Your best motorsport photo of 2010

hey james, welcome to the site, if you go to the first page and read the first thread it does say 1 photo....

My best of 2010:

4908494017_7b5b9039d1_o.jpg

If you added some smoke from a lock up to the inside tyre then that might work with the different wheel speed. Which might also work nicely with the broken wing.

dunganick said:
If you added some smoke from a lock up to the inside tyre then that might work with the different wheel speed. Which might also work nicely with the broken wing.

That's a good idea... although a decent looking smoke effect is pretty hard to pull off... if anyone fancy a crack at it lol....I better stop hijacking the thread, great photos guys, Garys takes it 4 me.. I look forward to seeing what u can do this year!

love your work, but the tyres, wheels and tarmac are all doing different speeds

I'm being a single bit sarcastic; how on Earth did you work that out by looking at the picture :shrug:

i'm gonna give myself some credit here :) i actually spotted it before i saw who posted it.. then i saw it was you and it became clear :)
although the only rep you have is having some awesome work.

One of my favorites from 2010, I don't like to exploit the unfortunate side of motosports but he Tommy Hill rode away from this with only a bruised ego. In fact he came back later in the day and had a good ride in the afternoon race. I have 17 shots of this mishap and I can prove he never let go of the bike, hands on the grips all the way in - picked it up and rode to the paddock with out any hesitation. I think for this reason I like the set and this one as much as I do

IMG_8284copy.jpg

One of my favorites from 2010, I don't like to exploit the unfortunate side of motosports but he Tommy Hill rode away from this with only a bruised ego. In fact he came back later in the day and had a good ride in the afternoon race. I have 17 shots of this mishap and I can prove he never let go of the bike, hands on the grips all the way in - picked it up and rode to the paddock with out any hesitation. I think for this reason I like the set and this one as much as I do

IMG_8284copy.jpg

Fantastic capture you were in the right place at the right time. :clap:

Lol..I have a...umm...reputation :bang:

:LOL: ... it's alway good to have some form of reputation :p

i'm gonna give myself some credit here :) i actually spotted it before i saw who posted it.. then i saw it was you and it became clear :)
although the only rep you have is having some awesome work.

I still can't spot anything odd, but I'd agree its' a great shot.

Fantastic capture you were in the right place at the right time. :clap:

Cheers Paul(y)! There is an old saying "I'd rather be lucky than good:LOL:" I do my best to improve the odds of luck coming to me, on this day luck found me;).

Last edited:
My 2010 shot of Ben Grindrod at Oulton Park in the Stock 600 race. Paul

1PW_8597_PwA.jpg

Hi to you all. I am new one the site but thought I'd join in if you don't mind. This is my favourite from British Superbikes at Mallory back in June. The old D2H still going well, as was James Ellison in this shot.

showphoto.php

Last edited:
Also new to the site, where to start? Glorious Goodwood or Snowy Dalby?
I've plumped for the following shot. ME super /300mm lens using Fuji iso800 Supra
Steve Perez / Paul Spooner Lancia Stratos Ae 1, Roger Albert Clark Rally
Perez.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been on here for a while, or I'd have posted this sooner.
5192484975_5df8f8617c_z.jpg

Andy Corner, JJ Stanley Showground Stages, Three Counties Showground, Malvern, November 2010.

Rubbish background, but then agricultural showgrounds are never the most picturesque of places!

My favorite from last year and my current desktop.

Taken at Lemans, my second race meet with the camera.

Hopefully some better one coming this year..:)

IMG_0057.jpg

I'm a bit late to the game with this one:

(It really was that dark)

Last edited:
Back