What car do you drive?

I saw a Tesla S on the M25 a few weeks back.

That is the problem with all these plug and go cars, no noise.
A danger to pedestrians ;)

Like I said it was 30 years ago and it took 12 years for anyone to go faster.
I saw a Tesla S on the M25 a few weeks back. Got to be the most expensive minicab I've ever seen. No joke.
Nope that will be this one ;)

View: https://youtu.be/C0-gUXEkBoo

Seriously though, a Tesla S as a taxi makes a lot of sense due to the tax treatment, the spacious 7 seat interior, the luxury of travel and the very low running costs. It is not a surprise that when you go fly into Schiphol you'll be treated by a long string of Tesla's in the taxi stands.

The Mustang is not too bad?

I've owned a mustang....it was terrible. Purchased with 23,000 miles on the clock, sold two years later with 50,000 it had...

Throttle position sensor
o2 sensor
2 x blown head gaskets
Transmission shudder requiring three fluid flushes to 'fix'
Air conditioning compressor
Air conditioning low pressure switch
Front drop links
Front roll bar bushes
Rear roll bar bushes
Lower ball joints
Seized front struts (never seen that before!)
out of true crank shaft pulley

Then the big one. For no obvious reason the crank shaft twisted at 50,000 miles, leaving the car with just 48 Bhp at the rear wheels on a rolling road. The damage necessitated a complete replacement engine.

The car looked pretty, but the quality was unserviceable poor. The car was immaculate, low mileage and well looked after, it was just rubbish.

Last edited:
A pic of my car ...from my driveway were my mate parked his car :)
f2.jpg

Your car spoils the picture :sneaky:

I used to have a Subaru Legacy, talk about power it could pull my sheep trailor through the mud in the fields, get me up hills in 3rd gear. I was so proud of it. Then sold the sheep and after 22years poor old suby had to go, £250 yearly tax etc etc; In comes the Ford Fusion, £30 yearly tax but it can't go up hills in third, it must drive smoothly because I didn't realise one of the front springs was missing, thank goodness for its M.O.T and the amazment of the mechanic, all is well again. But if I had lots of money to spend, I would buy the Subaru Forester, very smart, very reliable and comes in a delightful metalic blue. The colour is so important.:)

Our family bolide - coming up to three years old now. Scratching our brains as to what to replace it with #firstworldproblems

_9260415.jpg

I'm seriously tempted at the moment..

One of my dream cars has become available and I'm in two minds..!

It's on it's way from California, arriving end of August.

Trouble is, I have a project on the go already and I would need it's space for this one..!

There's only a handful in the country and the guy importing has too much money in another so just wants his money back, so there's money to be made if I decide to sell on in a few years..

Would anyone else be going mental over a Volvo 242 (we never got the 2 door 240 in the UK) as much as me? Haha

That begs the question...why replace it?
My wife would prefer something a little smaller so she doesn't have to worry to much in multi-story carparks and the likes. And just fancy something different now, and there isn't a newer version of that one.

Would anyone else be going mental over a Volvo 242 (we never got the 2 door 240 in the UK) as much as me? Haha
Oh yes, always loved them!

A pic of my car ...from my driveway were my mate parked his car :)

If I paid that sort of money for a car, I'd expect something better than a Halfords look to my dash.. God that bright red is awful. It's a Ferrari for Christ's sake, it should have some class.

Here's an Aston interior...

2005-aston-martin-db9-interior-wallpaper-5.jpg

Have to admit that I'm not a fan of Volvos - had too many mates knocked off by them, especially the older boxy ones. Something to do with them having to stick a yard out into the road before the drivers can see what's coming?

JP, would an Evoque fit the bill? Not my ideal car but the 2.2 Diesel is a damn good engine and the new 2 litre one is supposed to be even better. Or even the F Pace.

had too many mates knocked off by them, especially the older boxy ones.
The "Joke" always was the fact that they were the first with SiPs and basically didn't give a s*** who they pulled out on.

"" Indeed.

Yesterday we picked up a new (well, 6 month old) Mazda CX-5, it's primarily for my wife but I have to admit it is rather nice to drive - reminds me a bit of my MX-5 which can't be a bad thing.

First choice was initially the Evoke but discounted it after looking at one properly as frankly it is tiny, as are pretty much all of the cross-over type things, may as well just buy a car. Also, everyone I know who've owned Evokes say they wouldn't recommend them - all sorts of niggles, major and minor.

The F-Pace looked interesting but a bit more than I wanted to spend so ended up with the CX5 which is usefully big but feels like a car to drive and is much nicer inside compared to the Malaysian things and Ford Kuga we looked at.

Have to admit that I'm not a fan of Volvos - had too many mates knocked off by them, especially the older boxy ones. Something to do with them having to stick a yard out into the road before the drivers can see what's coming?

JP, would an Evoque fit the bill? Not my ideal car but the 2.2 Diesel is a damn good engine and the new 2 litre one is supposed to be even better. Or even the F Pace.
I'm not that keen on land rovers. They are just too common for my liking.

At the moment its between a Mercedes GLC 43 AMG, Maserati Levante, Porsche Macan Turbo or a Tesla X. Realistically as we want to downsize, its likely the Merc or Porsche.

Oh and my wife best friend took delivery two weeks ago of a F Pace R ;) Black on black wheels, it looks and drives absolutely brilliant. Never liked it until I saw hers. But don't want to copy them :)

I'm not that keen on land rovers. They are just too common for my liking.

At the moment its between a Mercedes GLC 43 AMG, Maserati Levante, Porsche Macan Turbo or a Tesla X. Realistically as we want to downsize, its likely the Merc or Porsche.

Audi SQ5..?

Audi SQ5..?
Looked into it, found the interior and seating position a bit basic. If they did the q7 options and materials in the 5 it could have been interesting.

I work right by a Land Rover garage, the amount of evoques which come in on AA trucks would put me off to be honest..

I work right by a Land Rover garage, the amount of evoques which come in on AA trucks would put me off to be honest..
I'm never that bothered by things like that; well not when I'm buying new. What puts me off is that they are more common than the Ford Mondeo. The marketeers really need to redfine 'Mondeo Man'

What's the Audi RSQ3 like inside?
Best way to find out is go to an Audi dealer. Unfortunately peoples perspective and reference framework changes based upon what they are used to. Take the Q5 we nearly got one when they were first released and I really liked it. Roll on nearly 6 six years in which I built up different experiences and expectations and I really didn't like it. I found it too basic. Haven't been in the RSQ3 but if the Q3 is the starting point then hmmm. However if you are getting in one from say a Dacia Duster then it would come across like a world of luxury.

Like the Mercedes GLA, lots of people love them, I found it awkward to get in, it all looked the same but smaller as my car, but the choice of material used, the lightweight door, the seating position I really didn't like it.

Had a 1996 fiesta from 2002 til a few months ago - although my experience with buying another used car makes me wish i had just done the repairs on the fiesta! The fiesta has gone to be a banger racing car and I now have a maroon vw polo - got it had a competitive price, but had quite a few problems due to dealer not giving it a proper check (part ex i guess) and it actually being dangerous - complete nightmare. Not sure I will keep it as long as the feista, wish i had gone with another old fiesta, although i guess it could have had problems too. it's nice to have air con and power steering (altho i'll miss the arm work out) but i just dont trust it yet!

I meant for you really... I've got one Audi already so two would be unnecessary ;)
:) It is still early this Monday morning....

I think the boss has spoken on that one; the list is closed and its between an GLC43 AMG, Macan Turbo, Levante, or Model X. Although I think the later two will drop off as they aren't much smaller than what we've got now.

If I paid that sort of money for a car, I'd expect something better than a Halfords look to my dash.. God that bright red is awful. It's a Ferrari for Christ's sake, it should have some class.

Here's an Aston interior...

2005-aston-martin-db9-interior-wallpaper-5.jpg
I think it is good that people can have individual styles. I've never found that red leather interiors photograph that well, not in their brochures nor by others. But when you see them in real life and with the right body colour I think it looks stunning. We were are a joined Ferrari/Maserati garage a few weeks ago, and it did make me change my mind on the interior colours. And especially so as we were at Porsche the other week and yet again the red leather interior was absolutely stunning.

Personally I can't stand the black/light tan combination, I much prefer black/black then. But it is great there is so much choice these days :)

I'm never that bothered by things like that; well not when I'm buying new. What puts me off is that they are more common than the Ford Mondeo. The marketeers really need to redfine 'Mondeo Man'
Not that I like the Evoque, but I don't base my cars of choice on how popular they are. Not really a fan of SUV's myself, but I'm sure the fact they come in different colours and you can personalise with different wheels and other options, you aren't really likely to find two identical vehicles too often.
But then again most Evoque owners do all seem to follow the same theme.

Just to prove other colours are available.

Not that I like the Evoque, but I don't base my cars of choice on how popular they are. Not really a fan of SUV's myself, but I'm sure the fact they come in different colours and you can personalise with different wheels and other options, you aren't really likely to find two identical vehicles too often.
But then again most Evoque owners do all seem to follow the same theme.

Just to prove other colours are available.
LOL I think it is a point in general. Most vehicles seem to follow the combinations that are displayed in the sales brochure. We looked at the Evoque when it was first introduced as I don't mind the exterior look. Just didn't think it was equally clever on the interior, it felt cramped and wasted space to me. Similar to the original Range Rover Sport.

But it is good there is choice. Following Top Gear especially (even though they wanted the old one), I would really fancy for myself the new Mustang V8. Really like that.

Just got a Jag XE 180R 2.0d AWD, a replacement for the same model - 600 miles on the clock and none of the electrics worked on the left hand side! Disappointing really. Cannot say I'm fond of the UI either, messy compared to the BMW 3 series GT I had a few weeks back.

QUOTE]

If you want customisation then go for a Mini.... I love my JCW [emoji173]️

Well there you go, my wife's friend Jaguar F-Pace, not even two weeks old, and it is day 2 at the dealers to be fixed. Feel sorry for them. They had a Range Rover Sport on loan for 3 months earlier this year as well as that one kept breaking. At least Range Rover provided a like for like vehicle, unlike Jaguar with its entry level XE compared to her supercharged F-Pace S.

If you want customisation then go for a Mini.... I love my JCW [emoji173]️
We went into Mini as I like the look of the JCW or even Cooper S, would have been nice as a run about. I must be oddly shaped but I just could not get comfortable in the seats. I found the base was way to short for me. I found I had more comfort and space in a Abarth 695, yet I prefer the kit levels on the mini. I like how it is a small car but with proper grownup options.

We went into Mini as I like the look of the JCW or even Cooper S, would have been nice as a run about. I must be oddly shaped but I just could not get comfortable in the seats. I found the base was way to short for me. I found I had more comfort and space in a Abarth 695, yet I prefer the kit levels on the mini. I like how it is a small car but with proper grownup options.

Strange, as the base on the JCW seats extends to cater for strangely tall people like you :)

I have to say, my previous JCW had Rocarro's and they were more comfortable. I think I'll be heading towards the JCW Clubman when it arrives, we could do with just that extra bit of space but love the brand.

Strange, as the base on the JCW seats extends to cater for strangely tall people like you :)

I have to say, my previous JCW had Rocarro's and they were more comfortable. I think I'll be heading towards the JCW Clubman when it arrives, we could do with just that extra bit of space but love the brand.

The new clubman is an brilliant car had on for a day when our Countryman went in for MOT and service. I'm also tempted by the JCW in the future. I've also read that the new Countryman will be based on the same platform and be built at Plant Oxford I would hope it would have the same level of finish as the new Clubman.

Back