£4 worth of silliness

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Picked this up today at a local antique/bric-a-brac place for £4, just because I liked it. I know it takes 828 film which isn't made anymore but I liked the cut of its jib so I bought.

Its a Kodak Bantam Coloursnap. Daft innit. :nuts:

Andy

***£4 worth of silliness***

Indeed when you can pick up a Zenit or Praktica camera with helios or Oreston lens for about £4 at a boot sale, mind you people are waking up and smelling the coffee as I offered £2 for a jammed Spotmatic 500 with tatty 55mm f2 and he said he wanted £15....lol

Here you go - instructions to roll your own DIY 828...

Blimey thats a bit complicated for a simpleton like me :nuts:

***£4 worth of silliness***

Indeed when you can pick up a Zenit or Praktica camera with helios or Oreston lens for about £4 at a boot sale, mind you people are waking up and smelling the coffee as I offered £2 for a jammed Spotmatic 500 with tatty 55mm f2 and he said he wanted £15....lol

I think I'll have a mooch around some car boots this year as it would seem I have suddenly become a camera collector :thinking:

Andy

That's pretty good going! I bought an Olympus OM-10 in a charity shop for £2.50 last year...with a roll of film in it! You can't even get a roll of film for £2.50 nowadays! :D

Blimey thats a bit complicated for a simpleton like me :nuts:

I thought the same about processing my own BnW film this time last year :LOL:
I've now graduated to doing colour, and even cross-processing. Like everything, it's just a matter of being methodical. I reckon that once you've cut down a 120 film paper backing, winding a couple of feet of 35mm would be easy enough, and It'd be interesting to see the results. Guess I just don't like the idea of "shelf cameras" :shrug:

***I think I'll have a mooch around some car boots this year as it would seem I have suddenly become a camera collector***

I'm sometimes unlucky....... this lot I knocked the person down to £12.50:-
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/DSC00652.jpg

Fujica STX-2 in mint condition with flash and extender, everything was working before buying but later on at home set the camera to 1/1000 sec and it jammed...wtf a doorstop now.

Luck of the draw I suppose, its the same on e-bay to a certain extent. But I think its part of the fun as well, not knowing what you're going to get, just like shooting film....

Andy

Back