Which Wireless Shutter Remote for Canon.

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

Im thinking ahead to Spring already and looking at getting a wireless remote shutter for me Canon 7D. What would you all recommend.

thanks

James

I use the Hahnel Giga T Pro II (Nikon version) and would recommend it.

hn_gigat_ca_3.jpg

It really is dependant on what you need it to do, if literally just for stock bulb exposures one of the cheaper wireless triggers should do the trick, I'd avoid IR (infrared) like the plague I've seen a lot of them used I've yet to see one work without hassle :(

But if you want a reliable and extremely functional wireless trigger you really cannot go wrong with the Giga T Pro2 as already suggested by Scott, I got one a couple of years back an it is extremely good...although I killed mine in my crash I will be buying a new one soon as I'll be starting to go out shooting again soon (y)

Cheapo JVC intervalometer here. Does the business from short or long range, is robust, is cheap.

Similar question.. Which wired one would be good for a 6D looking for a cheap standard one if anyone can help?

Similar question.. Which wired one would be good for a 6D looking for a cheap standard one if anyone can help?

The Giga T Pro II also doubles as a wired one by plugging the hand unit into the camera instead and leaving the head unit in the bag.

i have a really cheap one off ebay. If memory serves it was £2.50. dose exatly what it says on the tin :).

It really is dependant on what you need it to do, if literally just for stock bulb exposures one of the cheaper wireless triggers should do the trick, I'd avoid IR (infrared) like the plague I've seen a lot of them used I've yet to see one work without hassle :(

But if you want a reliable and extremely functional wireless trigger you really cannot go wrong with the Giga T Pro2 as already suggested by Scott, I got one a couple of years back an it is extremely good...although I killed mine in my crash I will be buying a new one soon as I'll be starting to go out shooting again soon (y)

Im looking to do some garden photography (birds on feeders and on the lawn etc). looking for one with a good range approx 20 to 30 feet. I never thought to look at the Giga T Pro II. Might have to have a good look at it.

Thank you all for the response its bin greatly appreciated

:)

Got the Yongnuo RF603 myself. Works fine from indoors taking pictures of the birds on the feeders in the garden.
I have the Nikon model but I assume that the Canon one works exactly the same.

Giga T pro II User here too. Never regretted the purchase. Allows me to wander off looking for other compositions while doing long exposures and stop the exposure at will from far enough away I can't even make the camera out clearly. Just how it should be.

Another vote for cheapo ebay wired trigger. Mine has worked for a few years my 30d and 7d cost less than a fiver shipped. If I need anything more sophisticated I can connect the 7d to my android phone and have full control using the dslr app ( interval meter, live view etc)

Another vote for the Giga T Pro II here. Get some awesome range with it.
I also like the EOS app idea. I have only used it when the camera is low and I cant see the camera screen very well. Anyone know what range you can get with the EOS App on wireless?

Last edited:
I can use the rf602 flash trigger and receiver with a cable on reciever. No autofocus tho.

But u can have 1 camera trigger another which is interesting maybe

So after shouting the virtues of the Giga T Pro II mine has now stopped working wirelessly.

The Rx is flashing its green LED as expected and when pressed the Tx shows its green then red LED but when doing so the Rx doesn't receive the signal, or turn permanent green then red. Its obviously not receiving the signal regardless of range even if its right next to the Tx, its as if the channel/code sync has been lost. I have also checked, confirmed and tried all the different channels with no luck.

It works fine when connected directly by the cable.

Anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?

So after shouting the virtues of the Giga T Pro II mine has now stopped working wirelessly.

The Rx is flashing its green LED as expected and when pressed the Tx shows its green then red LED but when doing so the Rx doesn't receive the signal, or turn permanent green then red. Its obviously not receiving the signal regardless of range even if its right next to the Tx, its as if the channel/code sync has been lost. I have also checked, confirmed and tried all the different channels with no luck.

It works fine when connected directly by the cable.

Anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?

It could be that your battery is on it's way out...

Back