Wide angle lens

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Heading to New York (as I have probably said a lot on here) and I'm looking to pick up a wide angle lens whilst out there. I'm quite stuck on what lens will be compatible for my nikon d7000?
I'm looking to spend no more than £200...if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Thanks

It's worth a visit to B&H just to see the place and how it works :) I also found them very helpful and knowledgeable. Sorry I can't help you with lens advice though.

Thanks, I've been looking through their website quite a bit but struggling to know what's good for my camera.
Cheers

Thanks, I've been looking through their website quite a bit but struggling to know what's good for my camera.
Cheers

Every time I'm in downtown NY I try to visit B&H. They're probably the finest photographic store you'll ever get to visit and they are very knowledgeable, they'll certainly be able to advise you with anything photographic.

George.

But if you're looking for an ultra wide angle I think you'll be scratching around their second hand stock - £200 won't get you anything new.

Something around 12-24mm? Just something that will get a decent amount of landscape/cityscape in New York? I'm not good on my sizes and how wide they go? If you get me

Cheers

Sigma 10-20mm at B&H is $399 so around £254...I can stretch to that. What's people's thoughts? Any experience with this lens? And will it serve me well walking about the city?

Good to hear. I go in 6 days, don't want to risk it not arriving, plus have been getting a bit of birthday money in dollars so should wait till I get there.

Thanks though!

I bought a s/h Nikon mount Tokina 11-16 f2.8 for my D200 and also to be used on a Pana GH1 for video (by using an Ebay adapter). Howeven I was delighted to find the 16mm end of this lens ca be used in FX mode on a FF Nikon (D3 in my case). So if you're thinking of ever going FF the this might be worth considering.

The Tokina 11-16mm is an awesome lens. If you can find one for around £200 used, then you've got yourself an awesome bargain. Check B&H and KEH, maybe KEH can deliver to your hotel?

Back