The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Right next problem.....
I've been having trouble taking shots. Thought it was the camera settings but don't think it is. I'm using a Nissin i40 flash and I've found out that it isn't firing every time I press the shutter. Light shows its fully charged but it just doesn't fire. It will fire for a few shots then not fire. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I can wait several seconds between shots and it won't fire or I can shoot almost immediately and it will. Doesn't appear to related to recharging or overheating.

I can have it set on M, TTL or A and it makes no difference. Anyone else with one of these flashes experience any problems?

Hi guys, I've been out of photography for a long time but been a member here for about five years. My last camera was a Canon 5D which I sold along with lenses ect. The last month or two I started getting the bug again but didn't want the bulk or weight of the previous kit. So I now have a X-T1 with 18-55 kit lens and a 35m. It feels like I'm starting all over again as my old brain has forgotten a fair bit. Anyway just thought I'd say hi and I'm enjoying reading your post.

First 'I miss my X-T1' moment today.

Went to my first motorsport event since swapping over and although imo the results are better, the actual experience wasn't as good.

Shame the 100-400 keeps being delayed.
If you're not depending on photography for a living, the experience is a major part of the enjoyment, imo
;).

First 'I miss my X-T1' moment today.

Went to my first motorsport event since swapping over and although imo the results are better, the actual experience wasn't as good.

Shame the 100-400 keeps being delayed.

I used my Canon 6D today and missed my X-T1 :D You just need one of each. Bit like kids, that's the excuse I give wifey.

Wish I could afford to keep both. There is a little something about full frame that keeps tempting me but given the choice of one system it's Fuji right now! :)

Wish I could afford to keep both. There is a little something about full frame that keeps tempting me but given the choice of one system it's Fuji right now! :)

Think when the sensor is revealed for the A7000 and once Fuji have sprinkled a little fairy dust on it for the xpro2, the difference between FF and Fuji will be irrelevant. Saying that, it's quite negligable as it is now.

Think when the sensor is revealed for the A7000 and once Fuji have sprinkled a little fairy dust on it for the xpro2, the difference between FF and Fuji will be irrelevant. Saying that, it's quite negligable as it is now.

When it comes to same gen sensors the bigger sensor will always be better.

When it comes to same gen sensors the bigger sensor will always be better.

Arguably, the difference is so subtle even now. On a tech sheet maybe but how that transfers to the photographs is a different matter.

Last edited:
Arguably, the difference is so subtle even now. On a tech sheet maybe but how that transfers to the photographs is a different matter.

No, its not subtle at all. Especially in anything less than ideal conditions.

The tog has more influence over the image than any difference between sensors. I appreciate how the FF crew might be protective of their purchase though.

I get much more enjoyment out of my X-T1...it's lighter which means I'm more likely to carry it for a start :) The DR is incredible too. But for high ISO, the full frame 6D spanks the Fuji (when using equivalent ISO values). If also sharpens better at low ISO and gives me more delicious bokeh lol

P.s. It's still too big and heavy though, hence I'm mostly using da Fooj!

I get much more enjoyment out of my X-T1...it's lighter which means I'm more likely to carry it for a start :) The DR is incredible too. But for high ISO, the full frame 6D spanks the Fuji (when using equivalent ISO values). If also sharpens better at low ISO and gives me more delicious bokeh lol

P.s. It's still too big and heavy though, hence I'm mostly using da Fooj!

I never shoot high iso but can understand how ff may have a slight advantage in lower light (depending on the type of work you do). 90% of my work is on a tripod at base iso. The rest is casual family shots etc, never had an issue with the Fuji gear. As you say, Fuji is much more enjoyable to shoot, the rest is a chore.

sometimes you need the right camera for the right job :)

Totally agree, if you're the sort of person that shoots many styles of photography, you need a little flexibility. For me, landscape, products and family the Xt1 is a peach.

So you think that owning a FF camera makes you a better tog...lol?
WTF are you even on about? You're the one that made the statement and didn't offer any info to back it up when asked to explain further. When have i said having a FF camera makes you a better photographer?

So... Let me ask again...

In what way will the 'difference' between FF and APS-C be irrelevant?

'What' exactly is negligible?

And what 'difference' is subtle?

What is this 'difference' you talk of?

WTF are you even on about? You're the one that made the statement and didn't offer any info to back it up when asked to explain further. When have i said having a FF camera makes you a better photographer?

So... Let me ask again...

In what way will the 'difference' between FF and APS-C be irrelevant?

'What' exactly is negligible?

And what 'difference' is subtle?

What is this 'difference' you talk of?
Wow I'm willing to guess you own a FF camera? So defensive hehe :D Don't worry to much, what I think about FF won't harm your precious camera. It's my opinion, you don't have to agree and I certainly don't have to answer my self to you. Quit stressing, have a beer. :D

Last edited:
Guys, chill, this is the Fooj thread for chilled hipsters :( Peas, not war :meh: :indifferent::meh: :indifferent:

The sensor on the latest full frame cameras is definitely better than that of the Fooj, but the Fooj is fine for most stuff, more than fine in fact :sneaky:

Guys, chill, this is the Fooj thread for chilled hipsters :( Peas, not war :meh: :indifferent::meh: :indifferent:

The sensor on the latest full frame cameras is definitely better than that of the Fooj, but the Fooj is fine for most stuff, more than fine in fact :sneaky:

See, we all chilled like, pass the doobie G :D

Hey, I am chilled, you should see me when i get worked up a little. :D

Just wondering what these differences are? I accept you don't have to explain yourself to me but would appreciate an insight in to your comments.

Back