£100 TFT Monitor

Name
The King Of Prestwich
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all,

Can anybody suggest a decentish monitor, preferably 19" widescreen (so I can do me photos on it!! :D) that would come in at around the £100 mark. There seems to be a few from the £80 range onwards, including branded ones like Fujitsu from Dabs, Novatech, Microdirect etc, but I'm trying to avoid picking up a dud!

Has anybody bought one recently, or does anybody have a suggestion of what to get?? :)

Good suggestion, but looks a little more than I was hoping to spend! Any more, for many more??

I rate the samsung monitors and have for a while. I tried a shiny screen but couldn't get on with it, loads of reflections. Different screens for different people i suppose?

Same as mine but the 20" vesion. Good call. I have the 22" version and i love it!!!!!!:love: Enjoy!

Wicked!! :D I got free next day delivery by signing up to Amazon prime on a 1 month free trial, which I'll be cancelling as soon as the monitor lands!! :)

Good stuff! Not only are they good screens (highly reccomended all over the web) but they look very cool on your desk top.

Wicked!! :D I got free next day delivery by signing up to Amazon prime on a 1 month free trial, which I'll be cancelling as soon as the monitor lands!! :)

I'm also in the market for a monitor - be sure to post back to let us know if its up to scratch.

I'm also in the market for a monitor - be sure to post back to let us know if its up to scratch.

A BIG vote here for Samsung monitors!!!!

Yey, just landed and looks awesome!! :D No dead pixels, which is always a good start point!! :)

Any suggestions on calibration Andy - I haven't got an expensive tool ;) or owt??

Calibration....well i have not touched my screen as it all worked fine straight out the box. I don't know how to calibrate the screen unless it's just fiddling with the settings and calibrate to to what? If it looks OK then fine. I don't know if there are any websites with color charts and calibration recommendations?

I did find this site: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/viewing.html

I guess if the black to white strip looks even then you're good to go. Mine looks 100% fine.

Back