The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Took the wife and kids to the Helix in Falkirk today, took the camera along to capture the infamous Kelpies amongst other stuff.
Here's a couple of shots from the day out

The Kelpies by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Locks by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
That Kelpies shot is fantastic really like the composition. I went there last year whilst staying in Glasgow and it peed it down the whole time we where there !!

I have just had a GAS relapse. I lasted 6 months but Amazon warehouse has been going crazy with its pricing this past 24 hours and the GAS just took over when I saw a black XT1 with 18-135 described as no cosmetic imperfections apart from damaged packaging for £564!!!!!!! It was cheaper at the time than the one with the 18-55.
Arriving on Monday and now I have to book myself back into GAS therapy!

I have just had a GAS relapse. I lasted 6 months but Amazon warehouse has been going crazy with its pricing this past 24 hours and the GAS just took over when I saw a black XT1 with 18-135 described as no cosmetic imperfections apart from damaged packaging for £564!!!!!!! It was cheaper at the time than the one with the 18-55.
That's crazy. Barely more than I paid for my X-T10 with 18-55!

Just as well I didn't see it else I may have ordered my third Fuji in a fortnight [emoji23] [emoji85]

That's an absolute steal at that price the 18-135 doesn't get the recognition it deserves it's a great walkabout lens and weathersealed as well.

Where do you find these on Amazon

That's a bargain!

the 18-135 is my favourite lens. I've been eyeing the graphite up at just over £500, yours was a steal!!

Good grief. That first one is a stunner!

That Kelpies shot is fantastic really like the composition. I went there last year whilst staying in Glasgow and it peed it down the whole time we where there !!

Thanks guys.

The weather we had yesterday was dry and cold. Managed to pull back some detail in the sky to give a sense of drama.
Even though my composition has no reference points i was still aiming to convey the size of the horses so hopefully that has worked.

Yes there's a small car park off the main road then a stone type path right up to it. Takes about 5 minutes if that, first time I've ever been but google maps took me right to it. I had the spaniel with me so would like to take the 10 stopper and tripod next time.

That pic is awesome Thunderbird, and the sculpture is one of the nicest I've ever seen [emoji106][emoji106]

That pic is awesome Thunderbird, and the sculpture is one of the nicest I've ever seen [emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks I'm happy with it one handed whilst holding a spaniel with the other hand lol.

Must admit when I had the 35 1.4 I didn't really use it that much but since I've got the 35 f2 it's probably my favourite lens.

Thanks I'm happy with it one handed whilst holding a spaniel with the other hand lol.

Must admit when I had the 35 1.4 I didn't really use it that much but since I've got the 35 f2 it's probably my favourite lens.
Interesting. Why d'you think this is the case given the identical FL?

Interesting. Why d'you think this is the case given the identical FL?

I just found the focus slow and would sometimes seem to hunt for ages and I would have to it it into manual.

The new 35 is smaller and I Can just put it in my pocket and find the Samyang 12 Fuji 35 and 56 a great comb.

The new 35 is smaller and I Can just put it in my pocket and find the Samyang 12 Fuji 35 and 56 a great comb.

Sounds like a pain in the a** right enough.

I have the 18-55 on my X-T10 and I guess in order to avoid any duplication in FL I'd be better off looking at a wider lens.

How d'you find the 12mm? It's manual focus only, right?

I picked up a 35mm f2 from the refurb store recently and I'm really liking it too - as Thunderbird said its so quick to focus and just seems perfect on the XT-10. I've finally got the perfect combo for me - a 16-50 ois ii and 35mm F2 - lightweight, wide enough for me and capable of some great results (taking the user into consideration!)

Just need to add a 50-230 if I can pick one up cheap enough and I seem to have nailed it ! After trying the 14mm, 18mm, 18-55, 27mm and 35mm 1.4.............

But sometimes the only way to work things out is by trying things :)

Sounds like a pain in the a** right enough.

I have the 18-55 on my X-T10 and I guess in order to avoid any duplication in FL I'd be better off looking at a wider lens.

How d'you find the 12mm? It's manual focus only, right?

It's quite small and light which is good and it's really sharp. Manual focus isn't a problem as that's one thing that Fuji excels with if you focus to infinity at 5.6 you can just shoot anything over 2 metres away.

Really like those, Dunc. But, I wondered why you put the two of them up? Serious question; they seem very similar to me, and I'm guessing there's a real reason that I've missed. Thanks,

Thanks Chris. This was a bit of an experiment for the macro forum to see if people could tell the difference between staged shots and in-field shots. I've taken a few shots lately using my wife's green silk dress as a background and the results have been nice. With these two shots, I placed another flower right next to the dress to create even more of an "illusion". No-one could tell me if they were taken outside or in my light box, which is what I was testing. I took these two shots that are very similar but not identical so I thought I'd just pop up both of them on here, too, for no particular reason other than they were there. :D

has anyone had their xt1 delivered from Amazon Warehouse yet?

What were they like, new or damaged?

all of the graphites have gone now:(

ohhh FFS, I wish I'd know about that amazon warehouse, I've just dropped money on a X-T10 and for the the price could have had a X-T1.

ohhh FFS, I wish I'd know about that amazon warehouse, I've just dropped money on a X-T10 and for the the price could have had a X-T1.
I did the same mate. My X-T10 arrived on Wednesday, that said I'm loving it regardless though.

I got a graphite one at Christmas time was like new with the box a bit battered.

I'm tempted to dip into my xt2/xp2 fund for one. The description was as yours but it's good to hear from somebody who actually paid for it.

There was 2 left this morning, went out and decided to think on it. All sold when i got back in at 8.00am!!

So I went a walk with my son earlier today and decided to take the X-T10 for it's first outing.

Virtually SOOC, I can see my subscription to Creative Cloud being cancelled with JPEGs like this.

Those are stunning so sooc JPEG all of them?

Back