£300,00 a week ... is anyone worth that?

Barack Obama, gets paid £240k a week.
Wayne Rooney, gets paid £300k a week.
One runs the U.S.A. the other can't count to 10.
I rest my case M'lord......

Not much of a case

Rooney isn't paid to count to 10

Obama probably couldn't get a game for the USA.

Barack Obama, gets paid £240k a week.
Wayne Rooney, gets paid £300k a week.
One runs the U.S.A. the other can't count to 10.
I rest my case M'lord......
ahhhh, liverpool football humour .... no need for facts, or logic ..... without the funny accent, it doesn't really work that well ;)

Ok he may have a talent but 300k a week is crazy (n)
But on the other hand if someone offered you 300k a week would you turn it down :thinking:

looked like the Palace fans thought he deserved a few more pennies when he was taking corners tonight

I'm a lifelong utd fan and I think paying him that amount of money is obscene.

He is worth what an employer is prepared to pay him. In this case, an employer has decided that the number of bums on seats he generates every Saturday, plus contribution to the success of the club etc is worth £300k/week to them. They are in a better position to make that judgement than any of us and as first and foremost a business they will surely have looked into it very carefully.

I'm not a football fan, I do not care what he earns.

I am sure that many people think it's obscene that we spend thousands on a lens or camera.

Do others think it's obscene that jagger, bono, Pitt, cruise, woods etc... Earn similar or more than Rooney?

I am sure that many people think it's obscene that we spend thousands on a lens or camera.

Do others think it's obscene that jagger, bono, Pitt, cruise, woods etc... Earn similar or more than Rooney?

It's all nuts but it doesn't matter whether you're kicking a ball, acting or modelling a pair of underpants. United are currently negotiating a deal with Nike reported be worth 1 Billion and the suits pulling the strings on both sides will know whether the investment in the person, is worth it from a commercial point of view.

I'm sure I heard on Sky TV that Rooney will get something like £16m per year. To put that into perspective from an 'entertainment' point of view - According to Forbes (on Pay alone) for the last 1 year - Robert Downey Jr ($75 million) Channing Tatum ($60 million), Hugh Jackman ($55 million), Mark Wahlberg ($52 million), Dwayne Johnson ($46 million), Leonardo DiCaprio ($39 million), Adam Sandler ($37 million), Tom Cruise ($35 million), Denzel Washington ($33 million) and Liam Neeson ($32 million).

I didn't look into other sports but the same applies I guess.

Last edited:
Ok he may have a talent but 300k a week is crazy (n)
But on the other hand if someone offered you 300k a week would you turn it down :thinking:

I suspect that anyone replying in the negative is lying either to themselves or everyone else. :D ;)

Back