The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have the 14, 35 and 56. Also had the 23. I enjoy them all but the 35 is the most I use out of the bunch. It is sharp and fast, a bit noise but I can live with that :)

A lot of people use the 56mm and for good reason. It's sharp, fast and produces good quality results. As an alternative I use the Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8 M not only is it a true macro lens (ratio 1:1) it's a superb focal length for portraits. It's therefore quite a versatile lens. If you're thinking about purchasing either the Fuji 60 ( not a true macro lens) or 56mm then this is worth considering.

I have the 14, 35 and 56. Also had the 23. I enjoy them all but the 35 is the most I use out of the bunch. It is sharp and fast, a bit noise but I can live with that :)
35 gets the most use here as well (have 10-24, 35 and 56) - mostly due to its form factor, if I'm honest. I'll probably get the X100T before I get the 23 just to finally have that "always with me" camera.

I'm really torn with the 50-140... in some shots it looks stupidly bulky, in others it actually looks reasonable!

http://www.bestmirrorlesscamerarevi...e-xf-50-140mm-f2-8-xf-56mm-f1-2-apd-and-more/

On another note... I'm not sure whether to get the 23mm or an X100T... I'm sure this decision has been faced before, there's even an entire website about it: http://www.fujivsfuji.com/x100s-vs-23mm-14/ - what has everyone here gone with in the end? :p

The 140-400mm mock up in this link looks interesting as its only the lack of a longer lens (hopefully with a fast AF tracking speed) thats making me keep my Nikon D7100. If it proves to be good enough then the Nikon will be on its way I think.

Andy

I have a horrible decision to make! My 18-55mm is now fully functional again...so I have both it and the 16-50mm XC lens. Which do I keep?! The XC is optically every bit as good as the XF, it's lighter too. The XF feels 10x nicer though, and doesn't click into place at the long end! Arghhh!!

I have a horrible decision to make! My 18-55mm is now fully functional again...so I have both it and the 16-50mm XC lens. Which do I keep?! The XC is optically every bit as good as the XF, it's lighter too. The XF feels 10x nicer though, and doesn't click into place at the long end! Arghhh!!

Flip a coin

18-55 mm crystal clear to me, what do you think ?

XC is now in the for sale section. Great lens, but I decided I'd rather have the OIS switch and aperture ring. Tough choice.

I find that the XT-1 eats batteries. I'm lucky to get 5 hours out of a fully charged genuine battery. I have a selection of third party batteries and they are worse!

I find that the XT-1 eats batteries. I'm lucky to get 5 hours out of a fully charged genuine battery. I have a selection of third party batteries and they are worse!

Don't ever get a Sony A7, the Fuji batteries last about 3x as longs as those things!

This might be of interest, I hope I can explain it properly.....

The RAF files are not apparently recognised by some bits of software. Windows haven't updated their Codec yet. The files can be opened and viewed in Lightroom. If you try and view them in Bridge you just get an icon, although they can be worked on in ACR and Photoshop.

Faststone Image viewer has no problems viewing the images - I wonder why??

I thought about converting the RAF files to DNG for viewing and processing and downloaded the latest Adobe DNG convertor. When I opened this no files were shown, but....if you select the folder that has RAF files that the convertor cannot see and tell it to do the conversion a miraculous thing happens. The files are recognised and converted to DNG. Then you can view them in Windows, Bridge or wherever. Sounds odd, but we are dealing with Adobe!

Hope that's of use to someone - if you can understand me!

I have never had any problem viewing the raw files in bridge, before and after updating it via the Adobe CC app.

Really? Maybe I have done the wrong update. Have you a link?
Must admit I normally download through Lightroom which presents no problems.

Really? Maybe I have done the wrong update. Have you a link?
Must admit I normally download through Lightroom which presents no problems.

I can't give you a link as it was updated along with LR 5.7 and PS CC via the CC app on my Adobe account.

However I now have a problem with LR since updating as all my thumbnails are now half greyed out :(

Ah, that might explain it. I'm not on CC, and maybe this is an example of Adobe not giving any further updates to non CC users. Wouldn't surprise me, especially as LR has updated, but that remains available as stand alone.

Not had problems with greying out although the initial previews before I press the import button have never ever been sharp enough for initial discarding of the crap!

Ah, that might explain it. I'm not on CC, and maybe this is an example of Adobe not giving any further updates to non CC users. Wouldn't surprise me, especially as LR has updated, but that remains available as stand alone.

Not had problems with greying out although the initial previews before I press the import button have never ever been sharp enough for initial discarding of the crap!

BTW. I don't have a problem viewing the raw files in widows.

As for the greying out on LR I will contact Adobe via live chat who I have found to be very helpful on a few issues since subscribing to CC.

Has anyone bought lenses from different retailers and got the cash back deal?Was filling out the cash back form and noticed all the lenses had to be put on at same time for the maximum cash back offer.Problem is I bought 2 from Very and 1 from Jessops and it will only let me select one retailer on the cash back form.

Hi All,

I've had the Xpro-1 for over a year now and I don't know if I'm just getting ready for a change, but the XP-1's autofocus is just really annoying me now. I also have a D7000 and that pretty much stayed in the bag because I loved the Fuji. I took the Nikon out again the other day and the AF is just soooo much better. I am now almost hating the XP-1 and jst want to get rid.

I have fancied the XT-1 for a while - honestly, is the AF any better or even as good as a DSLR? I'm tempted to go full frame and get an X100 for a 'pocket' camera, but I have a few XF lenses and I do love the Fuji IQ when it gets it right. Can the XT-1 seriously be a contender against a DSLR?

Jim.

Definitely states all lenses have to be bought in the same transaction, reckon you might have to claim separately.

Hi All,

I've had the Xpro-1 for over a year now and I don't know if I'm just getting ready for a change, but the XP-1's autofocus is just really annoying me now. I also have a D7000 and that pretty much stayed in the bag because I loved the Fuji. I took the Nikon out again the other day and the AF is just soooo much better. I am now almost hating the XP-1 and jst want to get rid.

I have fancied the XT-1 for a while - honestly, is the AF any better or even as good as a DSLR? I'm tempted to go full frame and get an X100 for a 'pocket' camera, but I have a few XF lenses and I do love the Fuji IQ when it gets it right. Can the XT-1 seriously be a contender against a DSLR?

Jim.

The X-T1 AF is much better but still not as fast as your D7000 fast enough for street photography, walking etc but not running or sport.

I tried using the XT-1 on the Grizedale Stages Rally the other weekend. Didn't get a single keeper from the panning shots. Mind you I was doing multiple exposures. The one off shots worked perfectly.
Using manual focus didn't seem to make much difference.
Didn't greatly worry me as that was what I expected. But then I didn't buy the camera for that sort of use!

Bummer, should still get four hundred quid though so not all bad

Just rang Fuji UK and they said I should get the full cash-back and they can't see it being a problem...fingers crossed.:woot:

James/Jimbo, the X-T1's AF is way ahead of the X-Pro's but not quite up there with SLRs. I've managed plenty of keepers when panning motorsport. The weird thing is that when in AF-C mode, it seems to be hunting but when the shot is taken, it rarely misses. The blackout is a bit of a PITA but frame slightly loose and crop if necessary.

Myself personally, I thought my XT was on par or very close to my D7000 for AF.

Thanks for the info. I'm still on the fence whether I go full frame or XT-1. Keeping an eye on the classifieds as a reference, people seem to sell their SLR's and go for Fuji's and say how they will never carry an SLR with them ever again as the Fuji's so good, then sell the Fuji's and go back to an SLR! There is no point in having two cameras so I need to decide on what I sell (lens/body wise) and stick with one type.
If I go out somewhere I don't mind carrying an SLR as I always have a daysack etc with me, and with my XP-1 its getting just as heavy with the lenses and handgrips that I have to carry a bag anyway.

Simon, I see you from these forums that you had an XT-1 then sold it and have now gone for a D750. Any particular reason? That was the camera I was thinking of getting but its a lot of money for something that is a hobby!

Back