The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I prefer it, the XT-1 eclipses the X-Pro 1 on specification. It still does come down to choice though do you prefer a rangefinder or SLR type body ?
it does and doesnt. Essentially you have the same lens and same sensor so they are capable of the same image quality. The X-T1 has slightly better focus and a better evf. I dislike the X-T1 interface, i prefer the X pro 1 layout by a fair margin.

it does and doesnt. Essentially you have the same lens and same sensor so they are capable of the same image quality. The X-T1 has slightly better focus and a better evf. I dislike the X-T1 interface, i prefer the X pro 1 layout by a fair margin.

Unlike the X-Pro1, the X-FT1 has the CMOS II sensor and EXR II processor which has been proven to keep moire and false colour to a minimum on the X-E2

The continuous AF at 8 frps (3frps in live view) is pretty good. I have yet to try out the WIFI and Fuji App yet but that should be interesting.

The X-Pro 1 still is an excellent camera but I have just parted company with as I couldn't really justify keeping it as well as my FT. So far I'm really enjoying using it and the results are very good.

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

Last edited:
Unlike the X-Pro1, the X-FT1 has the CMOS II sensor and EXR II processor which has been proven to keep moire and false colour to a minimum on the X-E2

The continuous AF at 8 frps (3frps in live view) is pretty good. I have yet to try out the WIFI and Fuji App yet but that should be interesting.

The X-Pro 1 still is an excellent camera but I have just parted company with as I couldn't really justify keeping it as well as my FT. So far I'm really enjoying using it and the results are very good.

Yes those are some good benefits for sure. I think the outcome under 99% of conditions is indistinguishable though as its basically the same thing. Its how it gets there and for some those upgrades are well worth the difference but I think for most the reality is that it will produce the same final result. But yes I take your point that it is upgraded in various areas.

I would like to have spent more time with both cameras and done some side-by-side comparisons but due to time constraints that wasn't possible before I (reluctantly) sold it. The much heralded X-Pro 2 or designate could be interesting. That said, you could wait for ever for the next model, or the best camera and miss out on the really important issue - taking photographs !

Had another extended play with the X-T1 today and it's not for me. I took in my X100S and an SD card and the only thing I preferred was the AF speed and even that was only when using the quicker lenses.

The dials are nice in theory but I adjust ISO rarely as it's set as part of my 3 custom settings and I found the drive and AE levers too fiddly. The EVF is great but I prefer the hybrid OVF. Factor in that I'd want the 23mm to replace my X100S and it was becoming an expensive upgrade even before I added another lens to really justify moving to an interchangeable setup.

For now I'm going to get the TCL-X100 when it's released (already have the WCL), wait for the X-Pro1 replacement and see if that can tempt me away.

Had another extended play with the X-T1 today and it's not for me. I took in my X100S and an SD card and the only thing I preferred was the AF speed and even that was only when using the quicker lenses.

The dials are nice in theory but I adjust ISO rarely as it's set as part of my 3 custom settings and I found the drive and AE levers too fiddly. The EVF is great but I prefer the hybrid OVF. Factor in that I'd want the 23mm to replace my X100S and it was becoming an expensive upgrade even before I added another lens to really justify moving to an interchangeable setup.

For now I'm going to get the TCL-X100 when it's released (already have the WCL), wait for the X-Pro1 replacement and see if that can tempt me away.

same feeling i had exactly.

Well it seem i have got one on the way to me from Amazon,should be here hopefully next week will report back :)

I have also ordered one from amazon as they are the only place that seems to have them in stock. Mine has been dispatched and I should have it by tomorrow, at least I hope so

Nice one,the grip should be really great for the longer lens 55-200mm :)

The grip is very comfortable to hold especially in the portrait orientation with the 55-200mm. the quality of the grip is just the same as the X-T1 and has a felt-covered base.

Last edited:
RAW processing is now available in Aperture with the latest OS X Mavericks update on Mac. Adobe just need to update CS6 now ! :)

The grip is very comfortable to hold especially in the portrait orientation with the 55-200mm. the quality of the grip is just the same as the X-T1 and has a felt-covered base.

That really good. Mine should be with me on Monday now, can't wait to use it with my 55-200

RAW processing is now available in Aperture with the latest OS X Mavericks update on Mac. Adobe just need to update CS6 now ! :)

I m a pc user so waiting for LR5 to be updated. I m shooting RAW + JPG now and I m very impressed with the sooc files. The best I ve seen on any camera I have used to date and that includes Nikons, Canons and Sonys

Fuji X-T1 with XF 55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS

I'm very impressed with the speed of focusing on the X-T1 and the quality of the 55-200mm. One thing that did catch me off guard, I Inadvertently engaged the macro to 'on' which effected the focusing over distance. Obviously it's designed for macro lenses but had me guessing for a few minutes.

This swan was photographed on the River Foss

Last edited:
Grip arrived today as well, built quality is very nice and feels solid just like the XT1. Makes a huge difference from my point of view when using big lenses such as the 55-200.

What do you use the front command dial for? Is it programmable? I tried using it to review pictures and I keep getting card error warnings. Yet the card is fine when using the rear dial.

Grip arrived today as well, built quality is very nice and feels solid just like the XT1. Makes a huge difference from my point of view when using big lenses such as the 55-200.

Yep really like it,also notice it show up on the screen both battery nice little extra :)

I will check mine later. Do we the range of serial numbers that relate to the affected cameras?

Edit: ok, serial numbers below 41M07801 are affected. Mine is higher but I will check and confirm

Last edited:
I have sent mine back to Fuji my number is circa 41M049??. i have to say Fuji's response to this has been very good

This is the second time I have been through this process with Fuji, the first time was with a batch of X10's. Halo issues were detected on the sensor, they put a brand new one in. the whole turnaround process was about a week.

Last edited:
Fujinon XF 23mm F1.4 R

A couple of recent shots with the 23mm taken around York Minster. The lens is very sharp from edge to edge

Its f/1.4 f-stop captures a lot of light, combined with the high ISO caperbilities of the X-FT1 this is going to be interesting to see what it can do. I hope to post some more images soon.

Last edited:
It's worth getting a hold of a copy of Amateur Photographer (29.03.2014) this weekend. Interesting article on the Fuji X-T1 -V- Nikon Df. both cameras have been fully tested and reported on in previous issues.

The article suggests that the X-T1 has the edge in resolution but there is little real-world difference. Between 100-1600 ISO both cameras match each other in detail. After this the Df "just edges it"

Given that the Df shares the same 16 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor as the D4 this is impressive and supports the images which i am creating and seeing, albeit not in optic laboratory conditions !

It's worth getting a hold of a copy of Amateur Photographer (29.03.2014) this weekend. Interesting article on the Fuji X-T1 -V- Nikon Df. both cameras have been fully tested and reported on in previous issues.

The article suggests that the X-T1 has the edge in resolution but there is little real-world difference. Between 100-1600 ISO both cameras match each other in detail. After this the Df "just edges it"

Given that the Df shares the same 16 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor as the D4 this is impressive and supports the images which i am creating and seeing, albeit not in optic laboratory conditions !

Very interesting read indeed. The image quality out of this cropped sensor is just amazing

Anyone got a glass-screen protector for the x-t1? I m looking for something that would cover the whole glass and not the display only

I tried an x-t1 the other day. Sadly I was unimpressed with the viewfinder. Maybe after continued use I would get used to it but initial impressions weren't good.

Interested in these cameras, but know bugger all about them so perhaps you owners can answer this question please

Do they have a sensor cleaning device although knowing nothing of their design perhaps the sensor isn't exposed. Just occurred to me what with all these different primes the lenses will be off and on quite a bit

If the answer to the above is no, do you see much sign of dust spots in your photos when used at smaller apertures

Thanks
Rich

Back