Fuji

The X10 is a past model and they did indeed update the new sensor to remedy the Orb issue. I'm talking from experience I own an X10 refurb and have the corresponding Fuji paperwork to say the sensor has been replaced. Yep I'm sure about that one.

So when you received your X10 from the refurb store the orb sensor was already replaced? Ive experienced and read of others not having the same experience but having to return them to have the work done… I also received a DOA X100 and know of others with the same experience.

Last edited:
So when you received your X10 from the refurb store the orb sensor was already replaced? Ive experienced and read of others not having the same experience but having to return them to have the work done… I also received a DOA X100 and know of others with the same experience.

Yes as stated, I can't speak for others but only my own knowledge and experience of my X10 refurb was positive. Incidentally, I have just given mine to my son who has just joined the Royal Navy. Anyway we have got a bit off-topic should really get back to the X-T1 discussions. In my view buying a X-T1 from the Fuji refurb store is s very viable investment and represents good value for money.

No they didn't, well not in the case of mine, I sent it back and bought new from Panamoz. The Dpad was like night and day in my opinion.

I also received a DOA X100 and know of others with the same experience.
Yup, I received a DOA X100 from the refurbished store and the replacement also developed sticky blades. The price saving is great, and the service is OK, but they've let too many issues through in my direct experience for me to wholeheartedly recommend the refurbishment process. I certainly wouldn't buy from them if I needed the camera in a hurry for something important.

No they didn't, well not in the case of mine, I sent it back and bought new from Panamoz. The Dpad was like night and day in my opinion.

Worth clarifying then from Fuji Refurb, if you are buying a refurb X-T1 insist that the pads are changed and that there are no sensor light leaks or buy from elsewhere. Of course wherever you buy from that's worth establishing too. The refurb service may have gone downhill over the last 3 years ago.

Yup, I received a DOA X100 from the refurbished store and the replacement also developed sticky blades. The price saving is great, and the service is OK, but they've let too many issues through in my direct experience for me to wholeheartedly recommend the refurbishment process. I certainly wouldn't buy from them if I needed the camera in a hurry for something important.

Agreed.

Worth clarifying then from Fuji Refurb, if you are buying a refurb X-T1 insist that the pads are changed and that there are no sensor light leaks or buy from elsewhere. Of course wherever you buy from that's worth establishing too. The refurb service may have gone downhill over the last 3 years ago.

Thats what I was pointing out initially. I remember when I asked Fuji if they had replaced their refurb x10 sensors, they said they can't guarantee anything which made me wonder why if they said each camera is checked over and refurbed that they couldn't confirm it. Same again with X100. If each camera is checked and refurbed how do so many people end up with DOA or sticky blades.

????????????????? I sent it back and had a refund and then bought from Panamoz as mentioned above. Are you reading on your phone???

Also, for info, Fuji didn't think the mushy Dpads were faulty and were within there specs and a non issue, thats my understanding from reading on the net, although they did upgrade it.

????????????????? I sent it back and had a refund and then bought from Panamoz as mentioned above. Are you reading on your phone???

Also, for info, Fuji didn't think the mushy Dpads were faulty and were within there specs and a non issue, thats my understanding from reading on the net, although they did upgrade it.

I did read and understand your comment but the above quote is general advice for other people considering the Refurb store, I wasn't replying to you on this occasion. Based on your recent experience the quality of service may have declined since I last used them 2/3 years ago when they were quite efficient.

Incidentally, the first batch of Dpads were very spongy if Fuji state the refurb'd ones are in tolerance and your not happy with the former then I think you've done well to go elsewhere. Always a good deal to be had a Panamoz but a lot of people are reluctant to go grey for a number of reasons.

I did read and understand your comment but the above quote is general advice for other people considering the Refurb store, I wasn't replying to you on this occasion. Based on your recent experience the quality of service may have declined since I last used them 2/3 years ago when they were quite efficient.

Incidentally, the first batch of Dpads were very spongy if Fuji state the refurb'd ones are in tolerance and your not happy with the former then I think you've done well to go elsewhere. Always a good deal to be had a Panamoz but a lot of people are reluctant to go grey for a number of reasons.

I was wondering why you quoted me twice.

At the time (July 2014) the Panamoz camera was approx £130.00 cheaper than the refurb, even when using the 10% discount code (paypal 12). It was non brainer for me making my first HK purchase, when I could have a new camera cheaper than a refurb. Also, it was also about £350 cheaper than buying UK at that time, that bought me a new lens.

Last edited:
I was wondering why you quoted me twice.

Ah right, possibly the iPhone App, it does double post occasionally when on the move and I've changed tedious trains twice since my 1st post. If sending between two phone masts it sends a post from each mast according to a systems engineer I know, still better than none at all !

1. AF Area direct selection – Users can select the focus area with the 4-way controller, without pressing the Fn Key.
  2. Function replacement for the AE-L/AF-L buttons - The currently locked AE-L/AF-L button function will now be interchangeable, depending on the user's preference.
  3. Focus Area size variability during MF – Users will be able to change the focus area in Manual mode during One Push AF with the AF-L button.
  4. Macro Mode direct selection – Users will be able to directly turn ON or OFF the Macro function in Auto Focus mode to expand the distance measurement range to the short-distance range. This will be possible without accessing the pop-up menu screen.
  5. Q Menu customization - The update will render the items and layout of the Q Menu, used for quick access of frequently-used items, changeable to the user's preference.
  6. Video frame rate selection - In addition to the existing 60fps and 30fps selections, 50fps and 25fps, as well as a 24fps selection will become available to users. 50fps and 25fps allow video editing in the PAL region, such as Europe and elsewhere, without converting the frame rate. The 24fps will offer movie-like video capture and play back.
  7. Video manual shooting – Users will be able to select ISO sensitivity prior to shooting videos, as well as adjusting the aperture and shutter speed during video shooting.
  8. Phase Detection AF support for One Push AF - With One Push AF, operated by pressing the AF-L button during manual focusing, the update will enable Phase Detection AF with quicker focusing speeds.
  9. Metering area focus area interlocking - The update will enable users to interlock the AF area position with the metering area when spot metering is selected.
  10. Expansion of the Program Shift setting area - The update will enable the current Program Shift, in which the low-speed side is 1/4 second, to be shifted to a maximum of 4 seconds.

Anyone using LEE filters or can suggest a cheaper alternative?

Would like to do some longer exposures so a big stopper and perhaps a little stopper would be worth while. Could also do with some ND grads.

Any suggestions?

LR & PS Help Please.

I have never really bothered with processing until recently, when I started using the Microsoft software loaded on my computer. I have subscribed to Adobe CC this week and have been playing around with it a little and as expected it superior to the Microsoft software.

Can any of you kindly advise on some tips, presets etc which you use for your JPEGS, I'm not really interested in RAW at the moment as it's too slow loading with the bigger files.

Thanks

I ordered mine from Amazon, mid August. Just had another email from them saying they are still waiting for delivery from manufacturers. Has anybody got one yet?
Allan
I had one on order from Bristol Cameras, it took about 6 weeks for stock to come in but pleased I had the patience to wait instead of cancelling and requesting a refund as it makes such a difference.

I mentioned this on page 49 when the news was breaking, but I think a bit of whoosh crept in with my cryptic message, as no-one seemed to pick it up.;)

Its old news mate but the link showing it in action is new, hence the post.

LR & PS Help Please.

I have never really bothered with processing until recently, when I started using the Microsoft software loaded on my computer. I have subscribed to Adobe CC this week and have been playing around with it a little and as expected it superior to the Microsoft software.

Can any of you kindly advise on some tips, presets etc which you use for your JPEGS, I'm not really interested in RAW at the moment as it's too slow loading with the bigger files.

Thanks
I never bother with raw processing, life's too short and jpegs are so good out of these cameras. I just got LR updated to 5.6 and although I have the book, I found there are a few YouTube videos that cut through all the rubbish and give you some very good quick tips for raw and jpegs.
Do a search and pick the ones you like
Allan

Its old news mate but the link showing it in action is new, hence the post.

I was on about the filters, nevermind, it's probably my sense of humour.

"Will be interesting to see who joins Fuji with the faster shutter speed of the new XT1, there will be no need to carry filters"

"No more ND filters. Bet Alan would be excited.":clap:

I was on about the filters, nevermind, it's probably my sense of humour.

"Will be interesting to see who joins Fuji with the faster shutter speed of the new XT1, there will be no need to carry filters"

"No more ND filters. Bet Alan would be excited.":clap:

Ok

just received an email from Fujishop UK to notify me that the X-T1 eyecup is in stock at their online store. I m not sure how long this will last for but if anyone is interested have a look on their website

Back