US Election

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an American but I am more happy about this than our own election !

I agree. Its a bit of hysteria isn't it.
Why is there not the same of level of national pride in this country when we have a general election?

Is it because of our political system and the fact we just get shafted by politicians left right and centre at every opportunity, that we just simply now roll over and let it happen?

Where's the whoopin and the hollerin' in the UK every 4 years? The flag waving?
We're just too 'Frightfully British, what what' lol

I haven' really followed this election until the last few days / hours, but I do have to say Gobama! :D

Remember how happy we were 11 years ago with the dawn of New Labour and in 1979 when Maggie came to power,I dont think Obama is Blair or Thatcherr but lets just be cautiously optimistic about what the USA did yesterday

I agree. Its a bit of hysteria isn't it.
Why is there not the same of level of national pride in this country when we have a general election?

Is it because of our political system and the fact we just get shafted by politicians left right and centre at every opportunity, that we just simply now roll over and let it happen?

Where's the whoopin and the hollerin' in the UK every 4 years? The flag waving?
We're just too 'Frightfully British, what what' lol

We just aren't that patriotic, as a group of people - I wish we were! Lots of :clap: and :woot: and :banana: :LOL:

However, while talking about patriotism and how the US love it - next time you see Obama while his national anthem is playing, check what he doesn't do with his hand. He's the president, he should be patriotic!!

Last edited:
Obama is a step away from the traditional gungHo presidents of recent times, some of the news reports are saying he could be pivotal like Reagon was with the cold war, while others are saying that after Bush and Sons, there needs to be some thinking going on in the Whitehouse

As a woman of colour the election of a black man to the presidency of the USA is an emotional and historical event. It's something I never thought I would see in my lifetime. It's restored my faith in humanity to think that in one of the most racially divisive nations and the birth place of the civil rights movement something like this could happen. It's a momentous occasion for black people on both sides of the Atlantic and I for one am extremely happy to have been alive to witness it.

Doesn't this remind anyone of the hysteria (albeit a bit more muted) in this country when Tony Blair was elected? I get the feeling the gloss will wear off this pretty quickly when Obama can't deliver all that he has promised - just like it did with Blair.

I disagree.. we are a patriotic country, you only have to look at the football world cup and olympics to see the amount of flags and the "unity" felt by people all wanting the same thing.. I think that most people dont give a crap about politics because most of the politicians in this country are just mirror copies of each other, after an election nothing changes apart from the name after Prime Minister. Another thing, remember that most of the american government changes during an election.. whilst here we still have Queeny after the public vote for the new PM.

Congrats to Obama though.. Ive wanted him to win since the beginning.

regards, James

I disagree.. we are a patriotic country, you only have to look at the football world cup and olympics to see the amount of flags and the "unity" felt by people all wanting the same thing..

By "country" do you mean the UK....or England?

How do you know? You can't even spell his name :LOL:

He's probably been sitting around at home wondering what palin looks like in the shower..or any woman for that matter :|

im quite pleased, Obama looked like the better candidate compared to mccain who reminded me too much of bush with a brain, i think a change can only be positive for the US.

Back