Daily **058/366 added** *ACWS 366*

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

This is my first 366 attempt, so hopefully all goes well. After reading about MentalBlocks Nifty Challenge I decided this would be a good way to kick off my year.

As he stated in his rules I'm going to try and avoid staged shots for January and use only my nifty fifty.

Good luck all the other 366'rs /52'rs for 2012!

ACW

Last edited:
Best of luck with the challenge Adam but don't forget that 2012 will infant be a leap year (y) so it will in fact be a 366 (y) I will be doing it along with you (y) so there will be some support with you, I've had a massive amount of fun with my 365 this year :woot:

I'm not going to lie to you, some days it will be very hard, if you have one of those day please feel free to drop me a PM (y)

Would you like a link to your thread adding into the index for 2012 HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Good luck, look forward to seeing your images!!

Thanks you :) If you've got one I'll subscribe to yours too.

Best of luck with the challenge Adam but don't forget that 2012 will infant be a leap year (y) so it will in fact be a 366 (y) I will be doing it along with you (y) so there will be some support with you, I've had a massive amount of fun with my 365 this year :woot:

I'm not going to lie to you, some days it will be very hard, if you have one of those day please feel free to drop me a PM (y)

Would you like a link to your thread adding into the index for 2012 HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt, I can imagine I'll be having a fair few of those come day 50ish so keep your inbox clear for a torrent of distressed messages!

Good luck with yours again, had a look through your previous one and looks like you've got this 365 thing nailed, nice one!

Thanks you :) If you've got one I'll subscribe to yours too.

Thanks Matt, I can imagine I'll be having a fair few of those come day 50ish so keep your inbox clear for a torrent of distressed messages!

Good luck with yours again, had a look through your previous one and looks like you've got this 365 thing nailed, nice one!

I think that the very best piece of advise I can give you is be disciplined, don't let yourself get behind on processing and posting as before you know it you can get a few days behind and that soon becomes a week, try and post every single day if you can (y) also don't be afraid to give yourself a rest, If I'm starting to get really tired of it, I'll make sure to do a POTD just after midnight that will then effectively give you a day off if your starting to get tired (y) I've done that a few times this year (y)

Matt

So here it goes, my first post of my 366.

This picture didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, I had asked 2 people to stand in front of the tree, but had to grab the pic quick hence poor composition, was focussing more on having a good time!

Anyway here it is and Happy New Year everyone at TP!

1/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

ACW

Mentalblock said:
Hi Adam,

I like the idea, but it looks too soft on the hands/ glass.
The DOF is great and the tree really makes the background.

Happy new year.

Neil

Happy new year to you too, and thanks, and it was struggling to get the focus bang on in low light.

Todays picture is taken but I can't get to a computer! Will have to post both tomorrow.

Already a day late with this one, but here it goes. This is one taken while messing around with the oh. :)

002/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Todays effort, I've got a few similar ideas but need to hone them a bit, but glad I managed to find something to submit, however rushed!

003/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Todays offering, good bye Christmas :(

004/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

I promise this is nearly the end of shots containing fairy light bokeh!

Todays didn't turned out as planned but I'll post anyway, I used UV paint and UV light for the first then just translated it around the page adjusted the hue. I though the final result would be more striking.

009/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Keep up the good work Adam, the last two are great.

I'm afraid I may have to stop mine or change the rules!
Work and family getting in the way!!

Sorry to hear that mate, it's been much harder than I thought.

However I'm loving using it as an excuse to the other half for having my camera on me all the time. You going to try again or maybe change it to a 52?

Very good :D

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Last two are nice, mmmmmm, GT-R.

Well done for the first week. Good luck for the next 51.

Beltin that last one. I nearly resorted to another self portrait today but have resisted thus far.

Beltin that last one. I nearly resorted to another self portrait today but have resisted thus far.

As ever, todays is going to be posted late so I'll just edit this one and stick it in tomorrow morning.

If I didn't edit my shots then maybe they'd actually be posted on the right days!

Todays was my first quick attempt at light painting. I'm not so sure how it went but here we go. One for the whisky connoisseurs :)

012/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

ACW liking this but looks a little dark around the bottle, would of liked just a bit more light around that nice bottle..

ACW liking this but looks a little dark around the bottle, would of liked just a bit more light around that nice bottle..

Thanks Tony, I agree about the darkness, it was a nightmare to light, the bottle was throwing back horrible reflections! I think I need to diffuser the light a lot more!

It's good to see things still progressing (y) I do really like the light painting (y) and looking forward to seeing how you develop it (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt, I'm trying to vary it up day by day, but I think the cycle is going to just end up being portait, monkee, random object, car, then over! At least until the start of February when I can start mixing up the lenses! An adapter arrived for a nice old 28mm 2.8 today so I can't wait to give it a play tomorrow!

Right, with minutes to spare heres todays offering, still trying to hone the portait taking.

12/01/12 by ACW#, on Flickr

edited image and reuploaded,

thanks Penguin :)

Last edited:
Because I already had the lighting gear up and I haven’t gone to bed where I should be, I decided to do a self-portrait inspired by something I watched on TV earlier. Any guesses what is was? I'll be disappointed if no one gets it!

(dont read the flickr description or it gives it away)

014/366 (read description) by ACW#, on Flickr

Back