UPDATE: Brothers Wedding (done)

or the pictures were so good that he's been commisioned to shoot the next royal wedding and no longer talks to peasants like us ;)

Bump... Triumph or disaster... Come on...we responded to your request for input.

This only leaves us to assume that the wedding went all wrong and there is now a family fued. And the bride ran off with the photographer.

That's optimism.

The bride could have belted him with the cake knife when he said "sorry, I need to take a step back, I can't quite get your bum in the picture"

That's optimism.

The bride could have belted him with the cake knife when he said "sorry, I need to take a step back, I can't quite get your bum in the picture"

"lift your chin love ... and your other one"

if you have to put the 10-20 mm on for the 'bride from the rear' shot , then you know you are in trouble

Its when they say "you will make me look thin won't you " that I struggle , apparently "I'm a photographer not a f*****g magician" isnt an appropriate answer

Some girls like it when you offer to Gimp their arse off. (I'm told)

they are less keen when you stare at them thoughtfully and say " Gnu .... soft "

Last edited:
Gnu Soft make gimp ( it stands for Gnu Image Manipulation Program) , however a bride could easily get the wrong idea if you look at her and say "Gnu" under your breath , as they arent the most aesthetically pleasing creatures

217px-Gnu.jpg

Which reminds me if you do a location wedding at a zoo and the keepers try to dart the bride and put her back in an enclosure its a sure sign that things arent going to go well ;)

Bump... Triumph or disaster... Come on...we responded to your request for input.

that - although i don't think the OP is coming back

and i thought you were a full coverage kind of guy :LOL:

I've only just read this thread from beginning to end, and it's feels like when Sky f**ks up the end of a film and you don't know who the murderer is!!!!

This does remind me of my brothers wedding 15 years ago. They didn't have a pro there ( I don't think), and asked a friend to do it, I think. (I'm not sure, as we're not close). I took my old film camera, and thought I'd take a few snaps, and give them a framed photo as a present. No pressure.
As soon as I lifted the camera up, Bridezilla looked at me, with a face like thunder, "No, no, Jackie. X person is taking photos. I don't want you to." She wasn't even polite about it, she was just plain rude. It was the most boring wedding I'd ever been to.
I invited her to my wedding, but she didn't even turn up!

They are now divorced. :D

If I'd been your brother I'd have taken her to task for speaking to you that way!
No chance, his new partner is also very domineering! None of us are close to him, and we have no idea why.
Bloody families!!!

Last edited:
Then he sounds a right wimp and probably deserves it! ;):rolleyes:
Yep. He is. I think. I only see him for a few hours every couple of years.

I really want to know how the OP got on on the day!! Maybe he was SO GOOD, they took him on honeymoon with them? :)

I really want to know how the OP got on on the day!! Maybe he was SO GOOD, they took him on honeymoon with them? :)

or he was so bad he's rotting in a shallow grave after they got the photos

or he's simply an ungrateful **** who doesnt care about all the people who tried to help him

I'm having a bad life at the moment

I'll go with the shallow grave, and add autumn leaves blowing past soil encrusted fingers clutching an SD card, poking out of the freshly dug ground.
Can anyone add more facts to build up a true picture of what really happened at the dreaded brother's wedding? Gone wrong!

Points for using the words blood smeared, ungrateful, bridezilla, revenge and raw files. Zombie vicars and clone wars would be taking it too far though.

Last edited:
. Zombie vicars and clone wars would be taking it too far though.

How do we feel about flying sharks , and random meerkats ?

Well precisely. You get 'em at every wedding. Luckily you only see some family members at weddings and funerals.

Rather than getting bitter an twisted about not getting closure on this we decided we'd fill in the missing facts with macabre details. It's your turn.

Rather than getting bitter an twisted about not getting closure on this we decided we'd fill in the missing facts with macabre details. It's your turn.

I suspect he's being held hostage by a disapointed bride who is mailing his parents body parts one a day until she gets the pictures she was promised... so far they've had four fingers, and ear and a testicle , but unfortunately her pictures are stil s***

OP has not been on since Sep 30. My guess is either a shallow grave or he made such a balls up that he is too embarrassed to come on here.
He was warned but he went on Facebook and they told him how easy it was.
We'll never see him again.

Back