Recent content by A_S

  1. A

    Canon EOS R Series Cameras

    no screws here on the 70-200, i assume its bonded on. Anyway RE the 85, it was knocked against the side of the car boot as I took it out the camera bag - no real force this end, beleive it or not, the knock was on the end of the lens hood which obviously magnifies the force at the lens end...
  2. A

    Canon EOS R Series Cameras

    Had to dig back to find this one. Again - I am not sure this would happen on an EF 70-200 2.8. This was after canon fixed the tripod mount ring - so less than 6 months after they had replaced/fixed it.
  3. A

    Canon EOS R Series Cameras

    here is a photo of the latest one for a bit of context. I can say confidently that this would not happen on an EF equivelent!
  4. A

    Canon EOS R Series Cameras

    I think that depends on your use case. Its easier to keep your stuff nice and prestine if you are sitting in a studio all day vs if you are shooting a rally out in the field half way up a 45 degree bank in 2 deg temperatues with wind and rain battering you from all angles plus 2 remote cameras...
  5. A

    Canon EOS R Series Cameras

    Another RF lens back at Canon here. Thats the 4th time one has gone back due to damage. Willing to admit I was clumsy to damage them (100-500 tight focus ring after leaning my monopod up the wrong way and thinking it would stay up..), 70-200z after 20cm fall out of bag, tripod mount...
  6. A

    European athletics

    I had to google it as the information was conflicting and it didn't look right. In any case I did take my 100-500 and R5. I got it in, but I didn't use it in the end as it was sooo hot and fairly uncofortable so I just enjoyed the day!
  7. A

    European athletics

    This might be a bit late. Camera bag restrictions of 30cm x 20cm and max lens length of 6 inches extended?! (which I had to google as a conversion - roughly 15cm). Really? As I am going by bus tomorrow do I risk taking something bigger - that seems really restrictive and disapointing as I took...
  8. A

    Does anyone use Amazon Photos for storage ?

    It was just an example of how I do it. Could be a freinds, a relative etc etc. Bit nit picky and focusing on a specific rather than the wider context and intented meaning of the post don't you think?
  9. A

    Photoshop paint brush quirk that I've always wondered about

    Forget selection, this is not about different ways of doing a mask, this is understanding how the brush works.... edit: seems like the message above in relation to that comment has been deleted or Ive been blocked as its no longer there!
  10. A

    Photoshop paint brush quirk that I've always wondered about

    The best way to describe it is to show you. As you can see I have a specific sized circular brush but the area of the stroke/click is not confied to this area, which makes it very hard to work with when using a feather/or low hardness. especially blending masks. Ideally I want the lack of...
  11. A

    Photoshop paint brush quirk that I've always wondered about

    When Masking something, often trees or a building I want to go really tight to the edge of that building but I always find that the brush tool seems to impact pixels outside the bounds (circle) of the tool. Often its quite a significant distance - which makes it hard to mask accurately unless...
  12. A

    CPL filters for car and bike photography?

    I've been wracking my brains to try and think where and when I might be able to find a good example to illustrate this.... This one isn't perfect - its my Remote one side of the road without a CPL (due to camera used, lens aperture and levels of light etc) and my hand held camera with one. As...
  13. A

    Fixing a bent CF card pin

    I think the problem was a cheap cf card I bought on eBay - it was a dummy card to which you inserted an sd card - not that that is relevant - but it was always a diffficult fit on the 7D and obviously I must have damaged the pin while using it
  14. A

    Fixing a bent CF card pin

    Thanks, It won't be a warrenty issue as the camera is 22 years old! Its more what can I do try and dislodge it. I tried with modelling tweezers last night but I may try the pin trick as per Andrew's suggestion above
Back
Top