1 camera 1 lens

Almost all the cameras I've used have been used with a single prime lens mainly as I have never really liked the weight of zooms and I don't want the hassle of having to carry spare lenses and swap them. I like photography to be as simple as possible - set aperture, set shutter speed, set focus distance, press shutter button

Almost all the cameras I've used have been used with a single prime lens mainly as I have never really liked the weight of zooms and I don't want the hassle of having to carry spare lenses and swap them. I like photography to be as simple as possible - set aperture, set shutter speed, set focus distance, press shutter button

Be nice to have the money! :)

Surly the best option for a 1 camera 1 lenes solution is a camera body with a one fixed lenes with a prime or zoom?

I used to have a fair few lenses for my cameras. Now i just use 1 rangefinder camera with a 35, the other a SLR with a 50. Works well for my needs and no stressing about carrying extra stuff or wondering whether a different perspective would be more appealing!

I'm doing this, with a Leitz Minolta CL, M-rokkor 40mm lens, and TriX film! Been going since some time in January. I did swerve sideways onto a Bessa R3A, but with the same lens and film, but I'm back on the CL, since the rangefinder in the R3A has drifted out a bit. See thread here (still got results from last processed film to add to it).

For me, the "one film" element is more important, I think, than the one camera, one lens. It's forcing me to re-learn the black and white "eye" that I had when I started nearly 50 years ago (!), and lost when I moved to colour in the 70s (the 70s were definitely colour, right?). I think using a rangefinder rather than a SLR has also been useful in changing my viewpoint, and oddly I have found the primitive, annoying analogue metering of the CL better (for the purposes of learning) than the more "digital" metering of the Bessa.

Back