U8MYUFO

Just adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope to see you back on your feet and taking photos soon. Get well 'very' soon, all the best.

Get well soon mate.

Indeed, all the very best for a speedy and full recovery (as usual, I'll settle for full If speed's unlikely!) See you at the secret rendezvous when you're back at it.

Well I suppose it proves he actually has a heart :D

Get well soon Rich :hug2: won't be the same without you around :(

Well I had another one when they told me I actually had a Heart :puke: Don't let the abuse stop over a small techy prob. Thanks for all your concerns and wishes anyhow (y) I wanted to sit and watch the dvd of the op but there is a dll file missing or some crap and I cannot get it to load up :(

Well I suppose it proves he actually has a heart :D

Get well soon Rich :hug2: won't be the same without you around :(

I missed that one Ingrid :LOL: ;) Thanx.

Am absolutely delighted to see you post Rich, its good news that your well enough to. Bad luck on the heart attack, and yes, it does answer a few questions about you :D.
Was it the hire charge you owe me for the rod rest/bird feeder of mine that caused it? :thinking:

Take care mate and please get well real soon, I really meant that and will give you a ring in a few days after you've had a chance to settle back in at home. From Mo and me (y)

Last edited:
Well I had another one when they told me I actually had a Heart :puke: Don't let the abuse stop over a small techy prob. Thanks for all your concerns and wishes anyhow (y) I wanted to sit and watch the dvd of the op but there is a dll file missing or some crap and I cannot get it to load up :(

Good to have you back chap, now enjoy them nurses ;) that why we TPers get ourselves in hospital right?

:LOL:

I wanted a copy of the vid of my op but it didn't make it past the censors office - seems I have a filthy mind!

You're doing better then mel smith at any rate (y)

Best wishes Rich, i am sure we will have even more witty posts once you are recuperating!

Welcome back Rich, I havent posted the pic of you in your hospital frock (yet).
I hope you use your time wisely to learn how to take decent photos :
Atvb
Cliff

Remembered some of your culinary delights

Whilst delivering in Devon yesterday I found a butchers shop that sold tubs of proper Beef Dripping with the Jelly in it :love::love: Two slices of Toast sliding down nicely this morning :D

.....perhaps just the one slice ? :whistle: :p

All the best btw

Glad to see you spamming the forums
Posting again Rich. (y)
Get (fully) well soon,
and lay of those big carp,
it must have been a shock you catching more that a 4oz perch,
for a change :p

surely you aren't suggesting rich was talking Carp

that would be unknown :LOL:

Cheers once again guy`s. It looks like my fridge has taken a turn for the worse. There are things in there like Salad cream and Mayo with the word "Light" written on them :puke: Next she will be telling me I have to cut down on the Clotted cream with me Strawbs :(

Ya know, for some reason I always thought you were a woman... That'll learn me.
Glad to hear you're mending Rich, must've been scary as hell.

Ya know, for some reason I always thought you were a woman... That'll learn me.
Glad to hear you're mending Rich, must've been scary as hell.

Cheers Mads (y) Well I had set myself up down on the rocks at Portland Bill around 9.30pm, there was a small walk down to one of the ledges that I wanted to fish from. As I got there I came over all light headed and dizzy, put that down to the fact that I had been up early for work, not eaten much as usual during the day, and the hot muggy weather. Set my kit up ready and decided to put my head down for a nap as the high tide was about 04.45 I would start fishing it a couple of hours before. Set my alarm which would have given me a good 4hrs, woke up about 11.30pm with the tight chest pain which was starting to go down my arms as well. Put up with it till about 1ish and decided I had to phone somebody, so dialled 999. After taking all my details the guy said I might get a call back when they arrive to ask exactly where I was on the rocks, I told him I had an LED torch on me. When they did arrive I started flashing it like mad, I said to the guy " I don't know if that was a proper SOS signal or if I was telling you all to ...k off :D

At the same time the coastguard guy`s turned up as well, one of them said I was actually fortunate to have got a signal from the position where I was.It was then a trip to Bournemouth hospital, on arrival one of the medics said to me, when you get in there it will seem a little busy. That was an understatement :LOL: people coming in from all directions asking questions left right and centre, little electro pads being stuck all over me and then connected up with all the wires. Then the surgeon introduces himself, asks me by what name I like to be called, I said Rich, his reply was hi Rich you have had a heart attack and I am just going to send this tube up your arm into the Heart and clear the clot, then it is a simple case of putting in two stences to keep them open. I am just led on the bed watching every needle going into me, and then watching the procedure on the screen. Next thing I know I am up in the ward resting in bed, it seemed so surreal and was over in about 15 minutes.

Ah! That's less scary! When Gold said you'd had an op, I had visions of a quadruple emergency bypass - a couple of stents are far less invasive. And they've made you a valuable member of society - they're Platinum IIRC.

I would say you were lucky that the ambulance got to you without being smashed into - apparently the Portlander standard of driving is... erratic (to be kind) with (at that time of night) drunk driving being close to the norm rather than an aberration.

Rather you than me watch the needles going in - I can't bear to see a naked needle (which made the thrice daily finger prick tests in hospital a trial, not to mention the innumerable blood tests and IV line settings!)

Get well soon.

Ah! That's less scary! When Gold said you'd had an op, I had visions of a quadruple emergency bypass - a couple of stents are far less invasive. And they've made you a valuable member of society - they're Platinum IIRC.

I would say you were lucky that the ambulance got to you without being smashed into - apparently the Portlander standard of driving is... erratic (to be kind) with (at that time of night) drunk driving being close to the norm rather than an aberration.

Rather you than me watch the needles going in - I can't bear to see a naked needle (which made the thrice daily finger prick tests in hospital a trial, not to mention the innumerable blood tests and IV line settings!)

Get well soon.

No not that bad M8 (y)

Cheers once again guy`s. It looks like my fridge has taken a turn for the worse. There are things in there like Salad cream and Mayo with the word "Light" written on them :puke: Next she will be telling me I have to cut down on the Clotted cream with me Strawbs :(

Do as you're told. :bat:

Rich, rather than reduce the amount of cream on yer berries, reduce the number of times per day/week/month you have a bowl of strawbs'n'cream.

Alternatively, give up the fags and enjoy the taste of the S&C more each time you treat yourself.

NB, I am not a doctor or a qualified healthcare professional, nor have I had a heart attack but being a bat fastard, the above advice was given to me to reduce my chances of one!

Rich

A life changer!

We may have to find somewhere else rather than Mallards for lunch. About the only thing healthy on our plates the last time was the spoonful of side salad..... :-(

Seriously everything in proportion. Less of what you fancy but not a complete cut back. 7 years on from my "big one" and I can still enjoy a few pints (not every day) and healthy grub with the odd treat and all will be fine.

You should actually feel brighter in yourself as your blood flow will be better.

You do as her indoors tells you - she needs to not relive the stress!

Steve

Been away for a few days so I've only just heard about this Rich.

Great to see you back and on the mend.

Sorryto hear what happened, but glad that you're on the mend :)

get well soon mate, only just heard about this... (been away ) i was quite shocked...I didn't know you had a heart...:LOL:..mark
Thanks Mark, hope you got some good shots
Sorryto hear what happened, but glad that you're on the mend :)
Thanks Boss (y)
Been away for a few days so I've only just heard about this Rich.

Great to see you back and on the mend.
Cheers Phil
Rich

A life changer!

We may have to find somewhere else rather than Mallards for lunch. About the only thing healthy on our plates the last time was the spoonful of side salad..... :-(

Seriously everything in proportion. Less of what you fancy but not a complete cut back. 7 years on from my "big one" and I can still enjoy a few pints (not every day) and healthy grub with the odd treat and all will be fine.

You should actually feel brighter in yourself as your blood flow will be better.

You do as her indoors tells you - she needs to not relive the stress!

Steve

Perhaps sliming world Steve :puke: You are right though I do feel brighter and people have said I look much better in myself ( Waits for Brash to respond :cautious: ) As for the cigs I have not even thought about having one so far, not sure if that is likely to change though as time goes by Steve :shrug: My only concern at the moment is that whilst I am relaxing I get a regular moment whilst breathing, when I feel I need to take a deeper breath to fill my lungs, almost like I am hyper ventilating. They said in Hospital that whilst my pulse was strong my Heart beat whilst resting was on the low side, around 42bpm I think. If I am up and about walking or doing some gentle exercise. I get no problems with my breathing, perhaps it is just because I am not used to sitting around doing nothing for so long. Perhaps I am dwelling on the whole situation subconsciously and it may be inducing a bit of a panic attack which is the cause :shrug:

Last edited:
Rich, you should be in bed.

Don`t die sunshine, you need to teach me beach casting first..............:D

Don't get him too excited, not good for his heart you know :D

when my (then)boss had his first heart attack (and no it wasn't to do with the stress of managing me :bat: ) the nurse told him that walking up and down stairs ten times was like having sex

She lied - I walked up and down stairs about 30 times that day, and it did bugger all for me :LOL:

Thanks Mark, hope you got some good shots

Thanks Boss (y)

Cheers Phil

Perhaps sliming world Steve :puke: You are right though I do feel brighter and people have said I look much better in myself ( Waits for Brash to respond :cautious: ) As for the cigs I have not even thought about having one so far, not sure if that is likely to change though as time goes by Steve :shrug: My only concern at the moment is that whilst I am relaxing I get a regular moment whilst breathing, when I feel I need to take a deeper breath to fill my lungs, almost like I am hyper ventilating. They said in Hospital that whilst my pulse was strong my Heart beat whilst resting was on the low side, around 42bpm I think. If I am up and about walking or doing some gentle exercise. I get no problems with my breathing, perhaps it is just because I am not used to sitting around doing nothing for so long. Perhaps I am dwelling on the whole situation subconsciously and it may be inducing a bit of a panic attack which is the cause :shrug:

Rich

Not sure if you have been given meds to take. I had a triple by pass and certainly had the issues you describe.

Stuff like Candestarten (ACE 2), Furosomide and a couple of others will drop your blood pressure and heart rate. Equally it is likely that you have had arterial blockage for some time and now you are feeling "brighter" while the rest of your system is settling to the new you. Beta blockers do the same.

Steve

Rich, you should be in bed.
:naughty::naughty:
Don't get him too excited, not good for his heart you know :D
:p
Don`t die sunshine, you need to teach me beach casting first..............
(y)
when my (then)boss had his first heart attack (and no it wasn't to do with the stress of managing me :bat: ) the nurse told him that walking up and down stairs ten times was like having sex

She lied - I walked up and down stairs about 30 times that day, and it did bugger all for me :LOL:
:LOL:
Rich

Not sure if you have been given meds to take. I had a triple by pass and certainly had the issues you describe.

Stuff like Candestarten (ACE 2), Furosomide and a couple of others will drop your blood pressure and heart rate. Equally it is likely that you have had arterial blockage for some time and now you are feeling "brighter" while the rest of your system is settling to the new you. Beta blockers do the same.

Steve

You are right Steve some of the so called normal things that I thought were wrong with me and have been putting up with for a very long time, lower back pain, aching joints etc were all linked to this. I have said to the wife in the past in jest "Wish I could have a new body" As you are fully aware it really is like having one :D As for the medication Steve it is as follows, all but the TICAGRELOR are for ever and ever Amen. They did consider Beta Blockers but decided not to as my Heart was ticking over slow enough.

Aspirin..... one a day.

OMEPRAZOLE 20mg.....one a day.

RAMIPRIL 5mg.....one a day.

SAIMVASTATIN 40mg.....one a day.

TICAGRELOR 90mg.....Twice a day for one year.

GLYCERYL TRINITRATE... As and when needed.

Possible side effects of just one of those tablets :puke: I suppose it does you some good in amongst that lot :LOL:

•muscles problems; unexplained muscle pain, lack of energy, weakness, myalgia.
•memory problems; memory loss, confusion, depression.
•fever, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, dryness, chills, stuffy nose, sore throat.
•anuria or oliguria, dark colored urine, pain or burning during urination.
•face, sensory organs, throat or ankles edema, flushing, hoarseness.
•hair loss, weight loss, loss of appetite, anxiousness, drowsiness, numbness, tingling, involuntary quivering, itching, dry mouth and skin, blurred vision, neuropathy of the extremities.
•jaundice (yellowing of skin), sun sensitive skin, large purple or brown blotches, skin rash, eczema, hives, toxic epidermal necrolysis, LED, blisters.
•constipation, stomach cramps, burning stomach, flu, indigestion, cough, allergic reaction, flatulence.
•difficult breathing (dyspnea), bronchitis or other lung problems.
•liver failure, arthritis, pancreatitis, heart throbbing, cataracts, hepatitis.
•headache, joint pain, sleeping problems.

Last edited:
Back