The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Been taking a few shots with my XT-1 16-55mm F2.8 and grip,apart from the weight which isn't to bad, my fav combo at the moment :)

Last edited:
Superb work George. Is this an American DLL?

Thanks for that David, appreciate your comments.(y)

This one's just a common English variety, shot in my shed in the UK.

George.

Corking set George, just shown the missus and she freaked out.

Thanks for that Karl, appreciate your comments.(y)

I'll try to post some shots that may appeal to your wife in future.:D:D

George.

I have purchased a Lens Turbo II for my X-T1. This will allow me to use my Zeiss portrait lenses (85/1.4, 85/2.8, 100/2.8 and 135/2.8) and my crazy Pentacon 135/2.8 bokeh monster, with all the bokeh they're supposed to have! W00t!

I must admit I'd not even heard of these until this post. I'd be really interested to know what effect they have on the optical quality of the prime lens ie sharpness & CA etc, and do they still allow the full range of focusing from close to infinity.

Presumably then with one of these and say my 20mm Nikkor D lens for instance, I would still get the same field of view with my X-T1 that I get on Full Frame or am I reading the info wrong?

George.

I must admit I'd not even heard of these until this post. I'd be really interested to know what effect they have on the optical quality of the prime lens ie sharpness & CA etc, and do they still allow the full range of focusing from close to infinity.

Presumably then with one of these and say my 20mm Nikkor D lens for instance, I would still get the same field of view with my X-T1 that I get on Full Frame or am I reading the info wrong?

George.

Hi George, you are spot on. It gives a (very near) full frame view, and also increases light transmission by one stop. Therefore a 135/2.8 gives the effective light transmission of a 135/2 but with the bokeh of an f/2.8 lens on full frame. This is compared to a 202mm field of view with a normal adapter and equivalent depth if field of f/4 and light transmission of f/2.8.

The original version had poor corners (and even edges) with most lenses, but this version looks to be vastly improved. This is essentially a cheap clone of the Metabones Speedbooster, and allows you to use the full focus range of most lenses. Cost? £95.00 from Amazon. We'll soon see if it's any good or not!

Hi George, you are spot on. It gives a (very near) full frame view, and also increases light transmission by one stop. Therefore a 135/2.8 gives the effective light transmission of a 135/2 but with the bokeh of an f/2.8 lens on full frame. This is compared to a 202mm field of view with a normal adapter and equivalent depth if field of f/4 and light transmission of f/2.8.

The original version had poor corners (and even edges) with most lenses, but this version looks to be vastly improved. This is essentially a cheap clone of the Metabones Speedbooster, and allows you to use the full focus range of most lenses. Cost? £95.00 from Amazon. We'll soon see if it's any good or not!

Appreciate that reply m8, I'll be really interested in your findings and of course the results. You've really got me thinking about this.

I'm figuring that I might be able to knock up something like that myself. I've got a lot of old lenses kicking about that are no longer used so I'm kinda guessing that mounting maybe a rear negative element from one of these lenses in bit of tubing of the correct length with a couple of mounts added might just do the trick. Shouldn't be too difficult to do with bit of messing about.

George.

My graphite x-t1 and 60mm turned up today. Hopefully will get out and give it a good test in the next day or so. Feels so much nicer in the hand than the Sony a6000.

Been taking a few shots with my XT-1 16-55mm F2.8 and grip,apart from the weight which isn't to bad, my fav combo at the moment :)

How do you rate it v the primes of similar length dude? Keep looking at it... And seeing more people using it. Not really a fan of zooms but this seems the real deal.

I've just found someone else with an X-T1, Pentacon 135/2.8 and Lens Turbo II :) If I can get shots like this, I'll be very pleased indeed!

https://flic.kr/p/sjTfJ7

Wow, some seriously nice shots there. So tell me about this lens turbo manualfocus-g? I don't understand, despite reading a brief explanation on google how it is working. (I understand crop factor and effects on aperture).

I do like the look of the graphite. I worry that it would stand out a bit too much though when taking photos :p

The graphite is nice but the rear looks awful imo. They should have stuck to doing just the top and bottom plates.

LensTurbo's are awesome. Don't rule out the Camdiox version also.

Last edited:
A few from Dorset. XT-1 and 18-55mm f2.8.

Corfe Castle
Corfe-Castle-1 by Andy, on Flickr

Medieval Lunch
Medieval-Lunch-b&w by Andy, on Flickr

Race Home
Race-Home by Andy, on Flickr

I'm pretty much decided now that as soon as the 100-400mm comes out the Nikon gear is going. Every time I take the XT-1 out I'm more impressed with it and the kit lens is a little gem as well.

I'm pretty much decided now that as soon as the 100-400mm comes out the Nikon gear is going. Every time I take the XT-1 out I'm more impressed with it and the kit lens is a little gem as well.

I'm beginning to think on those lines as well. All I've got to do is convince myself that the AF is fast enough for my occasional forays into the realm of motorsport. If I do then the 5D3 might be on its last legs.

I'm beginning to think on those lines as well. All I've got to do is convince myself that the AF is fast enough for my occasional forays into the realm of motorsport. If I do then the 5D3 might be on its last legs.

Mostly my wildlife shots are taken in hides of birds close by or perched so even if the af isn't quite upto D7100 speed it won't be a problem and I will reduce the weight by about 50% which at my age is a bonus.

Wow, some seriously nice shots there. So tell me about this lens turbo manualfocus-g? I don't understand, despite reading a brief explanation on google how it is working. (I understand crop factor and effects on aperture).

Essentially, if you hook a full frame lens up to the adapter, you will get a similar image to that you'd get on a full frame camera i.e. more bokeh and a wider field of view. You also get an extra stop of light. However, it only works with full frame lenses e.g. Nikkor, Zeiss (in my case) and sadly everything is manual - manual focus and manual aperture control.

This will at worst be a bit of fun for me, as I also own a full frame Canon EOS 6D...so I can compare results :)

Last edited:
Just on my first day of hols,camera ready and it's raining :(

Good innit? I'm off this week too.

I do feel bad about this guys,:D:D but it's just approaching 07.00 hrs here and it's about 87 degrees F at the moment with a clear blue sky. Still at least you're on holiday when some of us have got to work, (well at least for another 3-4 hours).

"Enjoy your time off work".(y)

George.

All I've got to do is convince myself that the AF is fast enough for my occasional forays into the realm of motorsport.

If it's any help Frank, I won't bore you with what we do but one of our contracts as a company is shooting for some of the main sponsors of what you might say high end motor sport.;)

We changed over from FF DSLR cameras to the Fuji-X system for motor sport a short while ago and have experienced absolutely no problems whatsoever, In fact at the moment we feel it's certainly one of our better decisions and do not miss the DSLR cameras one bit.(y)

The guy that David @minnnt has put a link to I was lucky enough to spend a fair bit of time chatting to earlier this year, and I can tell you after seeing his portfolio of motor sport I was blown away with the quality of the shots. He's the guy that probably made me finally decide to change virtually all of our units.

George.

I do feel bad about this guys,:D:D but it's just approaching 07.00 hrs here and it's about 87 degrees F at the moment with a clear blue sky. Still at least you're on holiday when some of us have got to work, (well at least for another 3-4 hours).

George.

Big dislike.

Although being a ginge i wouldn't like the heat much either. :p

:D

Thanks George. You lucky *********
I've not used the new AF in anger yet but if I get anything like those shots then I'll be happy.
I've hardly used the 5D3 since I came back from Iceland in March and I'm beginning to question the sense in keeping it.

George.

Piff! Try Abu Dhabi - 45 Celsius at lunchtime today. Hasn't dipped below 30C in weeks.

Big dislike.

Although being a ginge i wouldn't like the heat much either. :p

:D

Heat no problem, Air con to keep the outside cool, and chilled Blue Ribbon Beer to keep the inside cool. "Voila".:D:D

George.

anyone have any updates on the proposed Fuji 100-400 lens ... would be good to see it in production :)

Back