£1.49 flowers, £9.99 Lightbox & Nifty Fifty

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
These are my attempts at amusing myself on a rainy Sunday!

C+C welcome and appreciated - Plese be brutal - All sharpened - I sharpened before resizing - DOH!!!

2840811842_acd3b42906_o.jpg

2840954706_1895326561_o.jpg

2840987336_28df9295d5_o.jpg

Last edited:
They are good , maybe you lost a little focus IMHO but I would be proud of a set like that.
Good to see the nifty is not just for indoor portraits too

They look quite soft on my monitor :thinking: did you sharpen them after resizing for the web ?

You just stole that gerbera from me :LOL:

I love them, could we maybe have a pic of the set up as well? :)

Love the colours, especially the purple one. Only crit is, the positioning is the same in all shots. :thinking:

I have no criticism - just advice. All lovely and sharp, well lit and I don't think the focus (or DOF) is an issue either. Cracking stuff.

Advice - all centrally placed - rule of thirds would help you get better compositions - even on a black background.

Have just sharpened - Hope they look a bit better now!

Yes they they look better Now, As others have said good lighting and use of DOF just try a different composition next time - if the flower head is 'looking' to the left place the flower on the right hand side on a third and swap it over onto the left hand side for a flower 'looking' to the right

Good shots, only a couple of points.

1. On the ‘square on’ shots 2 and 3 I would consider tighter/square, (sorry Russell), crops.
2. On shot 1 as you have the flower leaning I would crop tighter on the right hand side so that the flower leans ‘into’ the shot.

The light box is certainly giving good results.

The second one really does it for me. It's the lighting, there are no harsh lights or shadows to contend with just bathed in lovely soft light. It's a winner (especially if you crop off a bit of the black to the left:))

Nice set, really good lighting, agree with previous comments about position of flower

Good set. Lovely colours. 2 is my fave, as the colour just stands out a little more.

They all look good to me (y)
I'd be well happy with those

Nice set, and well lit! #1 stands out for me - such a superb colour! Enhanced by the droplets too!

I agree with the various positioning comments but nonetheless these are very good imho!

:)

I have read all your advice re the crops. I'm not sure if I have cropped the Gerbera right - Should there be more black on the left or right?:thinking:

Hope you don't mind me posting the updated crop - Want to get this right.

2843835778_8f3fdc75e8_o.jpg

Back