The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have just had a go at the wifi connecting. My XT1 is set to RAW only and connecting it to the Fujifilm Camera Remote app on my Nexus 7 2013.

All works fine with the following steps.

1. Activate app
2. Press Wifi button on camera
3. Press 'Remote Control' in the app
3. Both items connect and I can take picture (in JPG only)

I am not sure why its not working for you. Is it the first time you are trying to connect the camera to an Android device?

Right, I've now got the controls showing. Don't know what I've done. I'll leave the jpeg/raw debate until tomorrow.

Yes, it's the first time that I've used this phone camera combination.

Thanks for your help, it seems to be working - at the moment!

Last edited:
Thanks. It's working perfectly this morning. I'm straw clutching but it seems that completely shutting down my mobile phone cleared whatever the glitch was.

BTW, whilst I've been playing I've found out that my Canon E3 remote operates the Fuji. Seems to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Yup, Canon jack plug remotes plug into the headphone (or could be microphone!) socket on the X-T1 and are a hell of a lot cheaper than the official Fuji one.

Thanks. It's working perfectly this morning. I'm straw clutching but it seems that completely shutting down my mobile phone cleared whatever the glitch was.

BTW, whilst I've been playing I've found out that my Canon E3 remote operates the Fuji. Seems to work perfectly.

Lucky you! I tried shutting down my phone and still nothing. It shows as "status: searching", "status: waiting" then "cannot connect". It works every time with my iPad but I'm not always going to be carrying my iPad around with me. Very frustrating.

Lucky you! I tried shutting down my phone and still nothing. It shows as "status: searching", "status: waiting" then "cannot connect". It works every time with my iPad but I'm not always going to be carrying my iPad around with me. Very frustrating.

Finally! Got it to work at last. Turning off Mobile Data did the trick.

Has anyone found an updated Microsoft Codec to enable thumbnails of the RAW files to be viewed in Windows?
At present I'm having to use Faststone Viewer for my initial run through which is PIA.
I've been to the Microsfot site, but can't find anything, but maybe that's my non techy skills showing through!

Just came here to say the same, Only £69.99 too, think I'll get them as I do need to get a little closer than the minimum focus currently allows but don't need to be getting down to 1:1 so not worth buying a macro lens.

Also, my timer remote from JJC kicks ass! Uses the proper fuji remote port so supports AF etc remotely, as well as being an intervalometer and long exposure timer. Can get to grips with my Lee big stopper at last now!

Having eventually obtained the new eye-cup I've treated myself to a new bag, an Ona 'Bowery' and very pleased with it I am too, it's about half the size of my Billiingham Hadley, great quality and perfect for the X-T1 and at least one other lens and wallet, phone etc.

View attachment 25476

I've just found out that I can change the colour of the Focus Peaking highlights. I've chosen red. Is there no end to the versatility of this camera?

This might be of interest, I hope I can explain it properly.....

The RAF files are not apparently recognised by some bits of software. Windows haven't updated their Codec yet. The files can be opened and viewed in Lightroom. If you try and view them in Bridge you just get an icon, although they can be worked on in ACR and Photoshop.

Faststone Image viewer has no problems viewing the images - I wonder why??

I thought about converting the RAF files to DNG for viewing and processing and downloaded the latest Adobe DNG convertor. When I opened this no files were shown, but....if you select the folder that has RAF files that the convertor cannot see and tell it to do the conversion a miraculous thing happens. The files are recognised and converted to DNG. Then you can view them in Windows, Bridge or wherever. Sounds odd, but we are dealing with Adobe!

Hope that's of use to someone - if you can understand me!

Thought I'd pop my head in and say hello:wave:.Bought the Fuji X-T1 the other week and got the Fuji 14mm,35mm and the 56mm all arriving this week.Can't wait to go out and test them all but think I will end up chopping in the 35mm towards the 23mm at some point(unless I end up loving it?).

Thought I'd pop my head in and say hello:wave:.Bought the Fuji X-T1 the other week and got the Fuji 14mm,35mm and the 56mm all arriving this week.Can't wait to go out and test them all but think I will end up chopping in the 35mm towards the 23mm at some point(unless I end up loving it?).

Nice one enjoy. I too chopped in my 35mm for the 23 as I much prefer that focal length.

Bought and returned a 35mm last week, noisy/slow af and expected more having read such great things about it.

Maybe I shouldn't have compared it to my (admittedly more expensive) 14mm, but it didn't do it for me and will stick to the 18-55mm for that focal length.

Would also like to add praise for the often criticized Currys, no quibble whatsoever about the return. Picked up at no cost and refunded quickly with good communications.

Last edited:
I really only added it to take advantage of the Fuji cash back offer as I was already buying the 14mm & 56mm.Will see how I get on with and like I said it can be chopped in for the 23mm if I don't get on with it...door bell just rang and it's here.

Last edited:
Jut upgraded from the Xpro1 to the Fuji X-T1 it should be here tomorrow with 18-135mm lens.........soooooooooooooo cant wait lol

Yeah... that one has me very tempted as well. It looks like a blown up 56 which would be fine with me!

Fwiw, this has just been posted..

Compared to the Nikon, it starts to look handy. :D

Last edited:
I really only added it to take advantage of the Fuji cash back offer as I was already buying the 14mm & 56mm.Will see how I get on with and like I said it can be chopped in for the 23mm if I don't get on with it...door bell just rang and it's here.

I like the 35mm, it's cheap for a start. The AF is a bit noisier but it isn't much slower than the 23mm. Depending on where I am going I'll sometimes just take the 35mm as a single lens. I have to admit that I do like taking the 23mm/56mm combo quite a lot as well!

I do like my 35mm but haven't used the 23mm or 56mm yet,although I'm trying to scrape enough together to get the 56mm and I'm not far away.

just have to wait for the Samyang 12mm and the 50-200.

I like the 35mm, it's cheap for a start. The AF is a bit noisier but it isn't much slower than the 23mm. Depending on where I am going I'll sometimes just take the 35mm as a single lens. I have to admit that I do like taking the 23mm/56mm combo quite a lot as well!

23 and 56 is my wedding combo. The AF on both with the X-T1 isn't stellar, but it's fast enough

Back