What you listening to RIGHT now?

inspired by ffoegs post above, i'm currently having a heart fest (complete with cheesy air guitar and jumping up and down in the lounge with the dog looking at me strangley)

having listened to crazy on you, alone, and barracuda, currently playing is - 'what about love'. with 'who will you run to' next up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5GGMhmo-M&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
cyclamens said:
SOAD - Chop Suey followed by Toxicity

Then classic Lizzy..............Renegade (y)

I'm coming round with a bag of beers!!

I'm coming round with a bag of beers!!

You should - the boys are back and I feel it could be a Lizzy night with Thunder and Lightning now melting the eardrums - oh for the three day deafness following their gig:cool:

cyclamens said:
You should - the boys are back and I feel it could be a Lizzy night with Thunder and Lightning now melting the eardrums - oh for the three day deafness following their gig:cool:

Saw them on the Live and Dangerous tour. Awesome.

First saw 'em April '79 Sheffield City Hall - Nearly 16 I was, and already playing bass in a band that Covered "Emerald" "Rosalie" and "Whiskey in the Jar" - the version of Whiskey being far nearer to the future Metallica version when I look back on it. Fortunately, I was only playing the Bass, didn't have to double up singing as well...

First saw 'em April '79 Sheffield City Hall - Nearly 16 I was, and already playing bass in a band that Covered "Emerald" "Rosalie" and "Whiskey in the Jar" - the version of Whiskey being far nearer to the future Metallica version when I look back on it. Fortunately, I was only playing the Bass, didn't have to double up singing as well...

Keep it up , you are making me feel reassuringly young - april 79 I'd have been 6 :LOL:
Mind you 12 years later when i was in a band we used to 'cover' (in the loosest possible sense of the word) lizzy songs like 'don't believe a word', still in love with you, and emerald. To my eternal shame as singer (again a loose interpretation of the word) I used to use the "are there any girls out there who'd like some more oirsh in them" line. Of course i'm not remotely irish , but "are there any of the girls who'd like some more buckinghamshire in them" doesnt really work

The Lizzy gig having finished - ive just dug this up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWXcgd9yoq0&feature=related

whitesnake live at ludwigshaven - the full concert , thats the next 90 minuites sorted out then ( I love youtube)

another band who's songs we used to mutilate cover - in particular 'there i go again'

Last edited:
We were gigging back in '78 - 15 year old, playing all the local seedy rock pubs, bashing out covers. Had one near-miss - was booked to play the better rock-pub nearby as support to a band from 20 miles south of where we lived. Guitarist threw a wobbly and said "We've played this place on our own before, we're not going back to support gigs." so we were offered the following Thursday night. You may possibly have heard of the band they wanted us to support...

Bunch of lads from Sheffield, sold the odd Album or Two...

Def Leppard!

whitesnake live at ludwigshaven - the full concert , thats the next 90 minuites sorted out then ( I love youtube)

another band who's songs we used to mutilate cover - in particular 'there i go again'

Ah - used to play "Ain't gonna Cry No More..." as my Acoustic guitar "Party Peice"!

Once Bitten - Twice Shy (Great White cover of a fantastic Ian 'Unter track!)

[YOUTUBE]Bz61YQWZuYU[/YOUTUBE]

Magpies; they're doing my head in now :razz:

Neil Young and Crazy horse - Jesus' Chariot (She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain")

[youtube]0NghGoIdv-E[/youtube]

Not long to wait for the new album!!!

Back