Yes another 1, err 365 that is "Still going... sort of"

Gutted!
Worst nightmare for a 365, like fabs said ***, get the phone out! :D

The phone has done a couple of mine so far and i expect a few more will be done that way.

Keep at it, it'll make you think more with the limits imposed on you by the phone camera :)

Last edited:
thanks guys I decided against using the Iphone since most of my 365 is shot indoors or at night at the minute and its not rreally very good at either situation, but been getting withdrawal symptoms feeling a bit lost with no camera. Taking the 40D back to Jessops tomorrow hoepfully will get it sorted soon, but today I picked up a 30D body for a very good price, I knew I should have kept my old 350D it saved me when my first 40D went belly up. Ah well prefer the 30D to the 350D so hanging on to it nice to have a second body.

Oh and Charlies back to first shot with the 30D.
3258947734_6b18563a74_o.jpg

Sean

Well the 40D went back to Jessops today it's going to take 4 to 6 weeks to get back really glad I got this 30D now. On my way back from Jessops I popped into Waterstones and picked up a little reading that I've been meaning to get for quite a while. Also remembered to pick up a battery for my shutter remote that bloody hurt £4.99 for 1 small battery.

3260898791_8555d6883b_o.jpg

I also made a grid spot for my flash's out of some straws and cardboard (y)

3261742420_c2ce0644ce_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sean

Last edited:
I need to get a copy of that book, how much is it on the street?
Those grids can be fun can't they, I have stacks of JPG here.

Good ones Sean. You'll enjoy that book. (y)
Thanks Marc

Great book Sean - a must read for any photographer in my opinion.
Yea been meaning to get it for a while now, had a quick flick through some cracking shots in it going to start reading it properly tomorrow'

I need to get a copy of that book, how much is it on the street?
Those grids can be fun can't they, I have stacks of JPG here.

Book was £17.99 in Waterstones I know I could have saved a few quid getting it from Amazon but it's much more enjoayable buying something and having it there and then ;) .

Yep the grid is fun can get some pretty cool efffects with it (need some more practice to get the most from it though) I'm going to make some more different sized ones soon, that one was made using black card and white straws as I couldn't find any black ones went all round town yesterday looking for them, but my mUms going to get me some black ones from work so going to try some other stuff with them too.

Went to the Chinese New Year Celebrations in Newcastle today, it was postponed last week due to the football, Im pretty glad as I would have missed it last week. It was absolutely packed with people so a lot of my shots where done holding the camera above my head, damn 40D picked a good time to die as the Live view would have made that so much easier. Anyway got a few shots I was happy with considering the conditions.

3264824916_5c58844919_o.jpg

3263971243_7dc09b7dc7_b.jpg

3263969041_f1995c49db_o.jpg

3264796660_14ef8f4475_o.jpg

3263969943_59f1ef46dc_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sean

Took me ages to get those running round through the back streets to get ahead of the parade and get in a position to shoot, every time the parade moved on the area just got swamped with people pretty much impossible to get a shot, was happy to get those for all they aren't great shots.

Sean

Well a boring one today had a really hectic day at work, absolutely nackered so another of my Skyline model this time on black card with the SB-800 off camera and a grid spot on it.

3267095767_6dc086c2b6_o.jpg

Sean

Took me ages to get those running round through the back streets to get ahead of the parade and get in a position to shoot, every time the parade moved on the area just got swamped with people pretty much impossible to get a shot, was happy to get those for all they aren't great shots.

Sean

Unfortunately they cancelled the parade in London. :(

Nice lighting on today's shot.(y)

Well more messing with lighting and my new Lens, Nifty fifty bought of rickj on the forums thanks rick (y). Hope I manage to keep a hold of this one lost my last one damn things are so small very easy to put them down and not notice :LOL:.

Shot with the nifty and the sb-800 with the grid spot and a snoot (well sort of a snoot) really need to order so cactus triggers so I can start using more than 1 flash.

3270528210_6c2f3952e3_o.jpg

Sean

A long exposure from tonight played around a bit in photoshop didn't quite work out.

3273043424_bd20dfa688_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Shrubmonkey, it was shot at about 9.30pm the moon was behind the clouds and gave a weird glow I set the white balance to warm to give it a bit more colour and a little bit of curves adjustment.

I like the way your grid is working, so...picture of the grid to show how you made it? ;)
Yea no probs I'll post a shot later watch this space, its looking a bit battered now the dog stood on it while I was taking todays shot :LOL:

Really like day 41 mate.
I may have a go at something similar later on.

Thanks mate (y)

Just catching up today Sean.

Day 40 - Nice lighting. How big is that model? Great detail.
Day 42 - Really like this shot (y)

Cheers Dave the car is 1/18 scale so about 12inches or so made by AutoArt would love to get some more but they are quite expensive and I can't justify it at the minute.

Thought I'd take advantage of the snow tonight.

3274415743_6dd3e283ff_o.jpg

3275237886_8a5fe4576b_o.jpg

As always thanks for welcome and comments welcomed (y)

Sean

Couple of shots of my grid after its run in with the dog, really should have used black straws but I couldn't for the life of me find any when I wanted them, I should be getting some black ones over the weekend but saying that even with the white straws it still does quite a good job.

3274537853_7b7bfa7a53_o.jpg

3274537709_69999fbc8f_o.jpg

Sean

Last edited:
Nice rally car shot (the head-on one)

the DOF helps to show off the small size :)

Only just catching up again, but will be up to speed by weekend and will be updating mine again ;)

Seen this today when walking Charlie, evil looking fellow isn't he. I made a little storyboard in the Fluffy Kittens section here

3277048570_da113568ca_o.jpg

Sean

some great shots here - sorry to hear about your 40D *** :( I can sympathise.

Loving the scary snowman!

some great shots here - sorry to hear about your 40D *** :( I can sympathise.

Loving the scary snowman!

thanks Kitten :)

That looks like a Friday The Thirteenth snowman! Evil!
Where did you get the info to make the snoot thing for the flash, or is it your own design?

Well it's not a real snoot in as you would usually see, I took some black card cut cover the end of the grid then cut a small circle in the centre of it not ideal and Im not sure it gives the same effect as a conventional snoot does but it modifies the light and thats what I was trying to achieve.

Nice Snowman (y)

Would look really scary at night if lit properly ;)

Bit late for that hehe see my post in the fluffy kittens section here

Not to sure I would have liked to walk down there with my kit in the dark it is completely unlit and very much out of the way takes about 20 minutes to walk there and Id' guess half of that is in complete darkness, but your right it could have been a cool shot shame mister snowman didn't survive until the dark.

Pretty boring shot but quite exciting for me, today I applied to get my driving license back after 10 years or so with out it (well actually done it yesterday but as I had some shots to post I saved it for today).

Yes I was young and stupid and got banned for a year but I never bothered to get it back as I knew I wouldn't be able to afford insurance as I hadn't been driving long after getting banned. Well now I'm no longer young and stupid I've decided its time to get behind the wheel again, well probably in a couple of months after I've saved a bit cash. The main reason for this was so I can travel further afield and visit interesting places to go shooting. Really looking forward to being able to get out and shoot some motorsport , visit some wildlife parks etc. and hopefully it will help me get out of my horrible life sucking job and into something better :)

3279909248_155947eda7_o.jpg

Sean

Back