Your shots with the Raynox DCR250

Agreed, but if you thought f/1.8 gave a shallow DOF :LOL:.... wait till you put the DCR250 on the nose

I don't know from personal experience, but from what I'm given to understand, most dedicated macro lenses have a very narrow DOF, it's not particular just to the D250.

Though I would imagine on the nifty it may well be a challenge :)

I don't know from personal experience, but from what I'm given to understand, most dedicated macro lenses have a very narrow DOF, it's not particular just to the D250.

Though I would imagine on the nifty it may well be a challenge :)

so what lens is better for using it? all my other lenses are 77mm threads so dont think they are an option?!

It'll work with the Nifty Dave.

so what lens is better for using it? all my other lenses are 77mm threads so dont think they are an option?!

Look back through the thread and see what others have been using.

I personally have only ever used it on the 18-55m, 55-250mm and a Panasonic FZ18, all of which I can recommend

Look back through the thread and see what others have been using.

I personally have only ever used it on the 18-55m, 55-250mm and a Panasonic FZ18, all of which I can recommend

only problems is i have full frame so none of those lenses will work....

may just have to buy a macro lens too, will that give me a really good magnification ratio? albeit difficult to use im guessing!

really should have listened more in my class :LOL:

A true macro (excepting the MPE65) will give 1:1, as I've understood it. To get more magnification, you need tube rings, or in theory... although I dread to think how hard it would be to use, put the DCR 250 on the front of it. The MPE65 will give you up to 5x.. there's a few on here with them, and they produce stunning results.

Cheers Ant

iv seen the mp-e65mm and although its lovely what you can do, i dont think i can justify £700 just yet!

thats the raynox ordered, il see how i get on with the nifty first and if i like it may jut pick up a proper macro lens as well.

Would it not be possible to get a step down ring for one of your other lenses and use the raynox with them?

Would it not be possible to get a step down ring for one of your other lenses and use the raynox with them?

i dont know, was hoping someone on here could help me out with that?

they are all 77mm threads though, so unsure if it would work?

A few from me:

j5dloi.jpg

2dv0to7.jpg

kw5nd.jpg

Does anyone else find some serious vignetting up until about 60mm with the raynox? Also I'd love to know how people have got such amazing DOF, stacking doesn't seem practical with insects. I guess I just need to stick around F11 and higher.

thats a great shot jdaholic, was it focus stacked or just the one shot?

and a macro and raynox, easy to do? im looking into that option once i have a play with the raynox.

thats a great shot jdaholic, was it focus stacked or just the one shot?

and a macro and raynox, easy to do? im looking into that option once i have a play with the raynox.

It's just the one shot, f/22 1/200 SB900 on board, on boring TTL.

The raynox reduces the focus distance at 1:1 by nearly half with the tokina, so a bit more bush craft is required. (patience I call it) (y)

Finally got my camera back from repair. I'm at work though, so I'm lacking subjects! Here's a quid taken with my 70-300 @ 300, f11. Holy cow, the DOF is tricky to work with at that length. :nuts:

4720171521_a920dc254a.jpg

That's a start ;)

Try it at the short end first and slowly work up :)

my first macro shots!

i would love some honest feedback, got a lot to learn and need to soften my speedlight, its a bit harsh without a diffuser.

found this little guy out in a bucket of water so i scooped him out and shot away whilst he jumped all over the place.

a few more on my flickr, click on the pics and it will take you there ;)

Few from me, shot with my Canon S5 IS.
Tried it on my 30D with 17-85mm, 50mm and 70-300mm but with crap results.

4642247954_83d078897d_o.jpg

4648219896_b510be5901_o.jpg

4647606357_29832749d5_o.jpg

Al

Question.... Can I use the Raynox DCR 250 with a Sigma 50mm 1:2.8 DG Macro lens?

Thanx Alan, yes its 55mm ...may look into this...it looks a very handy piece of kit

I have a raynox related question, why when I put it on my 17-50 f2.8 can I see the black circle of the raynox?

Even at 50mm ?

I have a raynox related question, why when I put it on my 17-50 f2.8 can I see the black circle of the raynox?

Zoom through it, then focus!

Sorry Lee I can't give any advice on that, I don't know any thing about the Sony or the lens you're using.

I took this today, eye contact, with a touch of trepidation.

IMG_0745.jpg

Some amazing photos in this thread. Got my hands on one the other day and it is going to take some practice lol. Spent a while in the garden trying to get bee's + fly photos and they have all been deleted :LOL:

macro1.jpg

macro3.jpg

This one has a strange ring on it. Was taken at 135mm (on 18-135mm lens). Don't get the same problem on my 70-300mm, even when used at 70mm.
macro2.jpg

Sorry for flooding with the macros but I had a full day stalking yesterday:
4809080028_804f4ee05d.jpg

4808457515_5e5acdcf48.jpg

4808455343_e0582422be.jpg

4808456231_5620a0bd8d.jpg

More on my Flickr

Back