UPDATE: Brothers Wedding (done)

31st of december - I was planning on talking crap unitil the day to keep the thread live

Also yes a ToT barrage would definitely make an effective trash the dress shot (think the bit in the Dirty Dozen training exercise meets Bride magazine), though many clients might find the body count unacceptable

31st of december - I was planning on talking crap unitil the day to keep the thread live

Also yes a ToT barrage would definitely make an effective trash the dress shot (think the bit in the Dirty Dozen training exercise meets Bride magazine), though many clients might find the body count unacceptable

Not to be too much of a smart arse but a member of the family my grandad actually has already photographed the artillery while in North Africa :p

View attachment 27031

The wedding could turn into a game of dodge and burn!

The highlight being blown away at the end.

Last edited:
This thread could end up being very disappointing!

Good job I have not been holding my breath on this one, still curious though

may be we scared him off with the threat of Matts grandad calling a TOT barrage ;)

Maybe, in the process of presenting some rational explanations to his brother, there was a big bust up before the photography even commenced and Matt thought it best not to even attend the wedding. Now there's a strategy for anyone else finding themselves in this position - be such a PITA beforehand that they decide they don't want you there at all - problem solved.

It's just that given the lack of presence by the OP, either he didn't shoot the wedding, or he's reeling from the aftermath. There must be a blo*dy reason (and hopefully not a 'bad' one).

.... or maybe he's just enjoying watching us all dissolve into a feeding frenzy of curiosity.

may be we scared him off with the threat of Matts grandad calling a TOT barrage ;)

Now that would be impressive given the old boy died over 3 decades ago :LOL: :LOL: but then he is a Hancox so anything is possible :D

Maybe 12000 images taken on continuous high with a Light Sphere pointed at the sky.... and now he's stuck in editing hell.
Makes sense to me; I've seen others do it that way....

Ok so... finally moved house before Christmas after what can only be described as the most stressful time of my life, and many thanks to EE for taking a mere 7 weeks to move my internet package across to the new house (that's a new thread).
So I now have internet and will soon be loading some images from the wedding for those that haven't lost interest.

You're alive!
Haha, yup, in between phonecalls to EE I have managed to edit some of the photos.
Wasn't a bad day but the house move was still taking its toll so probably didn't enjoy it as much as I perhaps could have.

I knew it would be worth sticking around...

yep - we only need to keep talking cobblers for another month so he has time to finish editing the pictures ;) :LOL:

well for a first attempt they arent bad ( I think my first ever was appreciably worse)

#1 its a shame about the shadow on the brides face - but i guess flash wasnt allowed so theres nothing much you could have done differently, also the whites a bit yellow so you might want to cool your WB slightly

#2 its a bit messy tbh - if you took a shot a moment later or earlier on burst it might be preferable if you can see more of her face

and #3 its a nice shot - best of these three but you might want to crop to portrait (or square) and lose the window to the left

Overall though - well done :clap:

thanks, appreciate your feedback.
I will try some different edits and repost at a later date based on your comments.

Its definitely not something id do for a living, I enjoy my hobby too much to make it my job.

thanks, appreciate your feedback.
I will try some different edits and repost at a later date based on your comments.

Its definitely not something id do for a living, I enjoy my hobby too much to make it my job.

(y) on the B&W the only thing i'd say is maybe clone out those reflections in the picture as they ted to draw the eye , and bridesmaids its a nice shot - but its a shame the one on the near right of the bride looks like she's chewing a wasp

well for a first attempt they arent bad ( I think my first ever was appreciably worse)

#1 its a shame about the shadow on the brides face - but i guess flash wasnt allowed so theres nothing much you could have done differently, also the whites a bit yellow so you might want to cool your WB slightly

Overall though - well done :clap:

Just out of curiosity and interest, looking at the highlight on the FoB's head it looks like there was a strong overhead illumination....so if one knew the venue et al could the OP have positioned a reflector down behind the bridesmaid on the rhs to kick enough light back to reduce/elimate the shadow???

In theory i don't see why not - but in practice you probably wouldnt realise it was an issue until too late. A better bet is to negotiate using limited fill flash for the walking downthe aisle shots which is sometimes an option with the right celebrant.

Well for a "non" wedding photographer they look excellent to me.

For somebody who just takes pictures as a hobby, and who's inexperienced with weddings - I think you've done really well! :clap:

Some good comments from the others - also, cropping these would improve them. They are also over sharpened (maybe from loading them up here, I'm not sure).

They should be very happy. But we all know that no matter how satisfactory the images, 'clients' can still be a pain. I appreciate that given your relationship with the couple you may not want to go into that on a forum (unless you've already fallen out of course) :rolleyes:

Back