£100 P/hr wedding photographer

Ever heard of basic software to remove ALL exif data.
QUOTE]/QUOTE]

Strangley working previosuly in the forensic arena yes. But I'm also aware of some very special software that will recover it even thouugh most people will believe it to have been destroyed ! - that aside, it matters not, If you take someones work and claim it for your own and the photographer can prove copywrite (I have all my orginal files back up) then you have no grounds ![

Don't get me wrong, none of this is insurmountable, as I said earlier though, the OP needs to understand the 'ask'.

If a 'local photographer' came to me and asked for me to shoot some images of him, explained how he wanted to process them, why he needed my input etc. we could easily reach an agreement for me to shoot on his card and hand it over (similar to the way we 2nd shoot for others). But the OP hasn't 'thought this through' to the point he's aware of the pitfalls. He just appears to think he's 'cutting down the work to reduce the bill' which isn't even close to how it works.

Which is how some event photography works and I've done stuff like this before on large events. Shoot on the event photographers cards, they have runners to collect cards and take back to the site 'hq' for processing and display to potential buyers. All responsibility of the images are theirs. Shoot rubbish and you don't get asked back, shoot well with little need for processing and you'll be in demand. Either way the photographer is covered over image usage and expectations. It's all agreed beforehand, which is what would have to happen in this case.

Which is how some event photography works and I've done stuff like this before on large events. Shoot on the event photographers cards, they have runners to collect cards and take back to the site 'hq' for processing and display to potential buyers. All responsibility of the images are theirs. Shoot rubbish and you don't get asked back, shoot well with little need for processing and you'll be in demand. Either way the photographer is covered over image usage and expectations. It's all agreed beforehand, which is what would have to happen in this case.

Thanks for useful information, i didn't know that.
Better than use the usual 'you get what you pay for' which can be applied to every purchase/deal in life, but doesn't mean other avenues shouldn't be explored.

Looking at upping my Budget to £200 for the right guy, still know this is only a fraction of what a proper wedding package should charge, but looking back through this thread i'm pleased some of you have helped me raise the budget!
Even considering some of the Groupon deals that are available.
I still like the idea to pp our wedding day pictures, so i would mention this in the early stages of agreeing a deal with the tog.

Thanks again.

Looking at upping my Budget to £200 for the right guy, still know this is only a fraction of what a proper wedding package should charge, but looking back through this thread i'm pleased some of you have helped me raise the budget!
I still like the idea to pp our wedding day pictures, so i would mention this in the early stages of agreeing a deal with the tog.

Thanks again.

I'd avoid Groupon to be honest - I would have thought for £200you'd find a reasonable photographer to do as you wish. Best of luck

Thanks again.
For £200 I'd deliver you RAWs if you let me do the cull first. :D

Last edited:
If money has changed hands, the product walking out the door is labelled 'Phil Vaughan Photography', and if it's unedited that raises a question of reputational damage.
You do realize that the customer can edit anything you deliver. There are limits, but they are pretty lenient IMO (and proving "damages" is no minor thing). I suppose there is some difference in supplying finished images that you don't expect to be/need edited.

It's worth trying one of those 'Spotted...Town' type groups on Facebook, sure you will probably get a lot of junk replies, but you only need one who may be very early in their career and looking for some nice portfolio samples etc. My early bookings came based on a mainly motorsport and travel portfolio, so somebody with proven experience in others areas who is looking into wedding photography might jump at the chance to pretty much just cover their costs for a bit of wedding experience.

Lots of people have immediately gone 'worst case scenario' for this (as is to be expected I guess), but there are enough photographers out there that you should easily be able to find somebody more than competent enough to cover your needs who is within a few miles of the venue. I'm currently at 5 completed weddings with 7 booked, only one of them is more than 7 miles from my doorstep.

The only question mark would be around the editing, but I still think for £100 somebody is out there who would do the hours shooting + editing and do it well, you just need to find them.

Last edited:
Cheers chaps, im hoping myself and Phil can come to an agreement, i will keep you posted!

The aim must be to deliver something which they don't want to edit.

Steve.
Of course, or at least something they don't feel they *have* to edit ;).
My only point is that there are no guarantees and little protection no matter how you go about it... (unless you deliver only prints).

Just to update the Thread, I have now found a chap who is willing to photograph the wedding which i'm happy with.
Thanks to all who have commented.
Jon

Back