£1k photo editing laptop

Edit My Images
Yes
Have been looking at the dell xps range. Does anyone else have any other recommendations. I will be using it for Lightroom. Watching films, word processing. I would like a 17 inch screen.

top end 17 sony Vaio have good screens if you pick the optional high spec (cant remember name) as It has a matt screen

Don't get the xps z series, avoid at all costs. Mine is 3 months old and looks older than my 3 years old Lenovo and has various dents, bulges and cracked bezel.

I have an i7 XPS with an SSD [1] and it's the dog's.
Boots to the login prompt in around 16 secs.

[1] Already decided that laptops are not really the place for storage so not having huge disk space isn't a problem.

I have an i7 XPS with an SSD [1] and it's the dog's.
Boots to the login prompt in around 16 secs.

[1] Already decided that laptops are not really the place for storage so not having huge disk space isn't a problem.
:agree: (I also have an XPS with SSD). In fact it boots quicker than resuming from hibernate.....

Thanks for the help so far. I am interested in the Lenovo w530 but am concerned that the screen will be a bit small for watching DVDs. How about the Samsung np550p7c ? Anyone have any opinions on that.

Can't believe that no one has mentioned a Mac yet - Have a trawl through the fleabay for 17 inch MBP's and see what turns up.

Back